• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hooks on Front Edge of Tank Cover Question

RangerRay

I notice on my 2021 there are two "hooks" on the front edge of the plastic tank cover at the front of the fuel tank. What are these hooks for? I'd assume that they are possibly for an accessory tank bag that Kawasaki may or may not offer. I haven't ran across this in the owners manual.

Tank bag straps. The non magnetic type have a front harness with 2 clips that attach to the mounting pad and a single rear clip that attaches to the frame under the seat and then to the rear of the mounting pad. I can send u a pic to clarify

Last edited:
Tank bag straps. The non metallic type have a front harness with 2 clips that attach to the mounting pad and a single rear clip that attaches to the frame under the seat and then to the rear of the mounting pad. I can send u a pic to clarify

Yes pls send pictures. I'm looking at tank bags right now too. Thx, AB

I have a tourmaster.. bag itself zips on to the pad... for gas stops i simply unclip the front 2 clips and rotate the bag onto the seat...helps to have it adjusted properly so ur not struggling to re-clip it together.

Attachments

• 1635548662667129130637856372952.jpg
    1635548662667129130637856372952.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 134
  • 16355487547791519317021200015156.jpg
    16355487547791519317021200015156.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 132
For those who have different tank bags...what's the preferred setup for a 2010-up - Kawasaki accessory, Tourmaster, something else?

Preferred set up? There’s probably not anything preferred, but what one desires. I had used a magnetic tank bag in years past. There’s certainly enough metal there to make that work. But, I went with a smaller bag that attaches to a snap ring installed on my gas tankfuel filter ring. My tank bag doesn’t touch any paint or plastic when I’m use.

Preferred set up? There’s probably not anything preferred, but what one desires. I had used a magnetic tank bag in years past. There’s certainly enough metal there to make that work. But, I went with a smaller bag that attaches to a snap ring installed on my gas tankfuel filter ring. My tank bag doesn’t touch any paint or plastic when I’m use.
This ^^^^

I've been using magnetic tank bags for many years (decades?). I have two different sizes and they work fine on the Concours as well as other bikes that I have. Plus, they can be moved from bike to bike in seconds.

I use and like the SW-Motech bags that mount to a SW-Motech tank ring. The bags do not rub on the tank and can be swapped out or moved to another bike in seconds. I have a day bag and touring bag.

I use and like the SW-Motech bags that mount to a SW-Motech tank ring. The bags do not rub on the tank and can be swapped out or moved to another bike in seconds. I have a day bag and touring bag.
That’s where I got my Ion tank bag. I like that nothing rubs my paint.

I like this idea. They'll work with the 2008-09 and 2010-up models with equal facility, y/n?

I like this idea. They'll work with the 2008-09 and 2010-up models with equal facility, y/n?
Yep - this is what I am using and has fitment to all years... TYPE 140 EVO tank ring.
I just noticed that they have a new PRO tank ring and bags to attach. Doesn;t look like they mix n match.

Yep - this is what I am using and has fitment to all years... TYPE 140 EVO tank ring.

The lock ring will bolt up to all years but the bag will not work on 08 - 09 with glove box installed. Glove box is to tall for the bag to snap onto lock ring. I removed the glove since it was pretty useless anyway & fabricated a cover to cover the area where glove box was.

The lock ring will bolt up to all years but the bag will not work on 08 - 09 with glove box installed. Glove box is to tall for the bag to snap onto lock ring. I removed the glove since it was pretty useless anyway & fabricated a cover to cover the area where glove box was.
I use my '08's glove box as a carrier for a J&M Bluetooth dongle, among other things. That bike has a v46 installed so there's adequate storage.

The one that I'm contemplating a tank bag installation is being fitted with a C14P radio box in place of its existing v46. Storage will be reduced to what can be carried in the saddlebags or the glove box, though I'm going to mount a Givi S150 rack on the radio box lid. A decent tank bag will be a handy thing to have.