• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

I looked but could not find tutorials on this group?

acr_scout

Bicycle
I am curious if there are tutorials and lessons learned on this group page anywhere. One of these days I would like to figure out the best practices for such things as changing oil, changing air filter, and other actions.

I know I read somewhere how to adjust the suspension but I cannot find it but what I recall is that it is super technical and not on a beginner's level. This is another thing I'd like to do, fine tune my suspension for me.

Thank you,
Fred

There is a Tech Pages section available from the clubs main menu at www.cog-online.org.

Also, full COG members have access to additional information and member benefits. The club's quarterly magazine The Concourier, has relevant technical articles submitted by members. There is a growing archive of past issues in the member only library. Also in the library is Best of Chalkdust, a compilation of technical tips and tricks.

Learning to use the Search Page (tab on top between "COG" and "Profile", not the box on the right labeled "Search") will find just about anything.

When you are on the Search page, type in enough words to limit the results to your liking, then uncheck the box labeled "check all" at the bottom left, click on the "plus sign" right above it and expand the list of boards to search.  In that list, select the ones you care about, most likely "Concours 14 / ZG1400 General Chat and Tech", "Tires/ Suspension C14", or "Accessories C14".

This will find you the most information in the fastest way, that hasn't been distilled down into the concise list you are asking for.

And then of course if you don't find what you are looking for, start a new thread, and someone will chime in.

C1xRider said:
Learning to use the Search Page (tab on top between "COG" and "Profile", not the box on the right labeled "Search") will find just about anything.

When you are on the Search page, type in enough words to limit the results to your liking, then uncheck the box labeled "check all" at the bottom left, click on the "plus sign" right above it and expand the list of boards to search.  In that list, select the ones you care about, most likely "Concours 14 / ZG1400 General Chat and Tech", "Tires/ Suspension C14", or "Accessories C14".

This will find you the most information in the fastest way, that hasn't been distilled down into the concise list you are asking for.

And then of course if you don't find what you are looking for, start a new thread, and someone will chime in.

Remarkable, thanks.

Also check out Fred Harmon's video series..  http://www.angelridevideos.com/concours.html    it literally takes you bolt by bolt through all the major (and minor) maint you will need to do on the C-14  (You should also get a factory service manual as it is a good compliment to Fred's videos)