• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Good news on the Covid treatment front

cuda

I sure hope after this mess all countries work much closer to stop this type of thing from getting out of hand In the first place,

China really screwed up by trying to hide what they knew early on If they would have stopped It back in November shut down that area...

not the WORLD

tlr-boise

Wow! That's amazing. o_O

So what you're saying is that medical examiners and coroners from all over the country, heck, all over the world, are falsifying death certificates as to the real causes of these deaths? To what end, exactly? You do know, that in most states, falsifying a death cert is considered a felony? Why would these professionals risk their jobs and their freedom to artificially boost the numbers?

So tell me, how many of the ~500k deaths attributed to covid in this country would you estimate were really caused by the virus?
Here's an article I saw back a few months ago that touches on the questions you raised:

Here's one of my favorite videos. It's the Illinois Director of Public Health explaining how they counted Wuhan Virus deaths in Illinois:

To translate the IDPH, she means that if you get hit by a bus, and you tested positive, Illinois lists you as a Covid death.

Tour1

I have been getting flu shots because I have relatives that I don't want to infect or to have possibly infected.
To me it's like not operating a vehicle while almost impaired.
When I was young and carefree (perhaps careless) I pushed the limits of self-medication and didn't get shots for decades.

About the hospital ship that came to NY city last spring, they said it was to be used as a non-covid environment for normal patients requiring hospitalization when the regular hospitals were overwhelmed with covid (which they were, I recall the news showing long lines to get in and reefer trucks were used as morgues).
Anyway a busload of covid patients was sent to the hospital ship which was then covid positive and there was no point in keeping the covids out or taking the trouble to bring non-covids in. The hospital beds set up in the Javits Center and Central Park Lawn etc. had enough capacity that the ship wasn't needed. Just so you get an idea of how big the Javits Center is, the Progressive Motorcycle Show is normally held in the basement, some years there was the NY Boat Show upstairs with as many big yachts on display as motorcycles downstairs, I'm sure. That's a lot of room for stretchers & ventilators and there were patients there.

You can post that "A year ago, we built dozens of field hospitals, recommissioned hospital ships, and never used them" and it sounds good, comes across just like a fact, but then somebody has to take time out of their life to refute the erzatz fact and if you think about it, that time spent to call out an untrue statement is just another thing that good people don't have to do, like taking precautions for other peoples health. Calling out a false statement doesn't help me, I know the truth already. So it's not great to stay home all the time and it's also not great to fix everybody who's wrong on the internet. But sometimes I try.

Strawboss

My neighbor is from Brazil and still has family there and was there over Christmas. He told me that, as always, co-vid is the VERY least of Brazil's problems. All 3 area hospitals that I go to all had temporary refridgeration trucks standing by, they all plans for field hospitals in place and all the equipment was ready to go, we all had county guidelines for transports of more than usual patients to these field hospitals and hospital ER's. Every patient that tested positive, the hospital got over $10,000, for every admission due to co-vid they got another $10,000 or more. With all the attention being given to co-vid, all the other diseases are not getting any, so people with these other problems are not seeing docs, not going to the hospital, not getting treatment, not taking their meds. These are observations I've had over the last year by my wife and I at the local hospitals. I think that falsifying death certs is maybe a wrong term, misreporting is better, if you test positive for co-vid and die within a certain amount of time, no matter the actual cause of death, it will be attributed to co-vid, we have had a few fatal car crashes where the victims are reported as co-vid deaths, this is just a few instances but it is a nation wide occurance and reported and admitted to as such last summer. I have a sneaking suspicion that positive cases will take a nosedive soon and we will gradually open up things. Similar to after the FLU epidemic of 1918, we have a whole country that is poised to get out and spend and have a good time again, much like the roaring 20's.

Last edited:

Daboo

Staff member
I've heard much the same sort of thing that Tour1 and Strawboss are saying. In one article I read, a motorcyclist in an accident died of COVID. But the state trooper who was there at the scene said the young man was dead at the scene of the accident. But...he tested positive for COVID, so it was a COVID fatality. In another case, a woman fell from a ladder. She broke her neck...but tested positive for COVID, so the cause of death was listed as COVID.

