• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Horseshoe Mountian Rendevous #4

MotoCommuter said:
So, looks like the SE is leading the attendee count for this event. I know of a couple more SE members that were talking about attending but haven't signed up yet.

Looking forward to that famous Burnette Hospitality!!

Bullfrog - for sure - might be three guys going in a car but still . . .

Howenwald - if Ewa lets me - I might have to go to a play or something equally annoying :truce: in NYC  :mad:

Cliff's - I would have to high-tail it for NYC early on Sunday. Y'all know how much I like to take my time breaking camp and being last to leave .... especially if we get into some paint stick drumming on plastic chairs with Larry on guitar, 2 drummers, three singers and every iPhone following the lyrics all night Sat . . . . Oh man I wanna go to Cliff's

Molly misses me too I know it  :beerchug:

Kay and I are looking forward to this rally.

There looks to be many of my favorite low life ne'er–do–well COG'ers will be in attendance, especially the SE crew.  :beerchug:

Been thinking about where to ride, we'll probably take the long way to the Oark Cafe on Friday for lunch and then ride to Mountain Home via Push Mountain on Saturday.

My local GW shop had a box of 2017 "Arkansas Motorcycling Guide" books ( http://www.arkansas.com/motorcycling ), it has several routes along with some dual sport ones. I did notice that the TAT is very close to Greenbrier, might be of interest to some of you DS guys/gals.

MotoCommuter said:
I did notice that the TAT is very close to Greenbrier, might be of interest to some of you DS guys/gals.

I'm looking at riding the eastern portion on the way in Tuesday or Wednesday. Anyone else interested? Oh, and I will NOT be on the C10 for this ride.

Randy

Definitely will have the Dual Sport bike and so will Tom W. anybody have any tracks they would like to share ?

Also I think when I audited the attendees it looks like once again the North Central Area has the most folks signed up. :)

We just got home from the Wildflower ride.
Good news!
We arranged to have the Storms and Tornado Warnings there,, so there shouldn't be any at Cliff's.

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
We just got home from the Wildflower ride.
Good news!
We arranged to have the Storms and Tornado Warnings there,, so there shouldn't be any at Cliff's.

Ride safe, Ted

We discussed an alternate activity last weekend, if it rains again, we are setting up a "Slip & Bleed" down the hill. Cliff says he has enough plastic vinyl, just add soap and slip and slide. That may be front page Concourier material, 40 semi naked old fat guys sliding down a hill, of course with helmets on!!!

IT will never work!  :truce: :truce:

Only the Southern Guys will participate...
B'kuz,,, There is NO way you'll get them "Northern Guys"  near soap!  :nananana:

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:

B'kuz,,, There is NO way you'll get them "Northern Guys"  near soap!  :nananana:

Ride safe, Ted

WOW, way to go Ted, Remind me to never hire you in customer relations.

Discussion was getting a little boring.

I figured "somebody" had to stir up a little controversy.  >:D
"annnndddd then''',,, MotoCommuter gave me an opening..

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
        Discussion was getting a little boring.

I figured "somebody" had to stir up a little controversy.  >:D
"annnndddd then''',,, MotoCommuter gave me an opening..

Ride safe, Ted

Glad to assist!!

LSGiant said:
Anybody have any tracks they would like to share ?

Here are the Arkansas 500 routes for next week's rides.

Attachments

• Trx Day 1 AR500 2017.gpx
    93.9 KB · Views: 121
  • Trx Day 2 AR500 2017.gpx
    133.2 KB · Views: 98
  • Trx Day 3 AR500 2017.gpx
    76.6 KB · Views: 106
connie_rider said:

Ride safe, Ted

Why would we need soap ? Everything slippery up here is usually frozen.

LSGiant said:
handyman said:
LSGiant said:

Thanks those are cool anything any closer to Greenbrier ?

Ozark National Forest looks to be about 20 miles from Greenbrier. Quick look on Basecamp has a few back roads leading to one of the routes I posted.

ADVRider has a thread on the Arkansas 500 and I'm sure there will be info attached to the thread IRT local highlights.

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/arkansas-500-april-7-9-2017.1200806/page-8#post-31934069

handyman said:
LSGiant said:
handyman said:
LSGiant said:

Thanks those are cool anything any closer to Greenbrier ?

Ozark National Forest looks to be about 20 miles from Greenbrier. Quick look on Basecamp has a few back roads leading to one of the routes I posted.

ADVRider has a thread on the Arkansas 500 and I'm sure there will be info attached to the thread IRT local highlights.

