• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Fuel system.

Ahcoraj

So, I pulled the tank to run the Galfer SS clutch line, and now i have 2 connections I that don't know where they go. They start between the first and last carb sections, and are clear, (yellowed) fuel line whereas everything else is black fuel line. I have pics below. My Clymer manual isn't much help, its pics are poor and the diagrams don't show where they end. It also shows 3 connections at the back of the tank but I only have one. As always your advice is appreciated.

Attachments

• 20221113_113024.jpg
    20221113_113024.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 72
  • 20221113_113034.jpg
    20221113_113034.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 71
+1 to bowtie..

This stupid pia smartphone and it's camera is a life saver... take lots of pics on anything ur pla nning of touching before and from every angle u possibly couldn't think of...saved my butt (insert giggles here) many a time and again.. when ur done delete them...

Are you sure? To be clear, I'm asking about the yellow (probably used to be clear) lines that start between the carburetor (first pic close right only, and second pic, both from a bit further back) The petcock lines are the small and large black pair seen in both photos with the spring circle clip

Thanks guys, I thought I was making mental notes as to what went where. And it looked to me like they're supposed to connect to something since the ends are kinda flared. Are they just supposed to end there under the seat, or should i be looking for a tube that takes them down to the bottom of the bike like the other vent tubes?

They just end on top of the air box.

They provide a way for the air to get out of or into the float bowl. Without atmospheric pressure on top of the fuel in the bowl, fuel will not flow out of the jets correctly. Think of it as a straw. With your finger over the top and put it in a glass, no liquid will come up it. Same thing if it is full and you put your finger over the top, then lift it out no fluid will come out.