• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Good news on the Covid treatment front

ONOBob

I have been getting flu shots because I have relatives that I don't want to infect or to have possibly infected.
To me it's like not operating a vehicle while almost impaired.
When I was young and carefree (perhaps careless) I pushed the limits of self-medication and didn't get shots for decades.

About the hospital ship that came to NY city last spring, they said it was to be used as a non-covid environment for normal patients requiring hospitalization when the regular hospitals were overwhelmed with covid (which they were, I recall the news showing long lines to get in and reefer trucks were used as morgues).
Anyway a busload of covid patients was sent to the hospital ship which was then covid positive and there was no point in keeping the covids out or taking the trouble to bring non-covids in. The hospital beds set up in the Javits Center and Central Park Lawn etc. had enough capacity that the ship wasn't needed. Just so you get an idea of how big the Javits Center is, the Progressive Motorcycle Show is normally held in the basement, some years there was the NY Boat Show upstairs with as many big yachts on display as motorcycles downstairs, I'm sure. That's a lot of room for stretchers & ventilators and there were patients there.

You can post that "A year ago, we built dozens of field hospitals, recommissioned hospital ships, and never used them" and it sounds good, comes across just like a fact, but then somebody has to take time out of their life to refute the erzatz fact and if you think about it, that time spent to call out an untrue statement is just another thing that good people don't have to do, like taking precautions for other peoples health. Calling out a false statement doesn't help me, I know the truth already. So it's not great to stay home all the time and it's also not great to fix everybody who's wrong on the internet. But sometimes I try.

I'm sorry. You're right, I was wrong. I should have said "we built field hospitals and didn't use the MAJORITY of them"
Thank you. For the information on the capacity of the Javits Center. That explains why the ship, nor the Grahm Ministry hospitals were needed.
The media insinuated the Graham facility was "unwanted" due to its christian affiliation. That would have been, well, silly.
Truth: Whilst we tend to think of truth as unisversal. In this case it is not. It's location dependent.
What you said is true for your location. What I said is true for pretty much the rest of the country.

Thanks Again. For staying home , and fixing all the wrongs on the internet. :)

nickrides

IMHO
There's 2 doors available to get past this Covid -19 problem today.
1. Get vaccinated! I'm getting my 2nd shot today and I am very happy to get it.

2. Yesterday the Biden administration announced the FREE distribution of the Monoclonal Antibody Treatment Infusion.
This has been available since November, but was expensive, something like 5-8k per infusion. There are ten's of millions of "doses" sitting on shelves today. Unused. This is what Trump received, when he was much sicker than reported, and he recovered very quickly.
If you test positive, ASK for it.
This is very effective against Covid -19 when you test positive and will keep you out of the hospital.
Michigan is now, today, going into homes of the elderly, to do these infusions to people who can't easily travel to to facility to get this done. This infusion process takes about an hour and is easy to do.
The anti vaxers, just stun me after all we've been through, and the end could be near.
I'm really tired of this pandemic. Please get vaccinated, not for your self if you feel that way, but for your fellow Americans.
Once again, this is just one mans opinion. My wife is a ER nurse and they are over the redline on this. And we know what happens when you go past the redline.
Nick
2014 C-14

Last edited:

Stasch

I get my first shot tomorrow morning.

Any conspiracy theory ideas all melt away for me when I see the local medical community including several personal friends telling us to get a vaccination, any of them, which ever one becomes available first.

And I've even been wearing my foiled line hat.

Stasch

Tricare sent me an email as well.

I've been meeting with other people indoors without a mask for months now. So the first and second bullets gave me a chuckle. The Seniors Life Group at church said nuts to face diapers a month ago. Nobody has gotten sick yet.

The third bullet made me read it a few times. So if I read it correctly, it says that if I've been exposed to a COVID carrier, I don't need to stay away from others unless I actually got sick... Are they saying this virus is not as communicable as we've been told now for a year?

Amazing. Simply amazing.

