• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

head shake

oldsawfiler

Crotch Rocket
I started noticeing a little head shake a couple of weeks ago, but didn't think much of it. Wed. it showed up bad when I decl with only one hand on bars. Checked tire pressure yesterday and adjusted to 38 front and 41 back, both were low.. Still shakes. Tires are ME88s with 13000 on them that I know of. They were on the bike when I bought it in Feb. and looked pretty new then. Checked "Chauk Dust" and plan to do the bearing test and adjust this weekend. Does the fairing have to come off to do this? Any other thoughts. And, yes I know that I could do a search, and will, but fresh info is good too. 1990 Aint she a pretty Tomato (the bike ofcourse) wedshots albums http://community.webshots.com/user/sawfiler64/albums/most-recent

Tightening the steering head is pretty easy; especially if you get the special (and not expensive) tool to turn the nut. Chalkdust explains it pretty good. Tightening it did help me with the shakes. Just need to pull off the plastic cover (around the ignition key) - two philips screws. Then also loosen the lower triple T (4 nuts). Might have to remove the tank depending on where the nut notch is to get the wrench on. Tighten only 1/8th of a turn at a time and check for binding. If it binds, then back off a little. Don't forget to retorque the lower tripple T nuts after the adjustment. Shouldn't take more than 30 mins tops. Greg H from Mass, Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle", 05 Ninja 250