• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Greg and Russell’s Back Yard of Favorite Roads 2018 [PA-MD]

4bikes

COG#9715 AAD
This is the second annual ride, and trust me that you won't want to miss this one!  When Russell and Greg argue over which one has the best roads to ride on, you can't lose.  Greg just released the route sheet for the 2018 version, so take a look to see what they came up with when they work together.    :great:

Attachments

• G&R Favorite Roads Route Sheet 2018 .pdf
    60.1 KB · Views: 135
Russell Fleming turned the route sheet into a .gpx file.  :motonoises:  Please download to your GPS, since it's not always a given that the ride can be shared before the start.  Another great ride you will not want to miss!

Attachments

• Greg & Russell 2018.zip
    44.6 KB · Views: 74
All COG events are listed on the Calendar at this link. That said, I should have posted this with the route sheet.

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetailPublic2.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=249338&mo=4&tDate=%7Bd%20%272018%2D04%2D22%27%7D

Sunday April 22nd

Meet for breakfast at Dutch Country Restaurant in Hanover,Pa. at 9AM, then tour some fine local roads ending at the Woodfire Kitchen in Hereford, Md. for lunch

Event Details
Event: Russell's and Greg's Favorite Backyard Roads [PA] Members: Free
Where: Dutch Country Restaurant Non Members: Free
Address: 946 Baltimore Street, Hanover PA Meeting Place: At Event Location
Location Website: Link Meeting Address: Same as Event Location
Meet Loc Website: n/a Meeting Time: 9:00 AM
Location Phone: 946 Baltimore S Parking Cost: $0.00
Start Date-Time: 04/22/2018 - 9:00 AM Reg. Deadline: 04/22/2018
* End Date-Time: 04/22/2018 - 2:00 PM PrePay Required: No
Event Leader: Greg Puterbaugh

I'll be there , filling my directionals with blinker fluid Saturday nite,  so I don't run out during the ride  :motonoises:  :rotflmao:

The ride report.....

The weather was perfectly sunny, and for a change not windy for the second annual Greg and Russell’s Favorite Roads ride April 22nd, 2018. After 17 of us ate a hearty breakfast at the busy Dutch Country Restaurant near Hanover, PA, we set out  to take on an entirely new set of roads.  Greg and Russell each led a group of riders, and as usual the pace was brisk and the ride well planned as we bounced north and south several times on the Mason-Dixon line. We know tires are expensive and wear down fast. However this was a free ride considering the tires since we only rode on the sides which we usually throw away unused.  Don’t miss out on next year, since these guys are not even close to running out of roads.  (Is that telephone pole going to fall over?)

Omitted sentence from the report….. >:D
I bet that young squid on the sport bike was wondering “what the hell” as five old guys on sport touring and an ADV bike roared past him and just kept going!

Favorite2018Road.jpg

FavoriteRoads2018.jpg

Had a great time as usual,  thank you  Greg & Russell  for putting out a ride like this. Great friends,  great food & great roads. Looking forward to next ride.

History of the ride.
2017 Russell picked the route
2018 Greg picked the route
2019 Russell will pick the route and be ready to travel to new start location. I am already working on the new route.