• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

GTPP 36 month extension for $339....UPDATED 2/23/2013

Craigmri said:
So is the going rate from Pete still $359?  Also, since I live in FLA, should I use a relatives address out of state or have things changed as it relates to Florida insurance laws?

Craig

I used my FL address with Pete

Egodriver71 said:
Craigmri said:
So is the going rate from Pete still $359?  Also, since I live in FLA, should I use a relatives address out of state or have things changed as it relates to Florida insurance laws?

Craig

Awesome!....Glad to hear this!!!

Craig

Craigmri said:
Egodriver71 said:
Craigmri said:

Craig

Ditto on my Versys. I had a warped brake disc replaced by a FL dealer and the fork seals replaced recently by Davis Service Center in Montrose CO. Excellent shop, BTW.

Both repairs done on the extended warranty.

Awesome!....Glad to hear this!!!

Craig

ron203 said:
Just bought this from Ultimate Cycle. Emailed for Pete, got a callback from Mark Burton (?) the finance guy. Took about 5 minutes and waiting on the paperwork. It's $359. Maw Kaw direct mailed me and wanted $500+.

I did this yesterday, easiest transaction I have made in purchasing anything for my 2016 Concours!,

Just to confirm others... I was able to buy the 2nd extension through Ultimate Cycle - Florida residents are no problem.
Those guys have this down to a science!  thanks Rich for setting this up :great:

Just renewed my warranty thru Ultimate Cycle for a grand total of $359.00.  Easy, no hassle.  Sent them an e-mail with the info, got a call back for my credit card info, DONE!!

Fred
Wa2gzw

I just want to thank this forum, especially this post,  and a very very big "THANK YOU" to Pete with Ulitmare Cycle! My Extended Warranty (KPP/GTPP) purchased through him just paid itself off today. 3 fold easily! Brought the bike into the Stealership that said my TPMS wouldn't be covered because it was probably "just the battery". I was able to get in contact with a Service tech for an out of state dealership that I had met through a Facebook group. This tech had Kawasaki call me and i was able to get preauthorized for the rear shock to be replaced. (I hadn't been able to adjust the preload since I bought the bike)  I got the call from the service department today around lunch saying "Kawasaki is going to pay for everything I brought it in for. Rear shock, both TPMS, left fork seal that was leaking." Gonna have to come out of pocket like $150 for them to do the right one done since it wasn't leaking when I brought it in. Still Not bad since i don't see a point in doing one and not the other while the bike is in the shop anyway, might as well get the fluids replaced. So a huge "THANK YOU PETE!" again. Best $ I've spent on this bike PERIOD!  Now what am I supposed to do while my baby is in the shop???

Just did the deed through Ultimate Cycle.  Sent an email this morning with all the particulars, got a call back this afternoon for payment.  Easy peasy!

Hi,

was reading this and seem to be very interesting but says US Only :-( any chance of this being available in Canada??

thank you

Gilles

Just wanted to thank the member that made this deal possible. Just got off the phone with Mark at ultimate cycles and extended my warranty for another 3 years. :)

That would be Man of Blues (Rich), the posting just prior to yours.
I agree, Rich did many of us a favor on this great deal :great:

Mabupa said:
Just wanted to thank the member that made this deal possible. Just got off the phone with Mark at ultimate cycles and extended my warranty for another 3 years. :)

Yours seems to be the most recent KPP "renewal" transaction.  Are you willing to share what price you paid?  My own is up for renewal in July.  Cash is tight, but I'm thinking of doing it one more time.

Thx. John

I just got off the phone with Peter Daniel and he informs me that I have reached my limit.  I cannot extend my warranty a third time. Heavy suck-age!!

I mistakenly assumed that this could go on forever, but alas, all good things come to an end.

Man Of Blues, since you are the author of this thread why don't you EDIT the subject line to reflect the current price for this great coverage.  I think the $339 has been long gone.

Guys
I "cannot" physically change anything within the original posting, as it has been in effect for many years, and "edit" is not possible.. the pricing is not my pricing, it is Ultimate's price, which has gone up, but very minimally over the years, forced onto Pete, at Ultimate, by corporate scales,
It is however very reasonable, and if you go back a few posts of recent, someones current price can be seen.. sorry, but I can't modify anything ...

as for is it available?  You have to call, and talk to them.. Monday is out, they are closed then, so Tuesday thru Saturday "morn", are the time slots to do this.
as long as a current plan is in effect, and you have only extended it once, you can extend it one more time.. that makes a total of 3 x 36 month plans, the original OEM, plus 2 extensions thru KPP... and it's done.. you really can't complain about that in any way shape or form.. realistically.. 9 years of coverage, for the price paid.. no other company does this..