Chris
Each case is different. A church in the county next door to ours had a congregation that acted as if there were no covid pandemic to be concerned with, continuing normal activity. Covid ripped through and cost some lives, including a husband and wife who were healthy middle aged (not old or decrepit) people.

cuda

Sounds like you love the way Brazil did it...

My wife just spent 2 days in the emergency room because no beds in a 715 bed hospital, Yeah Florida is doing great, they removed her right knee prosthesis to day hoping to stop the infection 3 months on IV antibiotics did not work, chit never ends.

Last edited:

Strawboss

Brazil has some of the most abject poverty in the world in some of the most crowded cities. They have done nothing to combat the virus as it is to them a lost cause to try to get that population to use measures to prevent it, and they have other diseases that are more dangerous than this. So, with that in mind is does not surprise me at these numbers if they are correct. Not a day goes by that we aren't assaulted with stories from other parts of the world where, take your pick, the numbers are off the board, the deaths are off the board, the survival rates are off the board, the wearing of, the not wearing of masks are off the board, it's a lot. I have stopped awhile ago looking at other countries and have focused on my own country.

Your wife has passed through my thinking the last few weeks since you have discussed her condition. Every time I saw a funny little dog, it made me laugh, then I thought of your pic on the forum which led me to think of your wife. I know I can't be alone.

cuda

I do have three dogs but that's not one of them, that's the same picture on my Facebook page that I never go to, just shows that I'm a prick ;)

Lots of poor people in the world that are NOT dying, no plan no shots, well like 2% of the population got the shots...

I've not been in Brazil in 45 years, I went to party back then...

nickrides

I spent 6 weeks in '89, Hang Gliding, at the pre World event In Brazil in Governor Valaderes.
The Poverty everywhere we went was truly stunning.
I would land in a farmers field with my 6K Hang Glider, Carbon Fiber helmet, radios, instruments, expensive sunglasses etc etc. I felt kinda bad seeing this guy plowing with a Ox drawn plow and looking like he and his family was living off of maybe 400/ yr. or less.
Way poorer and hopeless than say Mexico. Or any of the America's.
Nick
2014 C-14

Tim R

Staff member
I read an article last night that said they can only confirm at this time the covid vaccine's are only effective for 3 months. They are working to confirm covdid antibodies for a longer period of time. They are not positive the current vaccines will work with the mutations.

Strawboss

Best argument for yearly "boosters". They already know the effectiveness isn't what they thought and that the current vaccines are not effective on mutations, think flu vaccines and what all goes on with that, they plan for a particular strain and it only works on that.

Daboo

Staff member
Read this morning...

“We Have a Very Narrow Window to Tie Reopening Policy to Vaccination Status”- Doctor On CNN

The Conservative Treehouse shared the following:

When they show you who they are, believe them. In this soundbite Dr. Wen is apoplectic that people might realize there is no need for a vaccination because everything is open and there is no crisis. She frets that American people will enjoy their freedoms without vaccination. Just watch and listen to the priority in her soundbite.

And the last paragraph...

So if the vaccine is not necessary why are authorities pushing it so much? There is something very fishy about this entire COVID-19 event.

The rest of the article and the video of the interview are worth watching.

Chris

Tim R

Staff member
Chris.....it's because there are a couple of people who got the virus patented. So any thing related they get a piece of the pie. Could anyone imagen just how much this would be worth if they got a percent of each Covid anti virus shot given.....world wide? One of them is the very medical spokesman who thinks we need to double mask. Yes, something is very fishy. I think there is and has been a huge snow job for us.

Me? Even though Covid would probably kill me with my med history, I am going to wait and see. No one knows long term effects and I read a news article that said they can only prove the Covid shot is good for 3 months in adults at this time.

It's been awhile but I saw a chart on Covid deaths by age group. The percentage was very low across the board. Low enough that I thought to myself "those lying B..... They talk about numbers deaths but not the numbers of recovery's. I believe there is some information kept away from us. Other than the sky is falling, the sky is falling.

