• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hello from The West Kootenay area of British Columbia

albeix321

My Name is AL Beix (Pronounced Bikes) And I have recently come into possession of a $500 1986 Concours 1000. The Bike has solid Bones, good Compression and basically needs a really good cleanup and replacement of all of the missing body parts below the fairing. as well as Both Mufflers (PO Drilled 1/2" Holes on the bottom of the mufflers - Grrrrr!) and a rear brake rotor.

Two days after acquiring this bike I was on a ride with three other senior riding friend friends and as a result of a severe sleep deficit built up over time fell asleep on the road (Never a good thing). I ended up sitting on the side of the road with what turned out to be a broken back and fractured Ankle. At 75 years old after spending many, many hours lying flat on my back in the Hospital I have decided it is time to hang up my gloves, but I shall remain involved in the motorcycle world as I and my partner have developed a fun side hustle finding, and restoring 70's and 80's Japanese motorcycles.

So, if anyone knows a good source for body parts for my concours I would be interested to hear about it - Bonus points if it is in Canada

Oh wow, sorry, sorry to hear of your bad luck, spill and injuries, AL.

I have liked riding in your neck of the woods - Nakusp, Revelstoke, Vernon; where are you?

Cecil - West Richland, Washington

Sorry to hear of your mishap, I've been on the hunt for a C10 for awhile. If you're restoring to sell I might be interested. I'm in Edmonton so the Kootenays are my motorcycling back yard.

PG.

Sorry to hear of your mishap, I've been on the hunt for a C10 for awhile. If you're restoring to sell I might be interested. I'm in Edmonton so the Kootenays are my motorcycling back yard.

PG.
Hi Yes the bike will be coming up for sale in the spring. Have to finish with the mechanicals and then address the body panels as it is missing the panels below the fairing. All panels will be repainted as the current drab gray does nothing for the bike and it is unlikely I would even be able to locate matching panels even if I wanted to.

Oh wow, sorry, sorry to hear of your bad luck, spill and injuries, AL.

I have liked riding in your neck of the woods - Nakusp, Revelstoke, Vernon; where are you?

Cecil - West Richland, Washington
I Live in Kaslo. If you know the town I am less than two blocks from the Moyie.

Kaslo, the old hotel makes a pretty mean burger, it's a must stop when I'm in the valley.
Yup Still does and now the town Brewery is also selling food having bought the Burger stand next door to them. By all means get in touch when your back in the area.