• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hello from the Chicago suburbs.

suzi74gt4920

I was looking at Connies for awhile and purchased an 03 with 32,000 on her. Ive been looking at Connie sport tourers for awhile. Had a GL1200 a few years ago and then my late wife because of her health issues we went to a trike. The connie I bought needed some help. Ive found 2 out of the 3 reservoirs filled with half jell half fluid and cleaned them all out and flushed them. Changed the oil and coolant. Changed the final drive oil and replaced numerous bolts for the fairing and windshield. Shes going to need a couple of tires but theresI still a list of more to check and do and this forum and the members on here have been a great help since I purchased her and Im looking forward to being aq member here also.

Welcome to COG. Keep an eye on the events page to see the COG ride to Baraboo, WI on August 6th. It is not too late to register. The weather forecast is looking great and it should be a very fun ride.

Welcome! I see you must have had a 74 Suzuki GT. I had a 750 back in the day. First 3 street bikes I owned were 2 strokes. I'm sure you will have your C10 in fine shape soon!

Thanks ! That 750 was my fravorite bike. I had to let it go after I got married. I had my 1st child and lived in an apartment after I got married so I had nowhere to store it. I was just out earlier and did Steves more power to the harness. What a difference when you start it and how she idles. Shes getting there little by little.

Find the threads on hydrolocking, and pay attention to them. Older model c10's can have petcock/carb issues that'll flood the cylinders and destroy ur m motor. Theres a thread on here thats current with a new member having to replace rods....

If ur in chicago,.i think the aad for the area is steve pronto out in crystal lake. Those closer to the city would meet out in arlington heights for dinner and tire kicking..

Thats definitely one of the things Im watching as I have Murphs conversion kit on my list for the petcock. I dont know much about the bike from the previous owner because of what Im seeing he hasnt a clue about maintenance and a motorcycle. But on the other hand its a mechanic friendly bike and all of you on this forum seem to be a great bunch of people with a lot of wisdom about these bikes!

welcome!! when you graduate into long distance touring, look towards the May 'Bun Cooler' meet in Kamiah, Idaho.