I wish you all well, tell Pete I said "HI" if you call him, and ride safe...

Rich (or someone) give me a current price and I (THINK I can) will update the original post if I can. I don't remember what I paid, but it was nearly a year ago now.

Ron

already spoke with Tim, he also said he do my re-do.. just gotta compile it, and post it, and then have it "pushed up top, and the old stuff.. poooofed..
hang tight.

looking back, the last price was $359...this spring (it was originanly $339, when I first worked it out...$20, after that much time.. not an issue...)

I gotta Call and talk to Pete, and ask him "current $$$", and spend an hour talking to him, because I like the fella...

I'll be Back...

MAN OF BLUES said:
already spoke with Tim, he also said he do my re-do.. just gotta compile it, and post it, and then have it "pushed up top, and the old stuff.. poooofed..
hang tight.

looking back, the last price was $359...this spring (it was originanly $339, when I first worked it out...$20, after that much time.. not an issue...)

I gotta Call and talk to Pete, and ask him "current $$$", and spend an hour talking to him, because I like the fella...

I'll be Back...

Thanks Rich :You_Rock_Emoticon: :bravo_2:

ron203 said:
:popcorncouple:
quit eating popcorn.. don't be so impatient.
i couldn't reach Pete today, I'll try tomorrow.. like, this is a real issue? call, and talk to him... he's agreat dude, and he has a Blues Band, that he invited me to play with..  hell, if I wasn't afraid of getting arrested in Va. for ridiculous stuff.. I'd be recording s#!+ with him..

( can "always" sneak into Richmond tho... hehehehehheeheheehheh)

Oh, I'm very patient. Not something I'm worried  about. Just offering to help.... :)

Handle it.

jawneelogik said:
Mabupa said:

Yours seems to be the most recent KPP "renewal" transaction.  Are you willing to share what price you paid?  My own is up for renewal in July.  Cash is tight, but I'm thinking of doing it one more time.

Thx. John

As of 05/22/2019, it was $359. I just double checked my CC activity and that’s what it shows was paid to ultimate cycle.

Pittsburgh_Clem said:
FTB530 said:
Pittsburgh_Clem said:
I just got mine 3 months or so ago  When should I get the extended warranty

Before the warranty you have now expires!

Thank you
  If I do get it now will it start after the original expires  or does the extended start when you sihn up
My original expired 5/19/2019, my new card says my warranty is good until 5/19/2022!

FTB530 said:
Pittsburgh_Clem said:
FTB530 said:
Pittsburgh_Clem said:

Thank you

Thank you :beerchug:
  If I do get it now will it start after the original expires  or does the extended start when you sihn up
My original expired 5/19/2019, my new card says my warranty is good until 5/19/2022!

Pittsburgh_Clem said:
FTB530 said:
Pittsburgh_Clem said:

Thank you

Once you have confirmation of the first extension, feel free to extend it for the second and final time.. it will go into the system, and there will be no "lag", it will go into effect on the final day of the purchased existing KPP, not relative to when you purchase it.. so don't worry.. you never get "shorted" by doing it early.. it's a "roll in thing".  see ya in Williamsport.

I am looking at purchasing a 16 with 3950 miles. No current warranty. Any idea if I can still get one outside the dealer I am buying it from?

The guy listed in this thread is the guy to call and ask.
It's possible.
Do you know when the warranty expired?

Good advice on the above post. It is my understanding once the warranty has expired the deal offered by the deal here can't be done. Which sucks with so few of miles. But these C14's  have been fairly reliable and can't really point at one particular thing. It is true some leak a little oil until a fatter "O" ring was installed but it didn't affect all years. The 2016 was not in this crowd as far as I can tell. If it was then you can count on me being corrected. Personally if the price was right I'd do the deal. It isn't even broke in real good yet.  God luck, Tim

Ok, I just extended with Mark at Ultimate Cycles in Virginia, 3 years, $359...

Easy contact,

Finance@ultimatecycle.net include name, address, VIN, and mileage. He called me right back and I paid with a credit card.