You have to go to the more conservative news sites to read these things. It isn't that they are making them up. The facts are there, not just "I heard this", but actual quotes of people like the trooper. The MSM doesn't want that info published, so doesn't.

Chris

Strawboss

If I remember correctly, the Guv of Illinois first admitted to reporting co-vid deaths this way back last summer I think. It had going on and there were rumors but they were the first to admit that the state was doing it this way. As we all know though with stats, you can move them around and tweak them and make them say whatever you want, and in this instance, concerning co-vid, at least to me, that money seems to be a driving force behind the way co-vid deaths are reported.

zarticus

I know someone who died of a heart attack, Was found to be Covid positive after death and had no symptoms when alive so he never knew he had covid. His wife was very upset that his cause of death was written up as due to Covid, When she tried to have the cause of death changed she got nowhere and was told it could not be changed. This was notfrom a conservative news site, These are people I know.

santacruzrider

My prediction is that when the dust settles and you extract all the deaths attributed to COVID, the past year will still be far more deadly than recent years and it will be because the COVID deaths are being broadly under-reported. Doesn't mean there aren't exceptions the other way, it just means that the current 500K number is low. That's my prediction, let's see how well it ages.

cuda

My wife who is a CCRN has always told me I was lucky that I was breast fed, my twin sisters were CCRNs and brother rarely get sick when flu season hits, my employees always seam to pass around the latest bug one after another but I don't get affected, I never really believed It was that Important but after bringing it up in conversation with them I'm becoming a believer. Old Mother Nature knows what's best.

Last edited:

cuda

Last March I had a runny nose lost my sense of smell but no chest problems no fever, two of my Dr.'s tell me I had C19, I didn't feel sick?

My wife has been on Chloroquine for years so who knows?

ONOBob

Your wife absolutely correct about breast feeding. Mother Nature absolutely knows best.
I have major autoimmune issues. Everything I read on the subject supports this.
Glad you didn't have the bad C19 symptoms. I had low fever, body aches for a couple days, and threw up once... then just tired for about week.

cuda

Her Immune system Issue.

Since Xmas day she has been on IV antibiotic 2 hours per day every day for a MRSA infection, she said tomorrow is her last one and they will do test to see where she is at, they will leave the PICC line in her arm till they know If they will have to resume treatment.

Last edited:

Tim R

Staff member
Also sorry to hear about your wife, Cuda. Thoughts and prayers headed her way.

greenie

Hank Aaron & possibly Marvin Hagler died within days of receiving Covid-19 vaccinations. Whether justified or not some of us are suspicious about the way in which the media and one political party have presented Covid-19 in a unified manner. Some news about Covid-19 has been suppressed while other news has been lockstep presentations - suppressing dissent or inconvenient information. News of rebranding existing medications was met with instantaneous rejection - while news of test inaccuracies that overstated health risks was suppressed and folks like me asking why were either silenced or attacked.
I'm no anti-vaxer or conspiracy nut but the media has failed to present Covid-19 in a lucid, factual and impartial manner. Questions that should be asked are not being asked and news that doesn't fit the existing narrative is forbidden. Ham-fisted censorship by tech monopolies like Facebook and Twitter adds to evidence that we are not hearing all there is to hear.
Trusting government to make health decisions for me requires accountability and trust. Thus far the relationship between one political party and the media has inspired skepticism rather than trust.
On edit.. Just for S's & G's I asked Google how many Americans have died after getting Covid vaccinations. Predictability all returned answers had no number, no facts, just vapid assurances and endorsements. I've heard the number is 16,000 but there's no way to verify that number in today's "information age".

