• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Gas cap

73dartsport

Tricycle
Hey all, figure I'd throw this out there...
Been having trouble opening my gas cap on my  '08, the key would only turn a little ways and I would have to put a fair amount of down pressure on the cap to get the key to turn all the way.
Today on my way home from work the key would not turn enough to open the cap, thankfully I had just enough to get home! I got home and soaked the key hole with some spray lube and let it sit, then after alot of cussing and working the key I got the cap open! Took the 2 screws out that hold the cap together and found the 2 latches that lock the cap down were kind of corroded. Cleaned them up on my wire wheel, applied a small amount of spray grease and...
works like I bought it new in may 08 thankfully ,my warrenty is up in 3 days!

If you ever have any more problems with it and need to take it apart again, I have some photos here that might help serve as a reference for how it goes together.

http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/gascapmod