Ez peazy.

I have searched this thread and the latest update I see from MOB is Jan, 2018. I see the following reply from Aug. of 2019:

Posted by: rrsperry
« on: August 27, 2019, 02:50:05 pm »Insert Quote

Easy contact,

Finance@ultimatecycle.net include name, address, VIN, and mileage. He called me right back and I paid with a credit card.

Ez peazy.

Just bought a barely-used 19 C14. I am wondering if Pete us still offering this deal and if the contact email is correct. I know Pete's phone # is in the thread somewhere but I was planning to email and wait for a callback. Many thanks, MOB, for starting this thread and following up.

Glad you posted Uncle Vern...I just remembered I need to renew mine!  I rode in to get mine three years ago along with some new tires (I was stationed in Newport News at the time).  The folks in the shop are great and took good care of me.  I'm sure they'll get back to you shortly.  If you still need their number, it's +1 804-897-7433.

Uncle Vern said:
I have searched this thread and the latest update I see from MOB is Jan, 2018. I see the following reply from Aug. of 2019:

Posted by: rrsperry
« on: August 27, 2019, 02:50:05 pm »Insert Quote

Easy contact,

Ez peazy.

Just bought a barely-used 19 C14. I am wondering if Pete us still offering this deal and if the contact email is correct. I know Pete's phone # is in the thread somewhere but I was planning to email and wait for a callback. Many thanks, MOB, for starting this thread and following up.

viffer_pilot said:
Glad you posted Uncle Vern...I just remembered I need to renew mine!  I rode in to get mine three years ago along with some new tires (I was stationed in Newport News at the time).  The folks in the shop are great and took good care of me.  I'm sure they'll get back to you shortly.  If you still need their number, it's +1 804-897-7433.

Give Pete Danial's  a Call, they are closed on Mondays tho, when you speak to Pete, tell him I said "Hey"... as noted, great folks to deal with, and they have been offering us this for many years... I have to stop in and see him this year, when I trip Down There....

:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

I just want to take a moment, and thank every person that has found this thread beneficial, and saved money insuring their fine machines...  I kind of 'lost context" of time, that has passed, and just how many people got to share this all. IIRC, this is one of the longest running real threads,(both here, and the other forum); that just keeps on Giving, so "please", make sure to share that "thank you", with Ultimate, and Pete, when you consider his assistance...  ride safe, and ride many miles.

MrPepsi said:
We should make up an honorable member plaque and give it to Pete.

I'm up for that, and also up for a 'fund it' for paying for him as an Industry Member..  I think Kaw has some issues with Dealerships and advertising, so if we "buy him a membership", he has a better realm of our thank you's to him..  :great:

Not sure if Jim Miller sold off his engraving stuff, but if he didn't, I'll ask him... but then we have to get "permission" to put the COG logo on it.. which didn't go so well, last time we wanted some engraved stuff. I'll explore it none the less, and get back...

I agree with MOB a thankyou plaque would be in order. I had 3 then another 6 years of worry free riding in what has turned out to be a pretty much trouble free machine. A claim on the factory warranty got me a new bike battery. A claim on the extended warranty went to a leaky final drive that got fixed back in 13. 

Hello all.  Just heard from the finance department and the price is not $389 for the 3 year KPP.  Figure this is still a good deal since my TPMS will probably not make it three more years so I'm essentially just prepaying that.  I also have some issues with the lock on the gas tanks so may get that looked at.  Anyway, wanted to provide an update in case anyone needs to update theirs.

Added the second three-year extension on mine for $394 today.  The letter I received from kawasaki letting me know mine expires this month listed $802.19 for the same three years, so I'm happy!

Not sure if Pete is still in that role at Ultimate Cycle, I spoke with Jack.

Has anyone tried to do this the last few weeks? I emailed them a week ago,no response. Called and emailed late last week, no response. My factory warranty expires on the 12th of this month. Only 2 days left :-(

Never heard back, maybe they're closed during the pandemic? 🤷‍♂️Ended up purchasing a 3yr from my selling dealer as mine factory expires tomorrow. Paid more but I have peace of mind.

I updated mine back in March.  I emailed them since I was in Bahrain so the time difference made it difficult to call.  It took a day or two but they got back to me with information and I was able to renew over the phone.  Just keep trying.  Since the new warranty start whenever the old one ends automatically, recommend leaving yourself a few weeks fluff to get this done in case it is hard to get a hold of them. I worked with Jack Kelly and the email was finance@ultimatecycle.net.  Good luck.