Since the time I was diagnosed with cancer, I have been tested for Covid 15 or 16 times. All negative. The reason for so many? For every Doc appointment there for awhile, and then for any procedure. This number includes testing for a procedure and then cancelled at the last minute. Which seemed to happen regularly for one reason or another. Now I am done with all that and have no signs of cancer today.

Tour1

When I got "pneumonia" in March, 2013, it came on very suddenly, like in one day, and I only put it in quotes because that was the diagnosis. Nobody took any blood or nasal swabs so there was no testing other than a seemingly endless series of chest xrays to see if my lungs were still clogged. I think I got an antibiotic because it would make sense, but I don't recall at this time. I was coughing so much that I spent a few hours each night in the computer chair with my feet up so I could cough up phlegm without having to jump out of bed in panic mode.
I think all that coughing up stuff helped me a lot, and being intubated would have locked the infected material into my lungs where I don't really know how it could clean itself out. But the point of the story is that the onset was sudden, very sudden. I wouldn't want to take a chance on any surgery if such an illness were imminent.

turbojoe78

Tour1, now imagine coughing all that stuff up into a mask, not being able to expel all the badness attacking you in your nose, mouth and lungs.

I'm glad you were not wearing a mask, and that you got better.

greenie

Wearing masks 24/7 as some people appear to do can't be healthy - exhaled breath partially inhaled repeatedly, even if in small amounts limits the body's ability to rid itself of more than CO2. I did a quick Google search and predictably all the returns assured that a face mask is perfectly safe. Combined with CPAP masks during sleep - as many at risk people probably use ... all perfectly safe.

Tour1

I did not go to work in that condition. In fact the lung doc had me get an xray, stay home a week, get another xray, stay home another week, and so on for too damn long after I felt ok. No "testing" and I was thinking if anybody wanted to cause lung cancer that might do it.
About that pdf file, it says the treatment was a water soluble gas, if I read it correctly, although I only read the summary. The gas sounded something like chlorine di-oxide, sorry I didn't write it down. I worked in a plastics industry that used methylene chloride as a solvent. I've seen guys washing their arms with it, althought it stung like iodine on a cut. Nowadays it is a known carcinogen etc etc and people wear hazmat gear to handle it. Looking back I think my IQ went way down in those years, like the Star Trek planet where miners were stupid because of the chit they were mining. The moral of the story is, things aren't so simple and what's better than nothing isn't necessarily better than what you have now.

Daboo

Staff member
I feel like when the good Lord has planned to take me, I'm gone. Nothing I can do will either hasten that appointment, or delay it.

There are so many things that make me leery of this. One is that the people urging me the most to get the virus...are the same ones who lied to me for over a year. Why would I trust them now?

Especially when I have a 99.7% chance of recovery from the real virus?!?! And if I get the vaccine, I still need to wear a face diaper? Ummm...something doesn't make sense.

Chris

ron203

Southeast Area Director

turbojoe78

cuda, you're link shows Texas as the lowest percent vaccinated on the list.

Lowest percent vaccinated, no masks, fully open, numbers still going down.

So, what's you're problem with Texas? Why shouldn't other states follow their example.

greenie

That's a common reaction these daze Cuda. Any news that puts Covid in a less ominous perspective gets attacked. You have reasons why New York saw many more deaths that Florida - there's always an Eeyore explanation.
It's the spirit of defeat, fear and pessimism that automatically attacks any sliver of hope that civilization will continue that concerns me the most. There are a lot of people that refuse to question or investigate the narrative. The narrative BTW has done a lot of damage;
* Failed businesses
* Delayed or non-existent cancer screenings
* School aged children socially damaged - educations in ruin, teen suicides
* Increased opioid and alcohol abuse

But none of this damage seems to be important enough for many folks to start questioning what we are told by one political party and the mainstream media that is indistinguishable from that one party. It's as if folks don't see how oppression can be misused - a blind faith that inexplicably trusts politicians over science.

