• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Greg and Russell’s Back Yard of Favorite Roads (Rescheduled) [PA-MD]

4bikes

COG#9715 AAD
This ride was too good not to reschedule.  Ride 140-miles on some of Greg and Russell's favorite roads when we go out for a day ride. As always you know that you will not wear out the center of you tires. The best part is in the last 3 years most all of these roads have been repaved.The Ride ends at Skeeters BBG in Shamokin Dam, PA. Six hearty soles that did the original ride in the rain can attest that the roads and BBQ are great!
The Ride ends at Skeeters BBG in Shamokin Dam, PA.

Link the calendar. 
http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=257494&mo=8&tDate=%7Bd%20%272019-08-23%27%7D

Please download the route prior to the ride.  :motonoises:

Attachments

• 2019 Greg & Russell Backyard Ride.zip
    45.2 KB · Views: 81
I had thought this was on a Sunday. Double checked after fish posted and sure enough it’s a Saturday. That’s around the time I may be allowed to be walking again, so maybe I can actually make this one.

Scott,
Good to hear you are making progress.  :great: Hope you can make it even if it’s a ride in the cage for lunch.

Judging by the comments I'm hearing, there is a strong interest in this great ride.  :motonoises:  The food is awesome at the end!  Russell will have fresh stories from the other side of the pond to share.

Unfortunately, not going to make the ride. I’m finally working on starting to walk for the last couple weeks, but not nearly strong enough to try to hold up a bike. Enjoy the ride and everybody be safe!

Scott,
Glad to hear you are progressing. It’s a bit of a long cage ride for you, but join us for the lunch if you can.

Tempting...I do like Skeeters, but probably too far. Besides, it’ll just rub salt in the wound.  :??:  ;)

Greg reports.....On Saturday , Aug. 8th, about a dozen bikes showed up in Dillsburg to ride the rescheduled Greg and Russell's Back Yard of  Favorite Roads on one of the finest summer days so far. We made the 60 mile trip to Skeeters BBQ Pit in Shamokin Dam in about four hours, taking Russell's 140 mile shortcut that covered many of central Pa.'s finest sport touring roads.  Not without incident,though, as we had to stop and pull a bike out of the ditch along the way, but nothing broken,no blood spilled,just some scratches on some plastic. Skeeters provided good food in nice place on a West Bank hill overlooking the Susquehanna River. A good time was had by almost all, and even the newest member of the CDA(Connie Droppers Anonymous) was smiling before heading home.

I snapped these photos at the start since I didn't have time for the whole ride.  This Mom I believe has an entirely new perception of motorcycle riders.  Her sons were fascinated by the machines and she was surprised when Russell let them sit on his bike. 

FavoriteBackroads19-1.jpg

FavoriteBackroads19-2.jpg