Just called Pete and got my second extension going - note that his email is pete@ultimatecycle.net, and you might also CC: sales@ultimatecycle.net.
2013 Fastblack

Time flies. I extended my warranty twice on my 2011 for nine years of warranty coverage. I used it two different times in the second renewal. Once for a leaking final drive at around 64,000 miles, and a second time for a front TPMS that failed (not the battery). Both times the repairs were made with no questions asked, and zero pushback.  I may not have broken even, but I’m not complaining one bit. This is a reliable motorcycle. 

Kinda bummed really. Last year or so has done a number on me, and I had to put off getting the extended warranty. I’d given up on being able to afford it. Well, as luck would have it, I came across some extra money about a week before my factory warranty expired. Times are still tight, but.. you know..

So I called the first chance I could, but could not reach Pete. Eventually I got connected with a guy named Lance in finances on the 24th. I told him I was trying to reach Pete, and he said that he could help me and was aware of the discount he gives. I gave him my vin#, miles, and card# but he wrote me up for $630+tax. I asked him about the sub $400 price and he told me that was the old price. So I went with it because I was a few days away from my factory warranty expiring at this point. He said he would run it the next day. So I waited until the last day of my warranty, and when I seen that the money hadn’t yet come out of my account, I called back. I left Pete a message explaining what was going on, and he returned my call. He told me that they were in fact still selling KPP at $393, and to “not wait until the last minute next time.” But said he would take care of it for me.
I’m almost certain I joined this forum back when I bought the bike because I posted a few questions in a number of threads, but for the life of me I can’t remember my log in information, and I told him that, so he told me to just sign up because it’s free and to shoot him an email showing that I was a member. I wound up creating a new account rather than retrieve my info not only to save time but because I no longer use my old email. He replied “thank you” on the 27th and that was the last I’ve heard from him. I didn’t include my bike and payment info in this email because I had already given that to Lance a few days prior. I’ve emailed him a couple times and left a few messages, but no reply from Pete. I’ve spoken with Lance a few times, but he doesn’t seem sure what’s happening.
I’m not sure if I rubbed them the wrong way, or what. But it is a little disheartening to see someone extend their warranty at that price after me, although I am happy for you. Kawasaki graced me some more time due to covid. But I still feel kinda slighted that they were going to originally write me up for $630 for whatever reason.

I guess the moral of this story is this forum has been invaluable to me. I have soaked up so much information from you guys by lurking here for the last 3 years on a bike that I am so passionate about. It’s because of you guys that I can take comfort in knowing that even if Ultimate Cycle doesn’t want my business, the mad powah of the KIPASS should offer up enough protection to see me through!

Seriously though, if you’re the proud owner of a Connie, it would behoove you to join COG. Everything about these bikes is tucked away somewhere here, and these are some real stand-up folks. And if you’re fortunate enough to get this extended warranty, you need to get on it ASAP, and you need to go through only Pete. I’m not sure what my experience was all about, but I’m gonna try a few more times. I just wish they would let me know what I’m doing wrong, or tell me what’s going on so I can quit getting my hopes up.

UPDATE: Pete sent me an email. Said the KPP dealer website was down for maintenance. Told me it will get done this week!!! Lol, I was starting to feel a bit like an insecure girlfriend, but it sounds like he’s gonna come through for me! Mugs up to Pete and especially MAN OF BLUES!! I’m not sure how you did it man, but I first learned about this on a different thread from at least 8 years ago. That’s some serious magic you got there, friend. You guys are my favorite people on Earth right now!

Dean,

I'm glad you got a chance to talk again with Pete. Reassurance is good.  I recently completed the re-up of my KPP for a second set of 3 years, and also experienced some hesitation blues waiting for the penny to drop. Ultimately successful and at a great price ($393 which beats the snot out of MaKaw's quote of $805.02) and although the process took some time (Pete explained that they are open but working with minimal staff during these COVID times so all are uber busy), it was completed before the expiration of my former KPP.