Last edited:

Cra-z1000

Not sure just when folks lost the ability to discern facts from fiction but it's getting really old . Most of the time it's pretty simple to figure out what's true . Always consider the source . If that source is Facebook , Twitter , or Am radio its mostly false .

greenie

The point I was attempting to make was that the truth is not easily found in print or the television. When I see poor souls walking or driving alone wearing a mask, or the 2,000 mile Appalachian Trail suggested to be closed to hikers that's proof that there's a lot of misinformation being accepted as truth. Gallup polls frequently find that 60% of Americans distrust the media.
Do you ever wonder why all networks and all print media are reporting exactly the same information word for word?
You may think it's simple - it's not simple at all. Do a little due diligence - check on facts, investigate for yourself. It's never been easier than it is now.

Last edited:

Daboo

Staff member
This is an interesting video to watch.

Chris

Strawboss

A lot of people are afraid and not sure what to do, their only source of info is mainstream media. Many just wear their masks all the time to just prevent them from forgetting to wear it when they leave their car. Many do not understand basic ways of disease spread so they wear a mask outside, or, they just don't want to worry about being close to people outside and not having it on. Many do not understand the way this virus is spread. Many do not understand how masks work and more importantly, HOW THEY DON'T WORK. For many in Gov't, it's simply much easier to legislate to the lowest common denominator and just require everyone to wear a mask all the time, because the way we are using masks now, was never ever the original intent of the way they should be used. Many don't understand that even after a vaccine you still have to wear a mask. We still don't know everything about this virus and the vaccine and how it affects people, it's going to take a long time, and it's going to take a long time for much of all the info that's being generated to be disseminated and proven correct or incorrect if ever.

ONOBob

Well now that's interesting. And a blessing for people who are "long haul" affected.

NOW.....
I have been dealing with extreme tinnitus / hearing loss for 15 years. It flares up and down. each flare up cause more hearing loss

After I had covid19 last November, my tinnitus loss got a lot BETTER, virtuallly gone...... for the first time in a decade -----
It was a minor miracle. I loved it while it lasted. BUT it only lasted a couple weeks... then I was right back in tinnitus hell.

I asked my primary physician about this, he said well covid19 effects the nerves in the head ( thus the loss of smell and taste)
so it probably did to do something to affect the tinitus, but no way to know how or why........

I had not planned to take the vaccine, I've had covid19, I don't see much point in it. Just another variable for my immune system

Now, this article has me wondering, if I take the vaccine would it have a long term benefit to my tinnitus long term, or could it make it worse??

This is mind numbing.

Tour1

If I was going to go off the rails on conspiracy theories, I wouldn't stop at cover ups to avoid panic or excuses for gov't overreach. I would speculate that there was a terrorist plot involving different kinds and locations of biological attacks.
And FYI pest control folks know that when a fly lands on something it will generally puke on it then lick it up to get a taste. Then it does the same to the next thing it lands on. That applies to tiny flies too, and if wearing a mask keeps me from inhaling one I believe it is doing something, at least. I only wish the mask could could fix the stink in a typical high-traffic public restroom.

WFL

If I was going to go off the rails on conspiracy theories, I wouldn't stop at cover ups to avoid panic or excuses for gov't overreach. I would speculate that there was a terrorist plot involving different kinds and locations of biological attacks.
And FYI pest control folks know that when a fly lands on something it will generally puke on it then lick it up to get a taste. Then it does the same to the next thing it lands on. That applies to tiny flies too, and if wearing a mask keeps me from inhaling one I believe it is doing something, at least. I only wish the mask could could fix the stink in a typical high-traffic public restroom.
OH CRAP, that bit about the flies sure has taken the FUN out of picnics. Next time I'm on one I'll have to spend the whole time swatting the damn flies off the food. THANKS A LOT!!:eek::eek:

tlr-boise

Misc comments, after having returned from four flights on United Airlines and a visit to Ohio:

Finally the signs are gone in the men's rooms! In Denver airport, the men's room signs said "To prevent the spread of the Covid virus, we have removed the air drying machines. Please use paper towels." In the Columbus airport, the men's room signs said, "To prevent the spread of the Covid virus, we have removed the paper towels. Please use the air drying machines." Two months ago, I got a laugh out of that, but finally, somebody somewhere at those airports fixed it. Could it possibly be that somebody asked, "Is there any science behind this?" Are there ANY government officials who know what the hell "the science" is telling us?