Daboo

Staff member
‘It Can Be Confusing…I’m Not Really Quite Sure’ – Fauci on Texas Covid Cases Dropping Despite Ignoring His Advice on Masks, Social Distancing (VIDEO)

Dr. Fauci is just making it up as he goes.

Texas Governor Abbott opened up his state at full capacity and dropped the mask mandate in early March.

Joe Biden trashed Texas and said the governor was engaging in “Neanderthal thinking.”

Fauci also ripped Texas, “It just is inexplicable why you would want to pull back now,” Fauci said last month.

It has been more than one month since Texas has been fully opened and Covid cases are dropping.

Fauci was caught flat-footed when confronted about Texas cases dropping so he just said, “It can be confusing, because … often you have to wait a few weeks before you see the effect … I’m not really quite sure. It could be they’re doing things outdoors.”

Fauci admitted he has no idea what he’s talking about.

tlr-boise

We still don't know everything about this virus, why it kills some but not others, or the best way for a society to fight it, but we do know:

1. Determining cause of death is sometime a crap shoot, especially when figuring it out for an elderly person.

2. Some states DIRECTED that the case of death be listed as the virus, even when it wasn't (see the Illinois video).

Therefore the number of virus deaths, in each state, and in the U.S.--and in virtually every other country on the planet, is suspect.

3. Two similar states (South Dakota and North Dakota, had virtually identical deaths per hundred thousand. But North Dakota shut down, destroyed businesses, shut schools, etc., and South Dakota didn't.

Whatever Florida's governments did, right or wrong, New York State, New Jersey, Michigan, Pennsylvania, had MANY more deaths per hundred thousand than Florida did.

Florida's elderly population, in proportion, is far higher than those other states.

Given who runs Florida, and given our disgraceful news media, we will never know all the things that Florida's state, county, city governments did that turned out to be the right things to do.

greenie

The government's response to Covid has many similarities to how the Great Depression was handled. Economic depressions occurred with regularity prior to 1929 and there were some bad ones in the later 1800's. There had always been a natural recovery but from 1933 until America entered WWII FDR implemented programs and sweeping reforms in attempts to end the financial crisis. The Great Depression ended only when the United States entered WWII so it is unknown whether FDR's handling shortened or prolonged the Great Depression. The media supported FDR to the extent of even keeping his crippling Polio largely from public eyes. There are other parallels - prior to FDR's Presidency he was Governor of New York promoting programs to combat the economic crisis. The media would have loved to ring that bell again and probably would have succeeded had Andrew Cuomo behaved with a little more character rather than being a character. There are still many Americans that view Cuomo as favorably handling Covid and despise red state governors DeSantis, Greg Abbott, and Kristi Noem despite their comparative successes navigating Covid-19 and an openly hostile media.
To his credit FDR coined the phrase about fear while latter day kindred politicians and media have purposely stoked fear and panic with stunning effectiveness. Over a year after much of America curtailed commerce, travel, and rights to assemble the States that hunkered down are not seeing any appreciable difference over states that resisted restrictions. Sturgis Bike Week 2020 was going to be a super spreader event - it wasn't. Facts don't matter any longer - we have politicians doing what politicians do along with an activist mainstream media all peeing on our feet and telling us it is raining.
The thing about history is how remarkably repetitive it is. We can learn from it or ignore it.

Strawboss

Here in Ohio our Guv has opened up the vaccine to just about everyone over 16 y/o. In my county, Cuyahoga, they have started a new program to get the vaccine to elderly/infirm and others over 16 y/o that are unable to get out of the house. It's a sound idea on paper, but has consequences regarding local costs to the area fire departments concerning overtime to staff either to give the vaccine or to stand by for the required 15 minutes afterward in case of a reaction. We can't be doing this 10 times a day keeping ourselves out of service during that time as we ran over 4500 runs last year, do the math and divide that by 365 days. It will be ironed out somehow, but, as always, it's about money. Nobody ever asked us for input. So far, knock on wood, no reactions yet.

greenie

Looks like we got us a conundrum. The Today Show - gold standard for news says that states that have clamped down the most (like Maine) are seeing a Covid resurgence whilst Neanderthal states like Texas are not. what the hey?