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/arkansas-500-april-7-9-2017.1200806/page-8#post-31934069

Yes I looked on Basecamp also. If North and West is where I need to go I will make it happen. Thanks again for the Tracks.

Hey Kurt, do we want to set up a tentative assembly point at that Pilot station again for those of us us coming from east of the Mississippi?

I can be at the Pilot West Memphis AR at about 1pm. I won't be able to leave B-ham until 9am and its about 4 hours with one fuel stop. If that works for everyone, let me know.

Kay and will be making a stop at Julie's in Conway for some pie to go as well!!

Is there an address to this event or will I simply see road side signs pointing the way upon entering into Arkansas?

Cliff's house - - > 

Sailor_chic said:
Is there an address to this event or will I simply see road side signs pointing the way upon entering into Arkansas?

Cliff's house - - >

Just follow the stream of bikes to his house.

Check your COG PM.

Guys, what route are you taking from West Memphis to Cliff's? Are you running I40 or taking the back roads?

I'm assuming Thursday so we'll meet at the Wendy's at the Pilot truck stop in west Memphis Arkansas at 1:00. For anyone who wants to meet up, the Pilot station we're talking about is on the north side of I 40 or on your right as heading west and it kind of sneaks up on you. When you see it get off on the first ramp you come to and it's pretty quick.

Sailor_chic said:

Cliff's house - - >

Nicole, sent you a text with my address.

Clay49 said:
Guys, what route are you taking from West Memphis to Cliff's? Are you running I40 or taking the back roads?

From Memphis I prefer going up 55 to Marion & taking 64 to Bald Knob, then 67 to Searcy, 36 to Rose Bud, 121 to Quitman, 25 to Greenbrier.

I-40 from Memphis to Little Rock sucks terribly even though it is about 30 minutes quicker.

Cliff  :beerchug:

Tinsailor said:
I'm assuming Thursday so we'll meet at the Wendy's at the Pilot truck stop in west Memphis Arkansas at 1:00. For anyone who wants to meet up, the Pilot station we're talking about is on the north side of I 40 or on your right as heading west and it kind of sneaks up on you. When you see it get off on the first ramp you come to and it's pretty quick.

Yep, Thursday.

Thanks everyone for the information.
I'm planning on leaving S. FL Sunday morning and going to Arkansas via North Carolina and hoping to arrive on Wed. Hope that is okay Cliff?

Sailor_chic said:
I'm planning on leaving S. FL Sunday morning and going to Arkansas via North Carolina and hoping to arrive on Wed. Hope that is okay Cliff?

I am planning on arriving Wednesday as well. Not sure when my team is arriving yet (Ted & Bob).

Sailor_chic said:

Grab Shawn and spend some time in my world ! We could ride around the Smokies on Wed -  :motonoises:

Ok I have a few ride routes mapped out, just need the next two weeks to move a little faster so we can get this thing started. 

Just 10 days left to register & 10 spots to fill!

Jim Snyder said:
Ok I have a few ride routes mapped out, just need the next two weeks to move a little faster so we can get this thing started. 

I think Jim's excited! Weather is gonna be nice this weekend. What are your 3 favorite roads Jim? I'll go ride them for you Sunday  :nananana: :rotflmao:.

Just Cliff said:

Jim Snyder said:

I think Jim's excited! Weather is gonna be nice this weekend. What are your 3 favorite roads Jim? I'll go ride them for you Sunday  :nananana: :rotflmao:.

Well I like the look of 16 from Clinton to Tilly, and of course 123 south of Mt. Judea and 341 Push Mountain road.
That is a good start. Let me know of some others that are as good or better so I can start mapping them out.
I hate that you have to go to all that work to ride these boring roads before we get there. But its dirty work but
somebody has to do it right.  :beerchug:

Sailor_chic said:

Cliff's house - - >

Me too. Me too. Address please?

TIA.

SteveJ. said:
Sailor_chic said:

Cliff's house - - >

Me too. Me too. Address please?

TIA.

Steve, sent you a email with info.

For future reference, my address can be looked in the members handbook along with my ph.#. Or email me directly.

There is a reason I don't post it or a map to my place on open forum.

See y'all in a couple weeks!

Man, just got the schedule for both of my boys upcoming flag football spring seasons....  I would miss 4 games total attending this ride!  I just can't do it....  But, glad I got to see you guys at the Hohenwald Rally, that was a blast!  I may have to pull the plug on the next season of Spring flag!  :)  and then hope it's not on Drew's birthday...!

would love to make this, but the best I can do is a drive by on Friday about noon or 1, gotta put the kids on the bus Friday morning for school before I can head out of Jackson. I am already booked for camping up in MO for the weekend but my route takes me right past Greenbriar so a quick stop to meet some folks face to face would be awesome.