Apparently, the rest of the world knows kids don't get the virus and don't spread it--much. TV news said in the U.S. 99 children under the age of . . . 12(?) have died form the virus. Terrible tragedy whenever a small child dies, but "that's a fraction of the number of children who die of the flu every year." I don't know if that's true. But European schools have been back in school and those folks don't believe kids spread the virus or get it much. Yet, airlines (following the CDC) says kids two or older must wear a mask. Makes no sense to me. TWO or older?

The president says if we all behave, MAYBE we can have small family gatherings by the 4th of July. A Facebook meme says, If you look to government officials to tell you when and how you'll be able to celebrate Independence Day, you don't get the idea behind Independence Day.

Watching CNN's Chris Cuomo this trip, which I ordinarily never do, I can understand why many, if not most, Americans are completely spun up and terrified of this virus, and perfectly willing to do anything the government says to do. One night, the doctor he interviewed, was, in my opinion, either completely wacko or else he was angling for a highly paid position within the Biden administration. Painful to watch. Especially since Chris Cuomo's "quarantining" himself in this basement this past year was completely fraudulent. While supposedly quarantining in his basement, he was caught by a bicycler over at house being built, outside, with his family or others, looking at the house under construction. Chris wasn't happy about being caught. The video is funny. Chris Cuomo's "news" about the virus isn't.

A local doc, Dr. Ryan Cole, runs Cole Diagnostics here in Boise. It's a lab that does virus testing and antibody testing. Normally, they do various kinds of blood tests, on patients sent to them by local docs. He knows MANY local docs. A couple weeks ago, he testified before some local politicians, I think at our state house. He spoke for 30 minutes, about the virus, vaccines, vitamins, early treatments, and how to boost your immune systems.

The 30 minute video is here:
As you can see, YouTube fascists removed it.

He actually spoke at the start of a one hour video, (politicians spoke after him, for the rest of the video.) and THAT video was also removed by Facebook but then put back up a few days later. That video is here:

<- IF it's still up.

Anyway, he makes a bunch of points about how our three-letter government health organizations have blown this virus thing.

One thing that gets me, is the CDC and FDA tell doctors there is no early treatment for the virus. Yet, the President got early treatment. Hydroxychloroquine, and monoclonal antibodies, and another drug I don't remember the name of. Melania and Baron also.

We, on the other hand, are told, if we test positive, to go home, sit tight, quarantine yourself, and if you get worse, drag yourself to a hospital. And hope you get there before you die.

The other thing that gets me, is why doesn't the CDC and FDA survey docs to find out what they are actually doing, with actual patients? Not just for the virus, but for other diseases. Seems like that would be important information. Doctors are, of course, prescribing drugs off label all the time--because they work. It seems to me, the FDA and CDC dismiss the experiences of actual doctors actually treating patients as "anecdotal" and not legit.

That's the rant.

greenie

"I think in the end, it comes down to what you believe, whatever it is, have at it, I'm ok with that." If only it was that simple. It isn't.

Last edited:

Strawboss

We need to remember these wise words about our fellows Americans, we do things not because they are easy but because they are hard.

greenie

Realistically the hard path is getting back to normal life. It is far easier to continue as the germaphobes many of us have become. We have a real life example called Florida. Florida has for the most part remained open. Mask mandates are local not statewide. Schools have remained in session. Florida has had an estimated 32,597 Covid related deaths. New York with a younger and slightly smaller population than Florida has had 48,773 Covid related deaths despite draconian government restrictions. Did New York's severe restrictions with 30+% more Covid deaths make a difference?
The restrictions have taken a toll in increased opioid deaths, alcoholism, teen suicides, and reduced cancer screenings - as high as 89% fewer cancer screenings by some reports. Financial ruination of many business owners - bars and restaurants contributed less than 4% of overall Covid infections yet many states have either limited or completely closed bars and restaurants. Tenants in many states were permitted to not pay rent for months - although the tenants are expected to repay past due rent who can come up with $5,000 - $10,000 cash? Landlords were required to pay property taxes, mortgages, and other business expenses the entire time. If you have ever tried residential rentals you know that you can get a judgement in court but the tenant most likely will never pay.
I'm not minimizing Covid but the forced responses have made little if any appreciable difference if the New York : Florida data is considered. Many people have had their life cut short. The damage done however is massive. Folks have missed early cancer detection. School and college students have lost over a year. Social interaction has given way to isolation, fear and hopelessness. And for what good? New York's austere lock down didn't save lives when Florida is considered.
"we do things not because they are easy but because they are hard" - it's many times harder to think objectively, question Covid measures and their effectiveness than it is to stay home, hide, and wear a mask. Many of us have become like the elderly Howard Hughes - without the money but with the paralyzing fear of infection.

