• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Forum Account problem

glayman5162864

I suppose this can go here, but for some reason my user name changed and my avatar disappeared. It used to be COG1374. The only thing I can think of is I had to change my default email because that account went away when I change my ISP. And don't ask me how long ago these changes took place because I don't come here as much as I used to since I quit riding.

And along those lines, I'm finding it hard to justify staying a member, so don't go to extraordinary lengths to resolve my problem, but it would be nice to discover what happened. My post count went away too, so it's almost like I'm a new member here...

I suppose this can go here, but for some reason my user name changed and my avatar disappeared. It used to be COG1374. The only thing I can think of is I had to change my default email because that account went away when I change my ISP. And don't ask me how long ago these changes took place because I don't come here as much as I used to since I quit riding.

And along those lines, I'm finding it hard to justify staying a member, so don't go to extraordinary lengths to resolve my problem, but it would be nice to discover what happened. My post count went away too, so it's almost like I'm a new member here...
Hi Jerry - Welcome back... You've been away a while... since before the club migrated to to new membership management and forum software AUG 2020. You are using a different email address than on the old system and this created a new account here on the forum linked to your COG user profile.
We will look into this over the next week or so and see if it is possible to link your new email to your old forum account.

For others following this thread, this would be an example of why I recommend not using isp provided email. It's one way they retain customers because few people want to go through updating their email address with everyone they correspond with or online accounts. AT&T and Comcast will let you keep the address if you leave them. The problem comes when you need support and no longer have an account number. I have had a number of people that were extremely frustrated with a simple password reset. Hope this helps folks avoid isp frustration.

For others following this thread, this would be an example of why I recommend not using isp provided email. It's one way they retain customers because few people want to go through updating their email address with everyone they correspond with or online accounts. AT&T and Comcast will let you keep the address if you leave them. The problem comes when you need support and no longer have an account number. I have had a number of people that were extremely frustrated with a simple password reset. Hope this helps folks avoid isp frustration.
Bud, hey that's good to know. For those of you that change your ISP on a regular basis it must be difficult to keep up with stuff like this. But FWIW, the ISP I just kicked to the curb I had for over 25 years. Finally went with a much higher speed fiber service at a lower price, so I kinda had to make the change.... and we're still dealing with the problems that the sudden disappearance of a 25 year old email address causes. (Not only mine, but my wife's email too)

But as already mentioned, if it can't be done don't worry about it. I spend more time over on the Dodge Charger forum now anyway.

Hey Jerry good to here from you, even though it's about a problem you are having, it's nice to know that you are still kicking it.

I think you and Bob should come down for Nationals, it would be good to see both of you. And if you or Bob win anything you can always give it to me. šŸ˜
Like the nice Delkevic pipe I have on my bike šŸ¤£

Sorry to hijack this thread, I'll try contacting you and Bob about Nationals.

Ride safe and stay healthy
Dale

Hey Dale! Long time no see. Not since your hours changed. Bob and I were actually planning on going to the national, but due to some health issues Bob had to drop plans and me... well I don't have an excuse. ... other than not having a bike anymore.

We're still meeting for breakfasts... mostly. Had to cancel last week due to health issues.

Do you have a period of time when you were not a member?
If so, (at a certain amount of time) the COG number you had was dropped and a new one issued when you rejoined.

Do you have a period of time when you were not a member?
If so, (at a certain amount of time) the COG number you had was dropped and a new one issued when you rejoined.
No, I still have the same number as I did from the first day. 1374. Been a dues paying member for over 25 years. As explained above, there was a server/program update that whacked my old user ID/profile.

No, I still have the same number as I did from the first day. 1374. Been a dues paying member for over 25 years. As explained above, there was a server/program update that whacked my old user ID/profile.

The explanation was posted above... you changed email address from what you used on old system, did not update your user profiles, and this caused the system to identify you as a new user.

The explanation was posted above... you changed email address from what you used on old system, did not update your user profiles, and this caused the system to identify you as a new user.
Yeah I know. I get it. My bad. I was just responding to the post from Connie_rider.

Thanks!

Yeah I know. I get it. My bad. I was just responding to the post from Connie_rider.

Thanks!
lol - my response was to clarify for those incorrectly speculating on the reason for the issue.

Things with your account have been fixed the best we can for now.
Your new email was linked to your old forum account. Log out and back in to complete the switch.
Your new forum account has been disabled. It may not be possible to move your new account posts to the old account.

Hello,

Sorry for the hijacking - I have the same issue I overlooked about a year and something ago.
Could I have my old profile reinstated under my current email?

My old accouht is https://forum.concours.org/index.php?members/xcore78.12448/#about - I can prove it by COG ID, it's the same, and my name is abviously the same :) I moved since, so don;t pay too much attention to "Austin, TX" line.

Thank you.

@xcore78 - this should be fixed now.

To avoid this issue, let COG IT know if you have changed your email address within your member profile and we can preemptively update your forum account before you log in.

If anyone else experiences this issue, please send an email to COG IT and provide your name and COG number, username for both forum accounts, current email address.