Jim Snyder said:
Just Cliff said:

Jim Snyder said:

It'll be a sacrifice but someone's gotta do it!

For roads, I prefer 16 west of 7. Full of fast sweepers & good pavement. East of 7 is just ok for me.

Here's a short list off the top of my head. 254 between 65 & 27. 215 between 103 & 23. Most all of 9. 21 from Clarksville to Kingston. 327 between 74 & 16. 377 between 16 & 65. Of course 123, all of it. Bottom 1/2 of 341. Then random #'s 14, 9, 27, 74. There are many more but that's a short list without checking a map.

Well I like the look of 16 from Clinton to Tilly, and of course 123 south of Mt. Judea and 341 Push Mountain road.
That is a good start. Let me know of some others that are as good or better so I can start mapping them out.
I hate that you have to go to all that work to ride these boring roads before we get there. But its dirty work but
somebody has to do it right.  :beerchug:

Moto2wheelin said:
Man, just got the schedule for both of my boys upcoming flag football spring seasons....  I would miss 4 games total attending this ride!  I just can't do it....  But, glad I got to see you guys at the Hohenwald Rally, that was a blast!  I may have to pull the plug on the next season of Spring flag!  :)  and then hope it's not on Drew's birthday...!

Maybe next time Brian, gotta take care of those kids. It was good to see you in Hohenwald.

Warwgn said:
would love to make this, but the best I can do is a drive by on Friday about noon or 1, gotta put the kids on the bus Friday morning for school before I can head out of Jackson. I am already booked for camping up in MO for the weekend but my route takes me right past Greenbriar so a quick stop to meet some folks face to face would be awesome.

You're more than welcome to stop by. Better yet, scrap MO it's always there. This only happens once a year.

If your route takes you up 65, you'll be with in 5 miles of me. Don't know what your route plans are but I'm from Madison & make the trip often. This my way, 49 north to 14. Then west on 14 to 61. North on 61 to 438, west on 438 to 1. North on 1 to 454. Cross the bridge at Lake Village, 530 North to I-40.

Warwgn said:

COG extreme value: $25 rally for 3 nights and food. You don't even have to like us to want to join in on the fun! It's just smart :) 

Oh and if you camp next to Roman you get free music all night long  :))

Just Cliff said:
You're more than welcome to stop by. Better yet, scrap MO it's always there. This only happens once a year.

If your route takes you up 65, you'll be with in 5 miles of me. Don't know what your route plans are but I'm from Madison & make the trip often. This my way, 49 north to 14. Then west on 14 to 61. North on 61 to 438, west on 438 to 1. North on 1 to 454. Cross the bridge at Lake Village, 530 North to I-40.

yep that is the way I was planning, then continue west over to ozark then 23 up to eureka springs and on to wheatland which is a little north of Springfield. The camp out I am going to is a once a year deal too, got a lot of folks coming down from the north I havent seen in a while so gotta make it. But for sure I want to stop by on Friday. I sent you an email to get directions.

Howdy Cliff,

After some technical difficulties and laziness, I finally got my membership back up to date. :)

I am registered for the Horseshoe (with not much time to spare :-[) and really looking forward to it!

Fais, don't hate me, because I love you man!  I'm picking you up in Knox, just need to figure out when I can get the kick-stand up.  Monday sometime.

Shawn

Shawn said:
Howdy Cliff,

After some technical difficulties and laziness, I finally got my membership back up to date. :)

I am registered for the Horseshoe (with not much time to spare :-[) and really looking forward to it!

Fais, don't hate me, because I love you man!  I'm picking you up in Knox, just need to figure out when I can get the kick-stand up.  Monday sometime.

Shawn

Oh come on - who could hate this face??

:))      :))      :))

Fais said:
Shawn said:
Howdy Cliff,

Shawn

Oh come on - who could hate this face??

:))      :))      :))

I like this one better.  I've made progress...I don't have to be connected to another man with a funny look on his face! :rotflmao: 

More importantly, I'll be in touch about next week.

