• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hi from England, part two!

Hi there, Mike here, been away for maybe 2 years...time flies :eek:
I've had a pretty rough time recently, was taken seriously ill with pancreatitis recurrance, after 12 years of no drink, drugs or smokes, just came back and sent me back to hospital.
Had to give up my work as self employed plumber, so finances been bad....then my ex wife was diagnosed with liver cancer, June this year and passed away shortly after šŸ˜„
So I've been getting over my illness and looking after our son, he was devastated losing his mum, me too as we stayed good friends...
Now! Things are getting back on track, I'm almost fully recovered, and have just started planning getting my trusty gtr1000 back on the road šŸ˜
It's been laid up outside for over 2 years and is looking rough! The wheels I repainted and polished look awful, just totally covered in alloy corrosion, brakes seized, tyres ruined, tank got a tiny leak on a seam, paint dulled, even the seat cover is cut up by my cat clawing on it!
The thought of riding it has helped me progress through this bad time, just today I found a perfect fuel tank, correct colour, 1995 A9 dark red: so the 'Project Gtr #2 ' has begun! šŸ˜

Welcome back ! Man , alot can happen in a couple years huh ? Good luck getting back on the horse . Riding is great therapy !
:motonoises:

Indeed...welcome back! I have found that having a focused project motorcycle or two has been a tremendous help in getting through some tough times. I hope for healing with you and your son.

Welcome back Jacksdad.Ā  Happy "Thanksgiving"Ā  from the Colonies...
Sorry to hear of all the issues.
Hope your recovery continues at an even faster rate...

Ride safe, Ted

Well I got nothing but sympathy for you brother. Keep on moving forward.
Glad to hear all is looking up.
Cheers and ride safe!

Hi there, thanks for the reply! It was a few months back but my situation is just improving, bike has been unused since the post, but is almost rebuilt right now, just need to get the carbs fine tuned, then replace all the bodywork.
I've just about rebuilt the entire bike! All brakes stripped and repainted, new seals and EBC pads, replaced all wheel bearings and repainted, rebuilt forks, new headstock bearings, rebuilt cylinder head fitted plus new camchain, and I have a pair of Avon 3DXM tyres ready to fitĀ  :-\
Almost there at last! Hoping to catch the end of Summer and then Autumn, plus I ride all year round, love getting out on ice cold and dry winter days for a quick ride outĀ  ;D

Welcome back Mike,
I somehow never saw your post back in November.
Glad ya beat the Pancreatitis again but sad news about your ex.
Get that GTR rolling and get out there and blow away those blues.Ā  :motonoises: :great: