• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Helibars for C-10

worncog

I received an email from Jennifer at Helibars and we have been offered a group buy for this option. I am not the driver of this venture for them to produce this handlebar set, just the messenger of the offer. I am sure several others had inquired some time ago to Helibar about the them making a run on these bar sets for the fleet of C-10's out there, and I guess someone finally figured out that they might be able to sell a few. So here is the deal.

The Horizon Helibars are a new version of the Helibar for the Concours that resembles the C-14 Helibar.

See the Helibar ad: http://helibars.createsend5.com/t/ViewEmail/j/4E8B4F8D6143405B/130C9B2C4D874979C67FD2F38AC4859C

They offer a 2.5" rise and 6" of rearward grip placement, hydraulic cable extensions, and described as not needing any cable lengthening for installation.

The group buy individual purchases can be placed with Jennifer Pettengill of Helibars at 800-859-4642. Group purchase discount pricing is 10% once 5 orders are placed for the first 5 to 9 orders and increased discounts with additional accumulated orders.

This is a limited time offer by Helibar for this special run on the Concours Helibar and orders must be placed with Helibar by February 12th.

I know there are several options out there to rearrange the bar/seat configuration on your Connie, but here is another option on the table.

Thanks for the post.....  Not sure I am ready to drop 6 bills on handlebar extensions, but  I am looking to extend my range.  I start getting uncomfortable at around 3-400 miles on the C-10, but that may be a bottom end more so than a top end issue for me.

Just finished speaking to Jennifer at Helibars. There are currently two orders placed for the COG group buy and with the heavy weather and short initial purchase window for the group buy, she has extended the group buy purchase period until the 19th.

I'm in. My hands, back, and neck need the same comfort afforded by the Russell my glutes are enjoying.  :motonoises:

You might be able to sneek in after the cutoff. Call Jennifer tomorrow, Monday, at the number in the first post. Make sure yo tell her you are part of the COG group buy and you were referred by this post. Let me know how it works out.

I know we have been waiting for these for a while. And me, I'm glad it finally happened.  ;)

I had talked to Jennifer on the 18th and placed my order. At that time, I was the 3rd person to order. She had said there was like over 200 inquiries about doing this option. "WHAT HAPPENED" She said the production of the run would take place sometime this upcoming week I think.

If you want a set, be sure to call tomorrow and hopefully there will be enough we can get a little more of a discount.

Loose the watches and Ride Safe :))

Great!  Thanks, I will call Jennifer tomorrow.  Do I need to buy longer brake hoses or anything?  Actually I guess an upgrade to my stock brake/clutch lines are needed anyway.  How about the throttle cable?  I see a call into Murph's for me as well.....

I believe the throttle will require some creative routing and I am not sure about the choke cable. The kit comes with extnesion sections for the hydraulics. I plan on using a set of extended cables that have taken long term residence on my workbench. If you look closely at the web pics you will see the brake and cluthc extensions. HTH, Randy

Giving this a bump as I have just spoken with Jennifer at Helibar and they are willing to extend this for a few more days as we are a set short of making the minimum for the group buy discount. This is a limited run and these will only be available for a short production run.

So if you want a set or know someone who might need a pair, and of course is willing to part with a few bills to make it happen.  :great:

I ordered a set.  Four week lead time - end of March.  Talked to my mechanic who stated it can be done but a lot of work, (maybe 4 hours for him if he has to figure all the routing  and if it is not a complete set, especially if you have to add to the electrics lines, throttle cable, choke cable.  I have not talked to Jennifer of Helibars to see if this is a complete kit with everything identified above.  Any posts or info on COG for this particular bar set installation?  With 90K not sure if I want to proceed.

Any ideas on the throttle or choke cable replacement?

Any advice/schnitzels of wisdom etc. is appreciated.

The data in my original post was a compilation of what Jennifer shared with me via phone and email. I believe that the electrical loom, throttle cables, and enricher/choke cable will all be rerouted to behind the top clamp instead of in front of it. This will give that extra length from changing the cable arc more rearward. Hydraulics, brake and clutch, will have to be lengthened either by longer cables or the supplied extensions. For me, I have a set of Spieglers sitting on the shelf waiting for the bars. HTH, Randy

Just wondering how the Helibars worked out for those that ordered them? Any problems with wires, cables
Bob

CBX-Bob said:
Just wondering how the Helibars worked out for those that ordered them? Any problems with wires, cables
Bob

None. It does take a little creative routing of the choke and throttle cables though. But with the supplied hydraulic line extensions, everything installed as advertised. I just returned from a +2k mile run and the Helibars are great IMHO. The bike handles better and is much more comfortable for a person of my dimensions. HTH, Randy