• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Gerbing wiring route?

L

Locksmith

Picked up my shiny new C14 yesterday and promptly went for a 650km jaunt to test her out. Also to rack up some break-in distance. It got a little chilly on the way home at 10:30 at night, so today I'm doing some farkling (trunk, throttlemeister). Can anyone recommend a good wiring route for my Gerbing cable? I also use it to plug in my battery tender so it has to go right to the battery. That huge, odd shaped fuel tank, and the strange placement of the battery have me looking for suggestions. Anyone? Bueller? Anyone? 06 Concours Vancouver, BC

I used the poor excuse for a glove box for an aux power distribution "power plate" all the farkles up front go to there it has a separate port which is hot when the bike is off i use for the charger. I mounted one port for Mama on the side panel with the seat lock and mine on the left black panel.I routed a lot of the power for the plate and com cables thru the right side right by the battery and up into the seat.But any aux fuse block up front will save a lot of hassle. http://forum.concours.org/index.php?topic=47477.0 bob

I ran mine up under the gas tank. What I did is remove the tank to install an auxiliary fuse block under the seat. So while I had the tank out. I ran the Gerbings cable (using an extension cable) from the battery, up under the gas tank. I then brought it up the handle bar. It just sits under my left side control housing. Right next to my McCruise controller. It works great. I use my tank bag when it's cold. I clip my Gerbings duel controller on the tank bag. It plugs right into the jack on the handle bar. If I get off the bike and walk away. I just unplug the controller from the jack and hang the controller on my jacket pocket. Also, when the tank was out. I ran the battery tender cable out the back of the battery box also. It comes out on the right side near the right peg/ swing arm area. Bionic Bob COG & AMA member First C14 CDA member #0220 2008 C14 & 2003 Mean Streak
2003375907710792664_th.jpg