• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

how to find posts by author?

Mercer

In search of posts by Freddy I can only view one page of his listings. He has approximately 650 posts showing in his profile. How do I access rest?
Thanks

Been a month or more now 84 views and still no answer? Went back and tried to view older posts by Freddy regarding his ABS conversion of a C10/ZG/GTR1000. As noted above he has 650 posts, but one can not see past a one/first page summary. Search feature on forum is useless in this endeavor. Insights anyone?

Lol... i cant even pull up that page..

When i search via member name, if theres more than 1 page it says so at the bottom and u can advance to the next page(s). Ive yet to check how many posts 'freddy' has. Sorry ive been no help...

...and just doing a general search shows several c10 brake conversions regarding swapping calibers. I dont know how one would be able to add the necessary plumbing/pump abs sensors to a c10...

Why dont you start a conversation with him...? Maybe he can then direct u to what ur looking for..just a thought

You would think using search for c10 ABS would work but it brings up almost everything but . Google brings up some links but they don't seem to work .

The thread you are looking may be this one:

Use this link to search for any antilock topics:

Most site search engines (being far less sophisticated than Google) will not search on three letter words. They get far to many results so are just ignored.
ABS = ABS, abs, crabs, absolute, etc. etc.

This obviously causes problems searching for something like the acronym ABS, so your best bet is to find associated words - Steve used anitlock in his example, but you could also try "anti" or "brake" or "lock" or "conversion" or "stopping"...
If you can use two associated words it can narrow down the results if needed

And in the case of the OP, here on XF's forum search in the upper right corner, I would enter "brake" in the search box and "Freddy" in to the By field - it brings up all the times Freddy mentions brake

Goggle results are probably still mainly showing links to the old SMF forum so they no longer work. Over time, Google will find the new links in the XF forum and update their search results to point to the new locations.

Thanks to all for tips! Searching is an art form do believe. Freddy and I have conversed via web. I was using him as example of how search fails here on our website. Will try all tips above surely!