• Do you want to post in the COG forum? Join the club (free limited trial membership available) or upgrade/renew your membership to enjoy full posting privileges.
    For simple instructions, click here
  • Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

H4 LED replacement question

tdbru

Have the LED H4 headlight bulbs made enough advancements that they are a direct replacement for our C10 headlight bulbs yet? anyone have good luck with a particular one?
thanks,
-tdbru

bmidd

I just replaced the stock with a Beamtech. It was plug and play and seems to work well.

I've used he Beamtechs on at least 4 different bikes, great bulbs.

connie_rider

Before going to Beamtech, I tried another brand. Light was bright but blinded oncoming traffic badly as it had no cut off at the top of the light pattern.
The Beamtech solved the problem.

I didn't realize they still made them. Will order one for my C-10.

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider

I've had mine in the bike for about 3 years. Others for longer..
Oh, and do they put out as much (or more) light than a normal H4 9003?
thanks,

Yes.
The beam is not so much brighter as whiter. The whiter light makes things show up better. (more contrast)
Look at the various adds. The adds all demonstrate the difference.
The beam is also higher (which makes it reach farther).
I had to adjust the beams down after the installation as they were too high and on low beam, the area directly in front of the bike wasn't illuminated. The adjustment is EZ to do.

Look at the Beamtech add again. On the outer LED you will see a small plate. That plate is what adds a cut off area to the top of the beam.
(To me) Having that cut off is pretty important as it doesn't blind oncoming drivers.
The first LED's I tried, did not have that plate.
The lights that TJK posted also have the plate. His also have small motors for cooling the lights.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:

l.doyle5597

Those using Beamtech or other aftermarket LEDs. What did you do with the rubber light cover on the rear of the headlight? I tried trimming mine but haven't gotten it to fit well enough to stay in place.

Thanks!

connie_rider

The Auxito that was posted would install like a conventional light, so no issue with the rubber cover.
The Beamtech (and others) have a removable locking ring. (Remove the ring, install light thru rubber cover, re-install ring)

Last edited:

tjk230

Those using Beamtech or other aftermarket LEDs. What did you do with the rubber light cover on the rear of the headlight? I tried trimming mine but haven't gotten it to fit well enough to stay in place.

Thanks!
No changes were necessary with the Auxito bulbs, the rubber cover went right back on.