• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hunt for Red October coming up fast on 10/13

2fast

Crotch Rocket
Looks like we need to do a little advertising for the 18th Hunt for Red October :beerchug: :) :beerchug:

Getcher self over to the calendar of events and register for the event.......the powers that be will need a head count for the dinner. Don't miss this one, it's always a good time!

Info from the calendar:

It's the signature end-of-the-season ride, so mark it down on your calendar.  We’ll meet for lunch around Noon on Saturday at the Sparta Family Restaurant (formerly the Country Kitchen) in Sparta, WI. After lunch, we'll ride a variety of great southwestern Wisconsin roads to Dodgeville. 

Dinner on Saturday night and “ride central” will again be at the Don Q Inn (800-666-7848 or 608-935-2321). They’ve generally set aside about 25 rooms for us at a special rate but will only hold them till September 1, so get your reservations in early.

We hope to keep the price of dinner at $20/person, but we're still negotiating with the caterer - Update to follow. The cost of the dinner will be collected in Dodgeville. If you're planning on attending the dinner banquet on Saturday night, please indicate this in the comment section when you register so we have an accurate headcount to provide the caterers.

If you RSVP for the dinner and later determine that you can't make it, please notify Dave McClurg as soon as possible. You will be asked to pay for the dinner if you RSVP and you don't show up (since we will be on the hook with the caterers).

Chicago to Sparta Group Ride.  We'll meet and depart at 7:00 AM from Steve Pronto's residence (1821 IL RT 176, Crystal Lake, IL 60014). ETA at the Country Kitchen in Sparta will be 11:30 AM. Please make sure to RSVP so we have an idea of how big the group will be. It would also be appreciated if you could contact Steve to let him know you're joining the group. Contact Steve Pronto with any questions regarding the Chicago Group ride.

Milwaukee to Sparta Group Ride.  The Milwaukee group will meet at the McDonald's in Delafield at 8:00 AM. We'll meet other riders on the north side of the Wisconsin River at the Merrimac Ferry at approx. 10:00 AM, before moving on to Sparta. Contact Dave McClurg with any questions regarding the Milwaukee Group ride.

Minnesota Group Ride to Sparta.  The Minnesota group will meet at the Perkins Restaurant in Stillwater at 7:30 AM for breakfast.  We'll depart for Sparta at 8:30 AM. Arrive earlier if you're interested in breakfast. Contact Randy Schafer with any questions regarding the Minnesota Group ride.

im about an hour south of brooking.  Not signed up on the COG site.  I would love to come but i found out about everything a little late. no time to plan for this weekend.  But I am really wanting to go.  Im gonna have to try to make it out next year.

No planning required call the Don Q and see if there is a room? if yes be at Sparta at noon and get a route and head for Dodgeville.

Just email Dave McClurg that your coming.

I'll introduce you to the guy that lives in Brookings :)

It's not even the planning for the event that is the issue. I just saw this last week and have no time to prepare the funds that are involved with that long of an excursion.  I can make excuses all day. But the bottom line is I know now and will be there next year. I have been wanting to explore Wisconsin for a while.  >:D