To others who may be considering purchasing/extending a KPP through Pete at Ultimate Cycle, I'd offer the following suggestions. 1. Start early. My understanding is a new plan does not start till the expiration of a previous plan, so if things happen quickly, it's not like you're going to lose time on your earlier KPP. However, if you delay, you may run afoul of your expiration date. 2. In working with Pete and Ultimate Cycle be patient, be persistent, be polite, and have faith. As explained, things there are hectic (apparently especially so during riding season in these COVID days) so hang in there as things get moved along.

For informational/expository purposes, here is the time-line saga of my recent KPP purchase.
1. My prior KPP expired 6/27/20.
2. I called and left a message for Pete 6/3/20.
3. I sent Pete a follow-up email 6/5/20 containing bike and prior KPP info.
4. Not hearing from Pete I called again 6/12/20 and spoke with him, gave the essential info, and he reported we were good to go.
5. Checked to see if/when the new KPP had been charged to my credit card, and it was on 6/22/20, 10 days after my conversation with Pete.
6. On 7/1/20 my new KPP card and KPP contract were mailed to me, and were received several days later. These documents indicated that the contract was completed 6/26/20 and my new KPP card states that it is valid from 6/27/20 to 6/27/23.

Zero complaints and many thanks to Pete for getting things done at such a great savings. The above items (1 - 6) are only included to affirm the need for adequate lead time, and for patience and forbearance in allowing Pete to work things through the system during difficult times. 

I, too, echo your kudos for Pete and MOB!

Glad to hear you guys understand the timelines, and difficulties you can get yourself into, waiting to the last minutes of a 3 year plan, to upgrade.. I have always stressed the fact, it can be upgraded any time during the plan's active period... but also stressed that you can immediately, upon receipt of the new plan, go right back and buy you second one and it will sit and re-up automatically the day your plan expires..
So waiting to the last month of protection is not a wise choice.. if you get easily worried..
Especially with the issues we have this year with "limited hours/business open" due to Covid.

If you folks look back in the timeline of this thread, and see when it started, you will get an idea just how long Pete has been the super dealer he is.. when I initially worked this all out with him, he was glad to get the opportunity and exposure our group could give to him; and he has remained as honorable thru time, as he was when we first worked out a "plan"... even tho his original store closed and moved to a second location, he never skipped a beat..

I have always said:
send him an email, with ALL the bike info, and your phone number...
follow up the next day with a call, to him... (they are closed Mondays)....
if in doubt, re call him again,(or Jack Kelly if you can't reach Pete) to verify, and to give him charge card info...

and relax... he will hook it up.
Above all, be kind and proper, and don't cop an attitude and spout off to these folks... especially if you are a forum member only member, (the original, and I think still current intent was for ALL of us, both Forum, and paying/card holding COG members benefit, and I don't think that EVER changed).
We don't want to loose him as a valuable resource, after so many years... soo many years, that my factory OEM and both additional GTPP and KPP plans have long expired.. I've had my bike since 7/7/07...
:great: :great: :great: :great: :great:

Right on MOB. It really wasn’t my intention to put it off or be indecisive. I’ve just had a nasty string of bad financial luck for the last few years. But that’s life. But hey, sometimes the stars align and someones luck can turn around a bit. There’s no way I or anyone else should ever be upset at these guys over this. They don’t owe us a thing. I was just kinda bummed out because well, quite frankly I would marry this bike if I could, and I guess I was just hoping that this time things would fall into place for once. At the very least, Pete tried for me. And that’s more than I could ask. So, either way, I’m fine even if it falls through. Fact is, I owe COG. These forums have bailed me out a few times over the years. I’ll admit, I haven’t really made any real contributions, I’m more of the lurky, creepy type when it comes to online stuff, and would much prefer to meet up for a round of beers in real life. But I love this site just the same.
I first heard about the deal awhile ago on a different thread that’s been long dead, so I didn’t have any expectations when I called. Then, I discovered this here thread after I first spoke with Pete. I mainly come for the KIPASS jokes see, so I must’ve overlooked it.
Lol. I still don’t have any expectations, I just was wondering if I had missed something, or if it was too good to be true.
Really, thanks again MOB, I’m still very grateful, if not for me, then for what you’ve managed to accomplish for the Concours community. Truly blows my mind. You guys have a good one!

