• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

FNG here. Looking at a new '11 C14. What's a good OTD price?

captainmarko

They were asking $15,599 but I know that's MSRP.  What have folks been paying for these in reality?  I am on the verge of pulling the trigger  :whoo:, I just need to get my facts in line before I start negotiations.

Oh, and a question.

The bike's just a little tall for me.  For safety reasons, like if I have my wife on the back, I'd really like to be able to flat foot it.  They have one in the dealership that has been lowered (rear suspension-different link) and that was the perfect height for me.  I'm reasonably certain that I can talk them into swapping my stock link for the lowered one, and if not, I can pick one up and have it installed as part of the deal.

Has anybody out there lowered their bike?  And does it compromise anything?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Well I bought my 2011 c14 for $13200 here in centerville utah.  Saturday I went to another dealer that I tried to buy a 2010 model this dealer wanted full price, as of saturday that 2010 model is still for sale so some dealer wanted more than others

IMO, The problem I have with paying list for a 2011, is that it's pretty much a left over bike now. If your going to pay list. You might as well get a 2012. A 2011 should now be discounted some. Many have gotten great prices on new bikes. At this time of the year, a dealer should be offering much better prices trying to make sales. To pay list price for a 2011 now seems too high. But like I said, it's just my opinion. Maybe they feel you need the bike more than they need to sell it.  ;)

As far as lowering a C14 goes. Quite a few have done it. It has been the topic of some interesting conversations. But it is possible with the use of lowering links, sliding the forks up in the triple trees a little, the use of a different (lower) seat, and even by using boots with higher soles to help grip and flat footing. (I personally like the Red Wing Loggers). So there are some idea's for you. Hope it helps.

There are several new '11 C14's on ebay for under $13K. A '12 C14 lists for $15.9K and the dealer cost is $13.8K. I would guess that an '11 costs the dealer about $13.5K, but there must be some dealer incentives since there are a few on ebay for under $13K. Print out the ebay ads, bring them to the dealer and ask him to match the price. If they don't play ball, head down the road to the next guy. Remember, you are the consumer and you are in the driver's (rider's) seat. PS - I paid $14.4K for a new '12 last month.

When I first test drove my '08 the previous owner had used the lowering links,  to me it handled so poorly  I was not interested.  The dealer put it back to stock and it was like a different bike, felt much more responsive.

chamberlincalls- Thanks.  That's what I was looking for.  I'll probably go for the seat mod or just replace the seat. to get lower. 

Thanks to all the rest of you.  That's exactly what I wanted to know.  Let the bargaining commence!

I paid $13100 for my new 2011 silver about a month ago. Dealer cost is about $13500 but Kawi kicks them back about $500 to $600 incentive. So really they are making nothing at 13000 or lower. I asked my dealer and he said he made $80 but I also financed at the 1.95% and they made 1% off that, so another $130. So if you can get one for $13000 or better, you are doing good.

Timbo-  Thats what I was thinking.  Printed out a few off ebay averaging between 12,500 and 13,000 OTD.  If they'll deal,  I'll ride it home.  If not I may have a flight in my future.  Thanks for ask the input, guys.

I paid $12,999 OTD for a 2011 silver (the best color!) ;) this past July.  Dealers were not doing well then and I doubt that things have improved much, especially considering the prime riding season is over.  I'm not aware of any special incentives for the customer or the dealer at this time but if they've had the bike for awhile they'll deal.  Good luck, it's a great bike! :)

Prime riding season may be over for the Northeast, but it's just started here in the Southwest....100 degrees every day is just about done.....beautiful days now for the next 8 months! :beerchug:

b206driver said:
Prime riding season may be over for the Northeast, but it's just started here in the Southwest....100 degrees every day is just about done.....beautiful days now for the next 8 months! :beerchug:

This is where it would be nice to be a snow bird!  :motonoises:

PopPop said:
I paid $12,999 OTD for a 2011 silver (the best color!) ;) this past July.  Dealers were not doing well then and I doubt that things have improved much, especially considering the prime riding season is over.  I'm not aware of any special incentives for the customer or the dealer at this time but if they've had the bike for awhile they'll deal.  Good luck, it's a great bike! :)

That $12,900 you payed was without tax right ? I've found one here for $12,929 without tax. Don't think it's going to get any cheaper .

You guy's in the other areas must live right! When I was shopping for mine I looked 200 miles in all directions. This covered alot of MC dealers and none of them were willing to deal lower than $15,000.00. Must cost more to ship to the NW, or they knew they could sell them in time.
Thats why I ended up getting a 2010 for $13,200.00, which I like just fine, besides BLUE is faster!!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: