• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hello from Ankeny, IA!

berttward8035

Good afternoon. My name is Robert, but I’ve been Bert since I was 5 years old. I just took delivery of my very first Kawasaki Concourse! Not sure what to expect, but I’ve been reading the forums for a few days now. I’m sure I’ll find answers to any questions in previous threads. Kids love it and the wife will come around. Looking forward to some warm weather and putting some miles on this beauty.

Attachments

• E954F1A3-ED82-4340-9D18-7ED69C65A12B.jpeg
    E954F1A3-ED82-4340-9D18-7ED69C65A12B.jpeg
    299.9 KB · Views: 70
  • CD6C7C7F-E07B-4FD6-AA2F-596C80EEDCAD.jpeg
    CD6C7C7F-E07B-4FD6-AA2F-596C80EEDCAD.jpeg
    226.9 KB · Views: 62
Welcome to COG! And yes you should find all the answers you need here.
It looks like a well taken care of c10!

Got urself a classic there...please read the threads on hydrolock, and carb mods specifically overflow tubes, to prevent the dreaded hydrolock.

Steve in sunny Florida. Aka shoodaben engineering is THE MAN for all things c10 related and he has many videos on you tube... check them out...

Welcome sir, good to see another IOWAN on here. I am your area representative for the state. The forum is great but if you really wish to connect with folks join us for a campout weekend. Waukon campout in May perhaps. C-10's rock solid bike by the way.

@berttward8035 Welcome to the COG!

WOW, not easy to identify who is more excited on that beautiful machine - you or your kids! Enjoy growing with the Concours and the kids it’s a fun mix that can last a lifetime.

Let’s hear the lowdown on this machine, what’s been done already, what if anything do you want to do?

Hmmm Red…. One of our members believes red is the fastest color of all the Concours machines. I humor him.

I am glad you found us and joined!

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Owner put on air filter pods and redid the carbs accordingly. He’s a big Kawasaki guy and has been very helpful with my trivia questions so far. My plans are to make it as sound as possible. It’s got 23xxx miles on it and I plan to work through the rubber bits and tires to make sure I’ve got as safe a ride as possible. The side m/front fairing has some damage and has been pasted together. Not too worried about cosmetics right now—just trying to get a worry-free ride as much as possible.

Ha, the wife will come around! Looks like she takes nice pics! Good for you, and welcome to COG! Plenty of fine COG brothers and sisters here, and no better place to research all kinds of C10 (and C14) topics. Enjoy!

Welcome!

Other than a few easily addressed issues (chiefly the hydrolock previously mentioned), the C10s are rather trouble free and long lived. Correct any age-related faults and keep up with regular maintenance and you should be fine for another 100k miles at least.