:great: :great:

I trust you will be taken care of fine, please report back the results.. I trust those guys, for sure.. :beerchug:

I contacted Pete a couple weeks ago about mine and it was all taken care of, just like magic.  Got a receipt promptly from him and a couple days later the Kaw KPP came in the mail.  I am impressed/ :great:

F

Pete came through for me!! Cant thank you enough, MOB! Felt like Christmas in July. I’ve been trying to sign up for a paid membership but my phone just loads a blank screen when I click the link. Gonna have to head to the library when I get some spare time because I don’t have a computer. I’m hoping to snag that issue of The Concourier that’s been floating around!

Man really, thanks again. I’d be totally lost without you guys!  :motonoises: :great: :beerchug:

updated: SEE http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,27046.msg189623.html#msg189623

UPDATED 2/23/2013
UPDATED INFO 2/23/2013

just got off the phone with Pete, and he would like to thank all of you for your devoted trust, and patronage.
You have helped him acheive the #8 spot in the U.S.A. Kawasaki dealerships...
Kudos to all!!! ;)

Pete asked me to stress that if you send him an e-mail with all your info, PLEASE LEAVE A NUMBER HE CAN CALL YOU BACK AT, so he can securely get your charge card # that is the fastest and most efficient method for purchasing the GTPP.
He applogised for some of the missed calls, but folks need to understand he is not always there to recieve a call, so the e-mail with a callback number is still the best way to accomplish this timely

Also, I need to update the info needed to:

"if you do not include payment info in your email, please list a day time
phone number that the dealership can call you to obtain the payment info"

Hows this for a screaming deal!!! He will also offer this special to other
models from Kawasaki too for june and July ONLY!

Jump on this folks...
I think there is going to be a price increase August 1st

follow the instructions:

$339.00 FROM MY FRIENDS AT ULTIMATE CYCLE:

"Hi Rich,
Thanks for your help. Kawasaki will send out the gtpp policy and we will
send via us-mail the paid receipt showing purchase date of the product.

PRIOR TO CALLING: Here is what I need to know from each one via e-mail. Getting this
information over the phone causes too many mistakes. However, for those that
do not wish to transmit their credit cards electronically,
they may call in*** their cc # to 804-330-4800 and my extension is 110. *** "

Email to: sales(at)UltimateCycle(dot)NET
remove the (at) and (dot), and do symbols.....

*Registered Name:
*Address:
*City:
*State:
*Zip code:
*Phone:
*Year , make , model , color:
*VIN#:
*Current mileage:

***Credit card type - MC/Visa/Amex:
***Credit Card #:
***Expiration Date:
***Sec Code on back of card (front for Amex):

"if you do not include payment info in your email, please list a day time
phone number that the dealership can call you to obtain the payment info"

We will charge the $339.00 to their card and send the credit card receipt
and invoice to the listed address. We will electronically register the GTPP
which will take effect 10 days after we register. We do register daily, so
there is no delay at all.

Also, we will beat any deal on new Concours'
Thanks again,
Pete

these are my pals here in Richmond
Ultimate Cycle
8321 Midlothian Tpk.
Richmond, Va 23235

www.ultimateCycle.net

NOTE: THIS OFFER APPLIES TO OWNERS IN THE CONTINENTAL U.S.A. ONLY, AND EXCLUDES FLORIDA RESIDENTS BY FLORIDA LAW.

ALSO NOTE, THIS OFFER IS ONLY VALID WHEN PURCHASED OVER THE INTERNET, OR SPEAKING PERSONALLY TO PETE DANIALS DIRECTLY VIA TELEPHONE....

I have to admit, and with great sincerity to my club, all i did was contact my dealer and open a portal...
I have a great sense of ownership when a dealer steps up, and sticks his neck on the line, especially when he trusts my (past/current) position with the group... I can only thank him greatly, and assure him that his effort, and generosity to our group, will be returned tenfold in response by us as a whole... that my friends is all I can do.
my desire to find an outlet that will give me what I consider an acceptable outlet for what we need, as a group, has been shared. grab it up, and best wishes to y'all, I hope to see you on the road...

oh yeah, if you are in the neighborhood, stop in there and thank Pete man to man, shake his hand, and introduce youself as a true COG'r..... that's what WE do...spread the word.
and again to coin a phrase I wrote a few times..."here's the free prize, in every box..."

note: I've had this posted on "the other site" for years, to compile a database of peoples and questions/answers, this was all lost in the transition, but I have retained much of it.
I'm posting it here now to make sure I can share this for as long as my pal Pete continues to offer it.... I believe at last count he has provided over 150 of us with this great price.
ref:
http://zggtr.org/index.php?topic=225.0

UPDATED 3/28/2012
I will add, In conversation today, Pete has specifically told me that IF you bought the bike NEW, and are THE ORIGINAL OWNER who ALREADY HAS a GTPP in effect, HE CAN and WILL be able to add additional time for the additional costs, another 36 months, but I think it is a few bucks more....still cheap.!!!!!