cuda

That's a crock still have to wear mask where I live Naples Fl. or my brother 150 miles north, just because the state does not mandate masks most county's do need to shut Fox off they twist story after story, it's a true sickness, try NPR.

Last edited:

turbojoe78

That's a crock still have to wear mask where I live Naples Fl. or my brother 150 miles north, just because the state does not mandate masks most county's do need to shut Fox off they twist story after story, it's a true sickness, try NPR.
Cuda, I copied and pasted this from greenie's post ... "Florida has for the most part remained open. Mask mandates are local not statewide."

What part of this is a "crock"? Also, where in his post did he say he got his information from Fox?
And by the way ... my news is better than you're news! :LOL:

greenie

It doesn't get much more demonstrative than the results of different states battling Covid for a year. States that took strong measures to combat the spread have seen no victory over states that took less action. New York, New Jersey, and California all have had no discernible impact in a year of trial. That's science. Lab results, if you will, Florida vs. New York. A no mask and open state (Florida) with 30% fewer Covid deaths than a restrictive state (New York). Notice how folks that argue for another year or two of lock downs never attempt to discuss salient points I raise. If lock downs are so effective why aren't results obvious? Why make spurious claims about politicians or Fox News if one is so knowledgeable about the effectiveness of masks or lock downs?
I greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss Covid issues in this forum. Motorcycling is all about weighing risks and freedom. If I try to explain why I like to ride a motorcycle the freedom of riding always leads my list of reasons why I ride. Covid lock downs, especially if those efforts bear no fruit is the antitheses of freedom. It's been a year.
Weighing risks intelligently allows a motorcyclist to take up the sport and grow with the sport. We ride what other people call donorcycles. Cars turn left in front of us. Distracted drivers text, shave, make phone calls while we ride unprotected alongside. We measure risks against experiences. NPR doesn't need to tell me about motorcycle safety - I fingered it out intellectually (noun ....the faculty of reasoning and understanding objectively, especially with regard to abstract or academic matters.) My Mom and Dad warned me not to ride a motorcycle, yet I still did and 50 years later still do.
Discussions about Covid do belong in a motorcycle forum and I appreciate the forbearance of moderators in allowing this discussion to continue. I just re-upped for another year's membership. Thirty years in COG so far for me.

cuda

Very few places don't have a mask mandate not the other way around, everywhere I go everyone has a mask on,
It just pisses me off when someone calls us OPEN because no one is here...

Florida's business is service, the retirement and vacation capital of the world, this season less than 1/2 the traffic, many have not come down and those that are here are in hiding, The Canadians are non existent only commercial traffic over the boarder, the only thing that is booming is house construction, boating and the golf courses and they have to use one cart per person, believe me I was pissed off as It gets last year this time when they shut down the beaches and boat ramps, we went to what we call peak season to get off the beach or go to jail NUTS

AS far a news take any event then look at the different head lines and the way the event is portrayed It's unbelievable your talking about the same event, just the news don't make it FIT a certain agenda with all It's emotion.

Last edited:

cuda

You can not compare the densely populated NYC area to Florida, where everyone is on elevators indoors everyone in NYC takes cabs.

It's like our oil industry shut down many off shore wells and our booming Shale industry complete shut down and more than 40 bankruptcies have

hit! I read could take two years to ramp back up, so who's fault Is It?

