• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Grrrr. Stubborn plug

kzz1king

Stubborn plug has me nervous. Once broke loose it didn't spin right out. Put some PB blaster in the hole. Crank in, crank out, and repeat. Got it to twist out aways and didn't want to force it so letting it sit overnight.

When I do get it out safely do I need to be concerned about the PB blaster I will be burning? Will try to suck a little out. I had stuck plugs in my 4 runner and the PB worked well but it smoked for a while!

How much PB are we talking about here?

If not a standing volume it should evaporate without issue.

It's standing. Soaking the threads of the plug. More concerned with damaging threads. Only reason I can think of for the difficulty to remove is maybe not tight enough and carbon deposits on threads.

When removed I will try to vac excess out of cylinder.

PB Blaster is good stuff
Another choice is AT fluid and Acetone people swear by.
Gobble Gobble
Nick
2014 C-14

PB Blaster is good stuff
Another choice is AT fluid and Acetone people swear by.
Gobble Gobble
Nick
2014 C-14
This past summer I changed plugs in a old 4 runner I had bought. One side they all came out nice and the plugs were toast. The last 3 we're really bad. Two of them made a loud crack and stopped after a quarter turn. Doused the wells good with PB and went in to do some research . I figured I would be removing the head. Went back out after 3 hours and out they came. Mechanic buddy says it's because they don't get tightened down enough and carbon can get into the threads.