• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

help? Yosemite village with a flat

Dweller

Training Wheels
Not sure where else to post thathat locals may see it. in Yosemite village with sidewall puncture. Need to find a rear somewhere within 100 mile AAA tow limit. Prefer Senora or other NW out of Yosemite on hwy 120. Will check thread in AM. On tablet sorry for typos.

Bummer!  There are only a couple dealers that might have your tire in the Sonora area, they are:

T & A Motorsports  (209) 532-1409
Jamestown Harley Davidson  (209) 984-4888

You might consider getting towed to Merced, the dealer there is:

Merced Powersports  (209) 722-8055

or Madera

Madera Honda Suzuki  (559) 674-0041

Fresno is another option within your mileage restriction, but quite a bit south:

Cycle Gear  (559) 221-7600
Clawson Motrosports  (559) 435-5020
Wilson's Motorcycles  (559)  237-0215
BMW Motorcycles of Fresno  (559) 292-2269

I couldn't find anything else within 100 miles of the village.  Good luck!

GF-in-CA saves the day! T&A had the tire and got it on super- fast. Awesome place crashing for the ninigh and home tomorrow. Huge thanks GA! Details to follow when I have a proprr keyboard.

Well guys, we are home. We left 1 week ago on an intended 2000 miles through the Redwoods, San Fran, to Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, Crater lake then home. I picked up some finish nails in San Francisco, and discovered it as I was pulled over fixing a sudden oil leak on another bike in our group. I hoped it would hold out, but the evening of the next day it blew. Thanks to GF-in-CA I was able to get hooked up with T&A Motorsports in Sonora CA. They had the tire and installed it in record time. Huge props to Terry at T&A!

I started that day in Yosemite Valley and it was not until 4 PM I had the bike in Sonora and the tire installed. I ran into an issue with my credit card in Sonora that the bank still has not explained, but short version I was able to secure enough cash to pay off the tire and get us home. We missed Tahoe and Crater, but I have seen them before. Yosemite was new to me and truly an Epic experience.

I appreciate you guys allowing the intrusion to Events forum while I was visiting the area, and can not thank GF-in-CA enough! I will write up a full ride report later, including my exciting encounter with hydrolock  :-\

Thank you all, and especially you GF-in-CA!

Great to hear it worked out for you, and good to know of a good shop in Sonora, since I ride through there frequently.  Sounds like you had a great ride, looking forward to the report.  :great:

Bank does that to me all the time. I go to BC a few times a year. I call the bank and tell them I am traveling to BC. They still lock up the card and I spend 1/2 hour on the phone with them.