Even Canada - as draconian as Canada's Covid response was is seeing a resurgence.

tlr-boise

Looks like we got us a conundrum. The Today Show - gold standard for news says that states that have clamped down the most (like Maine) are seeing a Covid resurgence whilst Neanderthal states like Texas are not. what the hey?

Even Canada - as draconian as Canada's Covid response was is seeing a resurgence.
The Today show? I think I detect some sarcasm about that gold standard. It's NBC, after all. But a broken clock is right twice a day and that bit of news is correct. Doctors I've listened to for the last six, eight months all said this virus is contagious and masks don't
work and the virus is going to do what viruses do until we get to herd immunity, and that will cause it to die out, after enough people either get vaccinated or get the virus--one way or another, they become immune to some extent. Only then will the virus die out. In the meantime, this virus is deadly for certain folks, while harmless to others, but still, the masks, etc., won't make a difference. Their opinion, of course.

Last edited:

greenie

I try to use mainstream media sources whenever possible because folks that want to think the worse about Covid will assail any link that isn't mainstream media. The New York Times ran a story about how the Covid tests were so sensitive that about 10% of positive cases had enough Covid to have symptoms or infect others, or a Johns Hopkins study that showed that many Covid deaths were deaths that would have occurred without Covid - but all of these revelations were seeds of truth that fell on barren ledge. For whatever reason some folks can't be made to realize the truth - which is their right, but when these folks start laying guilt on me or want to restrict my life that's when it's no longer semantics
An effective way of controlling Covid is a common goal held by most people. Thirteen months ago I was willing to do just about anything to slow the spread of Covid - but there has been so much empirical evidence the life changing lock downs and curtailment of freedoms was not at all effective - in fact it now appears that those efforts prolonged rather than shortened suffering.
Empirical evidence: Empirical evidence is primarily obtained through observation or experimentation. The observations or experiments are known as primary sources. However, it can be also obtained through various secondary sources, including articles, reports , newspapers, etc. The process of finding empirical evidence is called empirical research. Is routinely ignored as we try to see what works and what doesn't work with Covid.

greenie

A close relative who works in an ER related the following to me...

1) The ER policy is to retest all positive patients entering the ER - even those who tested positive hours immediately prior to the ER visit. That's not so bad, I guess, but the two tests get reported as two cases which can double the daily new case count that the media reports.
2) a 50 year old male, otherwise healthy came in recently with stroke symptoms - one side of the body, droopy mouth.. a stroke. This man recently had his J&J vaccine. The attending doctor did not make or report the possible connection between the stroke and the recent vaccination.

tlr-boise

Fact is, there is so much going on out there in clinics, ER's, doctors' offices, and hospitals; and state bureaucracies--and most especially FEDERAL bureaucracies, that we don't know about.

And our disgraceful media, plus YouTube, Facebook, Twitter cover it up, unless it's government approved.

Strawboss

There is no logic or reasoning or really any established protocols concerning state to state much less county to county methods of reporting diseases, and don't even think about individual health care facilities and how and what they report. Some wait, some don't. It's gotten a little better, but essentially, many times the way things are reported is up to the way the report is filled out and the person filling it out and what they've been told in regards to following their own specific protocols in how a report is filled out and what goes in a report, I know, I've been doing them for 30 years and what I've found is that money drives decisions on what goes in a report. There are some things that absolutely are to be reported to the county, gunshot wounds, STD's, child abuse, etc...Many places are NOT reporting things because they will get shut down. I'm lucky in that I don't make DX's, I merely document what I see and do, the decisions concerning what it is are made by others above my pay grade.

Daboo

Staff member
Someone I know has gotten their second vaccine and did a selfie on FB. I asked the question, "Why?". They had COVID earlier...so why get a vaccine for something you've already had?

If I had the FLU, would I get a FLU shot? Absolutely not. There's no point in it. I have the immunity the vaccine is supposed to give me.

