• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Headlight question

Swap the bulbs and see if the issue goes with the bulb or stays with the location.
If it goes with the bulb, there's your issue.
If it stays with the location, check the connector and wiring for the issue.

^^^ what he said. I just replaced my bulbs with ones from the local auto parts store, and they work.

But he also said hi beams go left. I know we can adjust up and down not sure about side adjustment.

I had to re-read it to be sure I was reading it correctly.
He said low beam works/both bulbs. High beam works/only 1 (Left) bulb.

Ompman. I agree prolly a bad bulb or a bad connection.

NOTE: It is possible to install the beamtech bulbs upside down.
ie; They have to be clocked in the mount ring to ensure (On high beam) that you have a dark area at the top when you shine them against a wall.
The top will appear to be almost flat/cut off.
That dark area at the top prevents blinding oncoming traffic.

Ride safe, Ted

So LEDs are strange.....i just removed the right side LED unplugged it and the re installed and voila, works fine. I'm not sure how you can screw up polarity on a three prong connecter as it can only go one way!

So LEDs are strange.....i just removed the right side LED unplugged it and the re installed and voila, works fine. I'm not sure how you can screw up polarity on a three prong connecter as it can only go one way!
It could just be a bit of corrosion or foreign material that became trapped within the receptacle breaking contact. Removing and replacing cleared it. Regardless, glad she is working fine now!

So, it was an operator problem.

When the Navy Pilots used to leave a Gripe when they had an issue on the Aircraft they flew, (such as "Pilot cannot get engine to start",)
As Mechs, we checked it out, determined what was wrong and repaired the issue, and signed it off after it was repaired.
If we couldn't repeat the issue we signed it off as; "Removed and Replaced Pilot". Checks good on deck.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
So, it was an operator problem.

When the Navy Pilots used to leave a Gripe on the Aircraft they flew, (such as Pilot cannot get engine to start,)
We checked it out, made sure it started correctly, and signed it off as,
"Removed and Replaced Pilot". Checks good on deck.

Ride safe, Ted
Thanks for your service Ted! I was a “mailman” as they called us on our tech training base. (airman).