• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

her Duc

Stevewfl

SRW_1175.jpg

and her....
SRW_1276-1.jpg

SRW_1303.jpg

Love those images, Steve!  That combination of sunset and flash works well.  Is that down on Davis Island?

Thanks!  I used a superfast shutter speed to squelch the bright sun, then used a studio light/umbrella to light her up.

Its not at Davis, it was at a place called "Desoto Park" just south of YBOR city a few blocks or so

Have you played with gels on the flash?  You can get some very interesting effects with the sunset as a background - giving her skin that golden look.

ChipDoc said:
Have you played with gels on the flash?  You can get some very interesting effects with the sunset as a background - giving her skin that golden look.

Yes sir, I use gels at times but her skin is really super white and redhead clear like that. I agree a half CTO gel would've better balanced the light with the ambient  =)