• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Going to dealership today

rIDESLOW2004

Training Wheels
My son wants to buy a Ninja, and called me to ask if I knew Costco has a partnership with Kawasaki. I hadn't really paid attention, but checked it out, and sure enough, they do. Dealer wants us to come in before he quotes a price, which is reasonable.  (I did really well on a Dodge CTD with the Costco program)

We are going this afternoon, out to Waldron Kawi in Issaquah.  This might get interesting.

I don't blame the dealer for setting a slightly higher price, small shop, and not a huge selection.  When I get serious, will go out and get some seat time.  Then I will know, and do the research on the best price.

When I was thinking about going from the Road King to the Ultra, I rented one for 3 days.  Put about 500 miles on it, riding around SE TX.  When I actually made the purchase, it was from Columbia Harley in Vancouver, WA; even though I live just south of Seattle. 

As a side note, my son is going to purchase a ZX-14, he said the C just didn't fit him right.  He is 6'7", 240 lb. 

I know prices vary state by state depending on taxes and tag fees and there are some good deals out there.  When I bought my 09 I called 4 dealers here in So Calif and the lowest price I got was $11,4000 out the door. All 4 dealers said they would match that price, 1 dropped another $200.00 and gave me a 3 day 2 night trip to Laughlin, NV. I did all this by phone,

gPink said:
Wow, and the zx will?

He is very pleased with the way the wind supports his body, and the reach for him is very comfortable.  Something about the C, even with risers, just didn't feel right.

Oh yeah, he bought the bike.

CIMG0039.jpg

He said only 200 miles today, south thru Orting and Eatonville to HWY 12, east across White Pass, then turn around and back, because early day tomorrow.  I am jealous.

Thanks for posting the picture, I had forgotten what mine looked like when it was box stock and new.

Not to be a pita, ok I will, but I hope he purchased a 2009 (you can get showroom new 2009 ZX14s if you look halfway hard, and 2010s are at DEEP discounts.)

I say this because beginning with my 2008, absolutely NOTHING has changed through 2011 model of the ZX14 but paint. Truth. Fact.

Privateer said:
Thanks for posting the picture, I had forgotten what mine looked like when it was box stock and new.

Not to be a pita, ok I will, but I hope he purchased a 2009 (you can get showroom new 2009 ZX14s if you look halfway hard, and 2010s are at DEEP discounts.)

I say this because beginning with my 2008, absolutely NOTHING has changed through 2011 model of the ZX14 but paint. Truth. Fact.

He did the shopping.  I don't know exactly what he looked at, but I did meet him at more than one dealer.  He found this black one, they gave him a helmet and $1000 cash back, it was the one he wanted.  I have told him about yours, don't know if he will go that way.

RideSlow2004 said:
He said only 200 miles today, south thru Orting and Eatonville to HWY 12, east across White Pass, then turn around and back, because early day tomorrow.  I am jealous.

And I was wrong on the miles, because he was late on the updates.

321 since he picked up the bike yesterday evening, 275 total todays ride.

RideSlow2004 said:
Privateer said:

He did the shopping.  I don't know exactly what he looked at, but I did meet him at more than one dealer.  He found this black one, they gave him a helmet and $1000 cash back, it was the one he wanted.  I have told him about yours, don't know if he will go that way.

I was just hoping he didn't pay retail minus $1,000 incentive, because a 2009 (new in crate) or 2010 (new in crate) can be had below retail with $1,250 or so incentive. Someone posted about GPP coverage here, and that dealer has great deals on 2010 ZX14s.

Important thing is he got what he wanted. :)

Privateer said:
RideSlow2004 said:
Privateer said:

I was just hoping he didn't pay retail minus $1,000 incentive, because a 2009 (new in crate) or 2010 (new in crate) can be had below retail with $1,250 or so incentive. Someone posted about GPP coverage here, and that dealer has great deals on 2010 ZX14s.

Important thing is he got what he wanted. :)

Truth. One happy rider.  I expect he will need his first service by Saturday.  And, I did check the local NOS lists, after your suggestion.  No ZX's local.