• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hey all, new to the COG!

Happy to be here.

My motorcycle life began a little over a year ago with a cheap 1980 Suzuki GS550L.  After the clutch cable broke on me while 20 minutes into a 1 hour ride, and the bike wouldn't start due to some sort of electrical problem, I started looking for a newer bike.  The reputation of the Connie preceded her, and I got a really well-maintained 2001 Connie on craigslist.

I've not had time to do much more than order oil for an oil change, but I have ridden the Connie, and I absolutely LOVE the experience.  I look forward to many more experiences with the bike and on these forums.

Yes, indeed welcome. Your pretty much starting off on a C10. That's pretty impressive to really start on a big bike like it. But I can see why you love it. Most of us on here have had similar experiences!

Taliesin said:
Happy to be here.

My motorcycle life began a little over a year ago with a cheap 1980 Suzuki GS550L.  After the clutch cable broke on me while 20 minutes into a 1 hour ride, and the bike wouldn't start due to some sort of electrical problem, I started looking for a newer bike.  The reputation of the Connie preceded her, and I got a really well-maintained 2001 Connie on craigslist.

I've not had time to do much more than order oil for an oil change, but I have ridden the Connie, and I absolutely LOVE the experience.  I look forward to many more experiences with the bike and on these forums.

Welcome to the forum !!  :D

Hi Chris and welcome to the COG forum.  I hope you enjoy your bike and that you consider joining the club and being more than a forum subscriber.

Welcome Taliesin,  Really like your alias.  That is the title of the first book in one of my favorite fantasy series,  The "Pendragon" series.
My experience was similar to yours in that I started riding again after 20 years on a 1982 GS650GL. 

I put a little over 2500 miles on my little GS550L.  Learned some good habits on it...and some bad ones.  I'm a a pretty conservative rider, and LOVE the Connie so far.  Starting out on the Zuki taught me a lot about wrenching and tuning.  First thing I did with it was to disassemble the carbs for a complete clean/dip/ and then sync.  So I'm not completely starting out fresh on a C10, but compared to how long/far most of you have been riding, I'm sure it's a miniscule amount.  :)

I would like to become more than just a forum member, but right now (as with many) money is pretty tight, and I want to keep my AMA membership for now.  If things pick up, I will most definitely spring for the paying membership.

Sawfiler, that's exactly where I got my alias.  Lawhead really hit one out of the park with that series.  Since you like that one, you should check out Hood, Scarlett, and Tuck, which is his take on Robin Hood.  Really enjoyable.

Talisin,

Welcome to the forum, I'm a few miles west of you in Manteca.  In fact, I graduated from Oakdale High back in the day.  ;)

Gary

Hey that's awesome.  Drive around Manteca every once in awhile.  Bought my bike from a nice guy in Stockton.  Also awesome about you being from Oakdale.  lol.