Hello well I just had my 2017 Connie updated GPTT and it cost me $393. Peace must have went up in 2020 huh. 🙄

Welli just updated my Connie and he charged me 393.$.. price must have went up in 2020. But still cheaper then dealer. 👍🏻👍🏻😎

Time for me to start thinking about an extended warranty for my '17, purchased in '18. With this particular extension would I be able to take the bike to a Kawasaki dealer in my area? I'm in Wisconsin. Just wondering because the seller of the extension is not in my area.

Thanks

Time for me to start thinking about an extended warranty for my '17, purchased in '18. With this particular extension would I be able to take the bike to a Kawasaki dealer in my area? I'm in Wisconsin. Just wondering because the seller of the extension is not in my area.

Thanks
I bought the warranty and it’s good at any Kawasaki dealer!

Thanks
Same here...

Time flies. I extended my warranty twice on my 2011 for nine years of warranty coverage. I used it two different times in the second renewal. Once for a leaking final drive at around 64,000 miles, and a second time for a front TPMS that failed (not the battery). Both times the repairs were made with no questions asked, and zero pushback. I may not have broken even, but I’m not complaining one bit. This is a reliable motorcycle.
I’m rough on my toys and tools, so paying $359 (IIRC) for 3 years extended paid for itself with just the rear TPMS sensor being replaced. $250/per plus 1hr labor @ $95/hr. My first warranty trip involved both sensors and the $789 plus (however much) labor rear suspension all being replaced under warranty. Second trip included left fork seal and service along with replacing the windscreen motor. My baby’s third trip to the butchers is where I came out majorly ahead. I apparently split 4 gear so I saved at least 15 hours labor when they replaced the guts of my transmission. I had to come out of pocket for a new clutch and output bevel gear. I’m sure I’m forgetting a couple other things but I could have bought a newer model with all the money I saved with my investment of the extended warranty. One of my late uncles used to be a car salesman that would preach about NOT Buying the extended warranty on any vehicle because it was a ripoff. Well I wish he was still around so I could show him all the work tickets on my C14 and ask him if he thought I was ripped off. Lol. I only logged in today because earlier I was talking to my Girlfriend about bills. I mentioned needing to put about $350 in the budget for another 3 years soon because my extended warranty expires in May. I dropped in to grab Pete’s contact info and see if there was an updated price.

I’m rough on my toys and tools, so paying $359 (IIRC) for 3 years extended paid for itself with just the rear TPMS sensor being replaced. $250/per plus 1hr labor @ $95/hr. My first warranty trip involved both sensors and the $789 plus (however much) labor rear suspension all being replaced under warranty. Second trip included left fork seal and service along with replacing the windscreen motor. My baby’s third trip to the butchers is where I came out majorly ahead. I apparently split 4 gear so I saved at least 15 hours labor when they replaced the guts of my transmission. I had to come out of pocket for a new clutch and output bevel gear. I’m sure I’m forgetting a couple other things but I could have bought a newer model with all the money I saved with my investment of the extended warranty. One of my late uncles used to be a car salesman that would preach about NOT Buying the extended warranty on any vehicle because it was a ripoff. Well I wish he was still around so I could show him all the work tickets on my C14 and ask him if he thought I was ripped off. Lol. I only logged in today because earlier I was talking to my Girlfriend about bills. I mentioned needing to put about $350 in the budget for another 3 years soon because my extended warranty expires in May. I dropped in to grab Pete’s contact info and see if there was an updated price.
Makes me wonder if uncle was just telling family not to buy extended warranty, because every salesman at a dealer I ever bought from tried to shove it down my throat😂😂

Mine expires in September, so I extended it yet again - through Pete's dealership The only claim on it so far has been TPMS sensors. Will have those done again in a few months with a tire change.

