• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Got my Ion Tank Bag Installed and Handlebar Wedges

RangerRay

309A63E7-B113-48AA-B095-CCE1034B766E.jpeg40C9A9C2-9F5C-438D-AF62-49EF854E40F5.jpeg

I had used this bag on my FJR, but I liked it so much that I ordered the tank ring so I could use it on the C-14.

i also installed the handlebar wedges from Murph’s Kits, but I haven’t ridden the bike yet to know how I like the bar change.

The handlebar wedges sold on Murph's Kits make a noticeable difference in being able to keep my rear end in the sweet spot of my new Corbin seat, which was my goal. It feels like the bars are more comfortable to hold now with the adjustment after having installed the wedges. The additional height and setback is noticeable in feel only. It's not that exaggerated. I think that was money well spent.

Hard to believe that such a small sliver of aluminum can make such a difference. I had done the setback plate from AST, and set of 1.5 risers and the wedges and was happy with that. But having had a set of helibars on my 98 c10, i knew that if a used set showed up for sale, they were going on mt 2010 c14. PERFECT!!! That's all i can say....

Join for the bike, stay for the people ....

The handlebar wedges sold on Murph's Kits make a noticeable difference in being able to keep my rear end in the sweet spot of my new Corbin seat, which was my goal. It feels like the bars are more comfortable to hold now with the adjustment after having installed the wedges. The additional height and setback is noticeable in feel only. It's not that exaggerated. I think that was money well spent.
With or without risers?