Attachments

• Jump1.png
    Jump1.png
    277.5 KB · Views: 130
Fais said:
Warwgn said:

COG extreme value: $25 rally for 3 nights and food. You don't even have to like us to want to join in on the fun! It's just smart :) 

Oh and if you camp next to Roman you get free music all night long  :))
Sorry Fais.  :mad: :mad: :mad:
No more FREE music!!!  :85: :85: :85:
I went to see a good  doctor :96: :96: :96:

It was MONO before and now it is in STEREO. I have to charge.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:1rij: :1rij: :1rij:

My new tent has a pretty loud compressor - don't think I'll be hearing any snoring from you guys anymore:

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Anybody coming thru Tennessee want to met up with Glenn and me at the pilot station on I-40 at exit 143, that's the waverly exit, about 8:30 and wheels up at 9:00 Thursday, come on and go with us. Then we'll meet up with the other bunch in west Memphis about 12-1.

On Thursday, for anybody coming thru Tennessee what would like to meet up with me and Glenn, we'll be at the pilot station on I-40,exit 143, the Waverly exit on Hwy 13 about 8:30 and wheels up about 9:00 and then meet up with the others in West Memphis about 12:00- 1:00

Doubt I can attend now, and bummed about it.

Trike is in shop for a transmission rebuild. Seems Myrtle Beach HD didn't fill the transmission case (3 different cases on HD) all the way, and 3rd gear grenaded on me. Back on the road in two weeks.

Oh well, its life, and soon enough it will be a funny memory, maybe.................

Gypsy JR said:

Trike is in shop for a transmission rebuild. Seems Myrtle Beach HD didn't fill the transmission case (3 different cases on HD) all the way, and 3rd gear grenaded on me. Back on the road in two weeks.

Oh well, its life, and soon enough it will be a funny memory, maybe.................

Man, that's crap sandwich :(

Hope the trike gets back to snuff soon.

Gypsy JR said:

[/quote

They should provide you a loaner.

Fais said:
My new tent has a pretty loud compressor - don't think I'll be hearing any snoring from you guys anymore:

:rotflmao:    Fais, You just gave new meaning to AIR B&B. ;)  Alan in  S. Fl  :)

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Hanging out at an Army Corps park just east of Fayetteville(Hickory Creek) until departure on Wednesday to Cliff's. Just warming up some on NW Ark roads.  :motonoises: :motonoises:

Registration is officially closed. If someone would still like to come just contact me. We will have enough extra food for a few more people. Only a few available spots left anyway before hitting the limit.

Now it's time for the prep work to kick into high gear.

Looking forward to this, gonna be a great crowd with a lot of new faces  :).

Can you arrange for it not to be raining Friday afternoon when I show up, at least for like an hour or so :great:

Warwgn said:
Can you arrange for it not to be raining Friday afternoon when I show up, at least for like an hour or so :great:

60% chance it want be, but depending on how your luck runs 40% chance it will be  :??:.

12SLAG said:
I can't cart a guitar, but if one were to show up, I would play it ......... ;)

I would bring my Hammond B3 and 122 Leslie, but it is hard to tie down on the bike.

LeslieBlog-1.jpg

gr33nmAn

Just Cliff said:
Warwgn said:

60% chance it want be, but depending on how your luck runs 40% chance it will be  :??:.

Kind of hope it does rain, that gives the NC guys an opportunity to bath, now if we can just get them to use soap.......  :nananana:  :rotflmao:

Just Cliff said:
12SLAG said:

Started working on that as soon as I saw your name on the list Larry  :).

If you can come up with a Hammond and Leslie, then it will be impressive!!!!! :beerchug:

Just Cliff said:
Registration is officially closed. If someone would still like to come just contact me. We will have enough extra food for a few more people. Only a few available spots left anyway before hitting the limit.

Hey, Cliff - just sent you a note through the registration.  My weekend popped open & I'd love to join y'all (sorry, but it looks like I'm bringing rain too). 

Can't get out until first thing Friday but a couple nights down there is just what the shrink ordered.

Let me know - thanks!

bikerhawk said:
Just Cliff said:

Hey, Cliff - just sent you a note through the registration.  My weekend popped open & I'd love to join y'all (sorry, but it looks like I'm bringing rain too). 

Can't get out until first thing Friday but a couple nights down there is just what the shrink ordered.

Let me know - thanks!

Yes, come on down  :motonoises:!

Final mowing for pasture done today, grocery shopping done today, wood cut, just need to finish up with the dining hall tomorrow (clean shop). 

I think we're ready  :)!

kv5e said:
Just Cliff said:
12SLAG said:

Started working on that as soon as I saw your name on the list Larry  :).