But if I get the COVID vaccine, I am told to wear a mask. The same as if I didn't have the shot. Hmmm. I'm not that dumb.

Why do you want me to wear a mask and and get a vaccine?

Chris

greenie

I went in to a hardware store in an undisclosed town in an undisclosed state a few days ago. Like I always do I had the mask folded in my hand as I scanned the interior. The employees had no masks on, nor did the customers. Cautiously I stepped inside as I would try ice on a lake in early December. No one said a word about the mask law and I was greeted and assisted by a clerk. I made my purchase and paid cash... neither I or the cashier wore gloves. This simple event made my day - it was as if all the craziness of the past 14 months was a bad dream. Unfortunately it was just an anomaly..... solitary people still walk and drive with a mask tightly in place - others wait in socially distanced 2 meter lines for hours for a vaccine that neither affects chances of giving or getting a virus that is 99.6% survivable.
Empirical evidence that lock downs, masks, and the takeover of businesses, churches, and family finances has had little effect makes no difference as goalposts are steadily moved further away into the future. So few people question the narrative...

Daboo

Staff member
Thanks, Strawboss. I have some questions regarding why to get the vaccine, if I have a 99.7% chance of recovering from it without a vaccine.

I'm not a denier, but I'm also very reluctant to get this vaccine.

Chris

Strawboss

I understand, each day brings new stories of reactions that, while very small in number, are reactions nonetheless that should be reported, at least the cluster numbers or groups similar, the reasoning, I think, is that a lot of confusion will result as many don't understand what the reactions mean for them and will hold off on getting the vaccine while not really understanding everything.

greenie

"I thought I was dying," Sounds like he lived though. I've felt like I was dying maybe four times in my life - pneumonia was the worst - I sprang back though. I don't think many people dispute the symptoms of Covid-19 and the loss of lives of the poor souls with comorbidity. It's the media's panic porn and accompanying government overreach that concerns me. Covid-19 is 99.6% survivable - the 1919 flu on the other hand was 66% survivable yet commerce, worship, and even World War I continued on.

tlr-boise

Reactions:

This morning, at the gym, a friend told me he had shingles. Symptom was very severe pain down his leg, all day, all the time. It appeared a few days after his second vaccine shot, and he hasn't slept for several nights.

His doc's theory is that the Wuhan virus vaccine shot triggered the virus that lies dormant in the nerves in anyone who ever had chicken pox. (Like me.) Some things can trigger that virus to reappear as shingles. People over 60, who had the chicken pox as a kid, are increasingly susceptible to shingles. Shingles is nothing to mess with. Symptoms may be mild in some people or very severe.

I got my first shingles vaccine shot this afternoon.

texas.devops902

Tricycle
Forum Subscriber
Reactions:

This morning, at the gym, a friend told me he had shingles. Symptom was very severe pain down his leg, all day, all the time. It appeared a few days after his second vaccine shot, and he hasn't slept for several nights.

His doc's theory is that the Wuhan virus vaccine shot triggered the virus that lies dormant in the nerves in anyone who ever had chicken pox. (Like me.) Some things can trigger that virus to reappear as shingles. People over 60, who had the chicken pox as a kid, are increasingly susceptible to shingles. Shingles is nothing to mess with. Symptoms may be mild in some people or very severe.

I got my first shingles vaccine shot this afternoon.

Yikes. That means I'm a contender. My chicken pox kept me out of school for a week because I couldn't stop scratching. Back in the day when I had it there was no safe space or slathering of medicinal sauces to take away the irritation. We bit down hard and rode it out. And now it's all gonna come back to haunt us? Geez louise.

I think I'm going to get a year supply of the H-C-Q from Dr Stella here in Houston. The anti-viral has working as expected for 70+ years. Maybe that'll keep life from killing me sooner than Dr Fow Chi and Bill "The Depopulater" Gates have planned? LOL

When y'all see the grim reaper in your rear view mirror, crack that throttle! :^ ) AB