• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Garmin to Sena bluetooth connection

Vader

I recently updated my Sena 30K to the newest 2.0 version and I can't get it paired back again to my Garmin Zumo 660LM.  I have even factory reset both the Sena and the Garmin with not effect.  The 30K shows up on the Garmin screen, but when you choose it to pair it says "connection has failed".  Has anyone had this issue and have a solution?

Probably best to contact Garmin and Sena separately to see if their recent firmware update broke something. Short of resetting your Sena and Garmin, did you power cycle your phone and disable/enable BlueTooth? I haven't upgrade to the 30K (still using 20S) but remember having a similar issue awhile back and had to power cycle the phone and BT to get it working again.

yes, I have power-cycled the Garmin and Sena, several times. I even took the battery out of the Garmin for a while.  I have a Bose Soundlink speaker that will not connect to the Garmin, even those it recognizes it.  I recently bought an AY bluetooth speaker that linked to the Garmin on first try. My IPhone 8+ links right up too.
I contacted both Bose and Garmin about the problem, and Bose traded me a new Soundlink for free and it still would not pair.  I am going to try to get answers from Garmin and Sena next.

I feel your pain.  Sometimes these things have a mind of their own, and it''s frustrating!

I have often noitced that the ORDER in which you pair certain devices to the phone / garmin / sena will effect the connectivity.

IE:  Pairing the Phone to the Garmin FIRST, and then pairing Sena to Garmin, usually illicits a successful connection.

Oh - Iphone 7plus here, and Garmin 590LM.

good luck.

gr