If you can come up with a Hammond and Leslie, then it will be impressive!!!!! :beerchug:

Guitar secured. Hammond & Leslie, well there out there somewhere I guess just want be here. My powers do have limits.

bikerhawk said:
Just Cliff said:

Let me know - thanks

Hey Tom, it'll be good to see ya. I'm stuck camping at Beaver lake near Fayetteville having to ride the Versys on all these sucky roads. Heading to Cliff's on Thur. I'll save you a spot.

SteveJ. said:
Hey Tom, it'll be good to see ya. I'm stuck camping at Beaver lake near Fayetteville having to ride the Versys on all these sucky roads. Heading to Cliff's on Thur. I'll save you a spot.

Same at ya. Worksux has been, well...extra sucky lately, so it'll be a good break.

I'm sure you're suffering badly down there. Good luck finding a decent road that Versys can handle, eh?

See ya Friday sometime.

Shall I call Sardis and let them know you will be in the area and available for chef duty? May as well earn a few bucks along the way. Seems You've done that before...

Just leaving SW Wisconsin, 45 deg F and overcast. Will hit T-storms near Cedar  Rapids, Iowa.  A little into Missourri it is expected to be 80+ deg. I am not a SE'er, but am a NC'er. I have Fireball and Blackberry in the saddlebags!

Will make Greenbrier sometime Thursday PM. Everyone ride safe.

Roman and Shawn showed up yesterday. They made me detail their bikes and today tbey are forcimg me to take them on a ride. I suppose some Tail of the Dragon pics and lunch in Fontana Village should satisfy their straight FL sensibilities :D

Tomorrow - ClIfF's  :motonoises:

Hey Cliff, did ya find me a drum kit? I prefer Pearl drums made from Canadian Maple 🍁  :)

Looking forward to seeing you all (except Ted)  :nananana:

:beerchug:

Hey Fais,,, Pttttttttt !!  :p

Jim and I will be arriving Thursday.
(Cliff)  Bob won't be able to make it with the Motor home, so don't worry about where to park it.
I guess it's back to tents....

Ride safe, Ted

Update: My bags (and tent) are packed, I'm ready to go,,,,,,,
            So, I'm leaving now!!

12Z NAM model showed periods of rain starting Thursday afternoon. It appears that the cold front pushes through Early Saturday evening and rain chances fail to near 0 after 7PM.

This bodes well for the MOAF on Saturday night!  :campfire:

Craig

Nail on the head there Fais.  So looking forward to seeing everyone "except Ted".
  :nananana:  :rotflmao:  :nananana:  :rotflmao:

Sorry but my Friday drive by is cancelled, due to the weather forecast in MO, looks like I will be heading south east on Friday, working a plan with some buddies for a weekend in Panama City Fl. Will catch yall around the way.

Well...my C-10 is now grounded.

While doing the springtime oil change & general inspection, "let's check out that little brake issue while it's on the lift" turned into "the left front rotor is not what I call warped, but more 'dished' so that the outer edge curves toward the fork tube..to the point where it's been eating into the inboard pad sliders and caliper mount."

My options are:
--Steal Lisa's C-10: negative, she needs new tires.
--Steal a good rotor from her bike (which SHE actually suggested I do): negative, no more time available to do that. Probably not the safest idea anyway.
--(gulp) Throw my stuff in a cage & 4-wheel it down there. Now, the cage is a convertible, so all isn't completely lost...yep, that's what's gonna happen.

So we'll still see you all Friday, only in the old red VW Cabriolet. I might even bring the offending rotor with me for inspection...

Well our gold tent got us the designation as "Trump Tower". We are making America great again two wheels at a time.

Attachments

• 32120177541.jpg
    32120177541.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 134
The way the weather is looking you will need the canopy.      Eddy, The red bike looks like Romans. Maybe.      Alan in S. Fl :)

Alan_Yucius_FL said:
The way the weather is looking you will need the canopy.      Eddy, The red bike looks like Romans. Maybe.      Alan in S. Fl :)

Weather, smeather we rode 100 miles today in the rain to get back to camp. We be tough.

Jim Snyder said:
Alan_Yucius_FL said:

Weather, smeather we rode 100 miles today in the rain to get back to camp. We be tough.

;) If you are there to ride the roads you have better get going and enjoy the dry weather before the sun goes down. BE SAFE  :motonoises:  Alan in S. Fl.      Did Nicole make it there? What about Al Norcross??

i had a great food, good times for my first HMR. i thought we had a little rain there, but it poured on me after Memphis to Murfreesboro . home safe and thanks to cliff, family and all the south central crew.

Yea we rode in the suck from Memphis home but it's all good. Thanks to Cliff and his family for having us over again.