• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Fuel smell from exhaust

I have freshly rebuilt my carbs, they’ve been synced, I’ve adjusted the mixture screws to lean and to enrichen as a test. The bike sits and idles fine , has plenty of power , I don’t have to hold the choke excessively when starting and idling during warm up time , the bike accelerates fine and has no hesitation when revving either. I’ve also double checked for leaks on the manual petcock , vacuum lines , fuel line and everything in between but for some reason regardless of what I do , if you’re standing next to the bike while it’s running or behind it at the exhaust it smells like fuel, also to add, there’s no smoke whatsoever coming from the exhaust either and you can’t smell gas when the bike is off , just when it’s running. This is a 91 is that matters

Others in the club have tried pods and had jetting issues.
The accepted best in the club is to keep the OEM airbox.

The box is EZ to find on Ebay.

Almost forgot;
Some time ago, I bought a stock airbox for another member and he later decided he didn't want it.
So, I still have it.
If you want it, how about $20 plus shipping?

Putting a clear tube on the bowl drain and opening the screw should work to see the issue.
But note that the difference in perfect height and too high isn't much.