Their are so many variables involved which make It's easy to twist reporting to fit a agenda

Last edited:

tlr-boise

As anyone who watched Dr. Cole's video saw, the difference in virus deaths between North Dakota, where they had mask mandates, and South Dakota, where they didn't, was ZIP.

Yes, we CAN compare Florida to New York, to measure the effectiveness of mask mandates and other mandates. But, yes, we always have to look at the reality behind the statistics. For example, New York had an incompetent dictator of a Governor, and Florida didn't. New York City had an incompetent Marxist dictator as a Mayor--who explicitly told people to keep celebrating St. Patrick's day last March, and Florida, well, I'm sure there are incompetent mayors of some Florida cities too. Clueless politicians DO seem to be most everywhere. We certainly have some in Idaho.

Fact is, masks don't work, as Lord Fauci once told us, explicitly.

And, in most places, a person who tests positive has NO options for early treatment. Unless one has a courageous doctor, one has to quarantine, do nothing, and, if you get worse, try to get yourself to a hospital before you die. To my mind THAT is the true scandal about this virus, and the FDA/NIH/CDC bureaucrats masquerading as doctors have blood on their hands.

cuda

Fauci was told by the CDC to repeat the mask ineffectiveness It was not his decision he was doing as told...

In the beginning the cry was not enough PPE to go around for heath care workers and first responders That was the reason so It's said,

“One of the [pieces of] information that we have pretty much confirmed now is that a significant number of individuals that are infected actually remain asymptomatic. That may be as many as 25%,” Redfield told NPR. “That's important, because now you have individuals that may not have any symptoms that can contribute to transmission, and we have learned that in fact they do contribute to transmission.”

The data Redfield mentions includes data out of China, where a top health official was explicit about the need for facemasks to prevent the spread of COVID-19. George Gao, director-general of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, told Science magazine “The big mistake in the US and Europe, in my opinion, is that people aren’t wearing masks.”

In particular, Gao said, wearing masks helps reduce the risk presented by people who may be infected but aren’t yet showing symptoms.

Last edited:

tlr-boise

My list of "the FDA/NIH/CDC bureaucrats masquerading as doctors"--who haven't actually treated a patient in forty years--most DEFINITELY includes Dr. Refield.

Now that he's out as CDC director, I'm absolutely sure he--and many, many others in or near his position--can look forward to a very lucrative second career "consulting" with, and serving on the boards of, any of the big pharma companies they did so much to financially enhance during their "service" as Federal employees.

No surprise that Redfield thinks data coming out of Communist China have validity.

tlr-boise

Being somewhat of a data nerd, I went to some CDC site that shows death rate per 100,000 by state. States that didn't lockdown or have mask mandates, e.g., South Dakota, did better than some who did, but worse than others. Florida evidently did most things right. It's WAY down there. The South Dakota data, btw, are not exactly accurate. SD counts deaths FROM the virus and deaths WITH the virus, and the data below is the combined number. If the SD number was deaths FROM the virus, it would put South Dakota down a few notches, below North Dakota.

The data are suspect due to the fact that different states have different criteria for determining cause of death. In illinois, if you get killed by a bus and die and test positive, you're listed as a Covid death. And, there was the original story of greater financial incentives for reimbursement of Medicare/Medicaid Covid patients vs non-Covid patients. Hospitals supposedly were reimbursed at substantially greater rates if they treated a Covid patient, but I haven't seen any reliable information about that.

Analyzing the realities behind these data would be fascinating, I would think, (Maryland is same as Montana?) but this means, of course, obviously that the 500k number, for deaths nationwide, is most definitely wrong, and maybe VERY wrong.

And, has anybody looked at Canada's numbers? Last I looked, they were WAY low, cases and deaths, compared to the U.S. Anybody seen anything about why that would be?