I didn't deal directly with Pete on the call. Can't remember the name of the guy I talked to, unfortunately. He's now handling warranties apparently. Anyway, I did have to tell him that there was a deal worked out, that I subscribe to two motorcycle forums and am a member of one, and that instead of the $600+ quote he gave me, that cost should be $393.

Those who wind up talking to this guy should make sure to mention either COG or the ZG/GTR fanatics forum when buying/extending the warranty.

Mine expires in June and I just sent an email to Pete. I'll let everyone know how it goes. Just for giggles I asked my local dealer how much he would charge to extend it through them and they quoted me $1,400!!!

Pete just called me back. I gave him my mileage and credit card number and I'm all set. Now I just wait for the paperwork to come in the mail.

I have been meaning to update this since June when I emailed Pete to renew my warranty. Apparently, per Pete, Momma Kaw decided at the beginning of June that your first warranty extension must be bought through either the dealership you bought your bike from or Kawasaki's website. Pete also said that additional extensions can be bought through him.

And thanks for all the information that all of you post up. I don't have much to say usually, but I do read and try to absorb,

I just realized I forgot to tell you all about my latest experience with updating my warranty extension. I bought my bike on 11/15/15 in RI and got my first extension from Pete about a week before the original warranty ran out. It was an easy experience and gave me another 3 years of worry free riding.

Last November 16th would have been the day I was supposed to get my 2nd and final extension by. Well, as things would be, being busy and worrying about keeping my job due to an experimental jab mandate I forgot about it until about a week after the 16th.

I called and spoke to Pete, explaining my lateness and was happy to hear that he thought he would be able to still get me the last 3 years of my warranty extension from Kawasaki ... YAY!

A couple weeks later the paperwork arrived in the mail and I have till 11/15/24 of worry free riding to look forward too!

A heart felt THANKS go out to Pete and Ultimate Cycles for all the worry free riding he has provided to me, and COG over the years, at the best price and easiest procedure anywhere.

Also a shout out to MOB for setting the whole thing up! Hope your still with us Rich, know you are greatly thanked by many, many of us in COG.

Joe

I'll get this extension but it looks like I have time to do it as the bike is only 3 weeks old. I thought I had to do it right away after buying the bike.

I think the rules have changed. IIRC you have to buy the first extension from the dealership where you bought the bike.

OK. Dealer said I had 30 days to decide which I thought was odd, and I told him I wasn't spending that kind of money.

Heard back from Pete this morning. Here's what we have.

I'm asking for a fellow COG member that just bought his bike new. So if it's the first renewal, and it was purchased new, it would have to be purchased from the dealer the bike was purchased from. If you bought a used bike, you have to purchase the first extended warranty from Kawasaki direct. Second renewals can be purchased from Ultimate Cycle for $393. Have I got that right? I'm sure club members would be interested in hearing what brought about the change.

His response
You are correct. Not sure about back story from Kawasaki.

OK, thanks for your help. oh well. I bought the C-14 because of my C-10's rugged build so I'm not paying $1000 for a warrantee.

Come up with a good sales pitch to the dealer. One that's hard to argue with is when someone asks me if I want some profit or no profit. The best time to negotiate is when it's easy to walk away because you can live without it.

Heard back from Pete this morning. Here's what we have.

I'm asking for a fellow COG member that just bought his bike new. So if it's the first renewal, and it was purchased new, it would have to be purchased from the dealer the bike was purchased from. If you bought a used bike, you have to purchase the first extended warranty from Kawasaki direct. Second renewals can be purchased from Ultimate Cycle for $393. Have I got that right? I'm sure club members would be interested in hearing what brought about the change.

His response
You are correct. Not sure about back story from Kawasaki.

So what am I missing here? Buy a new bike pay $1000 because you bought the bike new from the dealer but buy a used bike and get an extended warranttee for half?

When did you buy that?
I bought a 2016 in 2018, not long after that the original warranty was about to expire so with the information i found in the thread i contacted Ultimate Cycle and purchased the extended warranty, it expires at the end of May, i am trying to decide if i want to purchased another one or not.

I need to renew for the last time. I didn't give myself enough time to do it previously with Ultimate cycle so I had to go my selling dealer (it was $600ish). I went to the Kawasaki website on the letter, plugged my vin in and they want $800. No thanks.. I'm going to start the process soon to make sure i get it done with UC by May.

I just made my second call and extended the warranty on my 2016 again!!! I’m good until 2026.
Very thankful I found this info on the forum.