• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

FUEL FILTER #33006 ON THE CONNIE / PLUGS ALSO

I was not going to put a in line fuel filter on the Connie but I did it today. Drained the tank again. Went to Oreilly's and bought a #33006 in line fuel filter. I wanted to say after I drained the tank I have some clear 5 gallon fuel tanks that I put the fuel in and it was crystal clear looking down in it with a flashlight no dirt no debris. I cut the main fuel line were the 90 degree starts and put a really nice spring clamp on the fuel line & filter. Bought some nice clear fuel line from Murph and let the tank down & measured & cut the line to fit proper no kinks or hard bends. I also went to auto zone & got some plugs They were changed at 12 thousand but it just seemed it had a miss in it. Found water in #1 & # 4 plug holes spark plugs were toast previous owner pressure washed it to make it look really nice before I picked it up. It runs like it should now I took it for a 25 mile run & Was amazed at how much torque it had It will give my 1250 Bandit a run for the money. I paid $2400.00 for the bike It looks amazing and should be around for a long time. Will change the antifreeze next.

Dean

BOWTIE. I had never heard of that before until reading it on this site. I have some Amsoil TCW3 and after I cleaned the tank the other day I did install the proper amount in the Connie. I believe it will make a difference. I put some in my 93 750 Honda Nighthawk also. Good advice B

That clear fuel line gave me trouble . When it heats up it gets real flimsy and can kink closed so beware . I've had the 90 degree filter on for years with no issues .