Screen Shot 2021-03-21 at 3.10.47 PM.png

Tour1

It's a wonderful chart but would it look the same if the rankings were by latittude?
I'm thinking it would be pretty close with some exceptions.
Would it also look the same if the ranking were by population density?
Again pretty close with some exceptions although the city and suburban numbers would be more accurate.

zarticus

Florida just lowered the age to 50 or older Monday to get the Vaccine. I've got my appointment for tomorrow morning to get my 1st shot of the Pfizer vaccine. I'm normally one not to get vaccines "I've NEVER had a flu shot" but I suffered threw Covid early last month and it's NO joke. My wife works at the Hospital and had gotten her 1st Covid Vaccine shot 2 weeks before I tested positive. When I tested positive she got tested the next day because of my positive result & she tested positive. She had a 2nd test to be sure & that was positive. I was very sick for almost 5 weeks & still am not 100%. My wife did not even have a sniffle, She never had ANY symptoms & just quarantined 2 weeks & took care of me. I absoulutly believe Her having the Vaccine kept her from getting sick.

tlr-boise

It's a wonderful chart but would it look the same if the rankings were by latittude?
I'm thinking it would be pretty close with some exceptions.
Would it also look the same if the ranking were by population density?
Again pretty close with some exceptions although the city and suburban numbers would be more accurate.
Latitude correlation would be an interesting analysis. I think I read that somebody did something like that for Europe, comparing Sweden/Norway to Greece, Italy, etc.

But on that chart, I have no idea why Montana and Maryland would be about the same, and there are other states that are a puzzle, seems to me. All I know is cause of death, determined by individual doctors, is often a crapshoot in normal times, (especially for the elderly); and with the virus, states have dictated how cause of death will be determined, for their own political reasons.

The thing about population density is, how do you do that by state, so that it's useful? Pop density is an average. What is the population density of New York State? There's NYC which has a density sky high, and then rural New York which might be close to . . . West Virginia? Idaho's population density is an average that is meaningless, since it varies so greatly, from county to county.

tlr-boise

Here IS some good news, for those of us on Medicare:

Got an email today from Medicare.gov. It says there is an EARLY treatment authorized by the FDA that is approved and paid for by Medicare.

Finally, ordinary people can get ONE of the early treatments President Trump got as soon as he tested positive. This is only over a YEAR OVERDUE, but, hey that's the FDA. They are bureaucrats, after all, more than they are doctors.

Here's some of what it stated:

Each day, more and more Americans are getting vaccinated across the country and gaining protection from getting sick from COVID-19. However, if you're not vaccinated yet and test positive for COVID-19 with mild to moderate symptoms, there's a treatment option that may help: monoclonal antibody treatments.
For higher risk patients, like those 65 or older, or with certain health conditions, these treatments can fight the disease and avoid hospitalization.​

Learn More

If you're experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, get tested as soon as possible — monoclonal antibodies must be given within 10 days of the onset of symptoms.
Monoclonal antibodies provide temporary antibodies to help fight COVID-19. The FDA approved this treatment for emergency use, and it's the only approved outpatient treatment currently available. Monoclonal antibody treatment may reduce your likelihood of being hospitalized and keep you from getting more severe symptoms. Learn more about monoclonal antibody treatments, and talk to your doctor or healthcare provider to see if this treatment option is right for you.
Remember: Medicare covers tests to diagnose COVID-19, monoclonal antibody treatments, and COVID-19 vaccines — so there's no cost to you.
Sincerely,
The Medicare Team

Daboo

Staff member
Tricare sent me an email as well.
After you're fully vaccinated:

The CDC has issued new information about the kinds of activities you can do after you are fully vaccinated.

• You can gather indoors with fully vaccinated people without wearing a mask, even if they are from another household
  • You can gather indoors with other unvaccinated people from one other household without masks, as long as they are not at increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
  • If you’ve been exposed to someone with COVID-19, you do not need to stay away from others or get tested unless you have symptoms.
I've been meeting with other people indoors without a mask for months now. So the first and second bullets gave me a chuckle. The Seniors Life Group at church said nuts to face diapers a month ago. Nobody has gotten sick yet.

The third bullet made me read it a few times. So if I read it correctly, it says that if I've been exposed to a COVID carrier, I don't need to stay away from others unless I actually got sick... Are they saying this virus is not as communicable as we've been told now for a year?

Amazing. Simply amazing.

Chris