• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Get Well Soon Robert..

connie_rider

Not sure how many know this?
On the last day of the National, one of our COG Buddies (Robert B) fell down and went Boom.. 😫
Clarification; He fell down and REALLY went "BOOM" !!
He broke his ankle/ribs/compressed some vertebrae, and has a knot on his noggin'.
The bike was totaled.

After a visit to ER he returned to the Rally Motel that evening and rode home the next day (in a truck) with Bob.
He's now home and healing.
Clarification: Robert is now home/healing. (Bob is prolly home and drinking heavily after riding that far with Robert)

Thought this was a good time to send Robert a "Get Well Soon note".
Robert,,, we're thinking about you.

Keep smilin' Buddy.. 🤗

Ride safe/heal fast, Ted

Last edited:
Not sure how many know this?
On the last day of the National, one of our COG Buddies (Robert B) fell down and went Boom.. 😫
Clarification; He fell down and REALLY went "BOOM" !!
He broke his ankle/ribs/compressed some vertebrae, and has a knot on his noggin'.
The bike was totaled.

After a visit to ER he returned to the Rally Motel that evening and rode home the next day (in a truck) with Bob.
He's now home and healing.
Clarification: Robert is now home/healing. (Bob is prolly home and drinking heavily after riding that far with Robert)

Thought this was a good time to send Robert a "Get Well Soon note".
Robert,,, we're thinking about you.

Keep smilin' Buddy.. 🤗

Ride safe/heal fast, Ted
Get well Robert B, sorry to hear of the BOOM. Hope you’re back on the horse soon!

Wayne, Carol & Blue

I'm glad you gave us an update on his condition. I rolled up as he sat in the ditch, 1 other friend of his was already there. My phone had momentary service so called 911. 5 more friends showed up so I left. I really wondered how he was doing. The rear wheel assembly was missing from the bike and otherwise completely totaled. It was a large deep ditch with 1 and 2 foot size rocks placed for heavy water run off.

Get well soon

Last edited:
Get better over the next year so you can NOT crash in the PNW...."We do have illegal gravel."