• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

I need a 2nd generation Concours taillight lense

tbunder

Tricycle
my MTB fell into my taillight and a lever went right through it. anyone have a lense availalble? I'm in Iowa. Thx

with all the parts bikes floating around this site, someone must have a lens available. come on guys, stop reading and start helping if you can.

Well, most everyone might be out riding?

Anyways, so I'll bite. 
Second generation as in post '93 (C-10), or post 2007 (C-14)?
Referencing second generation, I think C-14. But, that is just an assumption.

if a C-10, I might be able to assist.

I imagine he meant C-10 since he posted under C-10 Emporium.  But you're right... you just never know for sure unless you ask.  I don't have a good lens, but FYI all years of C-10 have the same tail lens.  IHTH

not sure why I have only 2 posts- since I've been a member since last summer, but it's a C-10. and my name used to be tbunder, not Trav. what happened anyways?

Trav said:
not sure why I have only 2 posts- since I've been a member since last summer, but it's a C-10. and my name used to be tbunder, not Trav. what happened anyways?

nevermind, I found the original ZG website. must've registered for this one before I realized it made you pay to get valuable information.  :rotflmao:

OK, have a good day.  Just talked to my Winger Harley riding buddy in Kerrville and he thinks I may have one up there that I left when I moved south.  I could probably get it back with a little effort.

Or there's this one.
http://tinyurl.com/42adnx2

There, valuable research and information at absolutely no charge.  8)

Rev Ryder said:
OK, have a good day.  Just talked to my Winger Harley riding buddy in Kerrville and he thinks I may have one up there that I left when I moved south.  I could probably get it back with a little effort.

Or there's this one.
http://tinyurl.com/42adnx2

There, valuable research and information at absolutely no charge.  8)

that one on ebay looks damaged, or not up to my standards as my '01 is mint. plus, I don't really want the whole taillight assembly. I've found another on ebay for $20 shipped that is mint, but if I can just get the lens for cheaper around here, I will if someone is willing to sell.

I should clarify- when I said "2nd generation", I meant '94 to '06 Concours. And I am waiting on a reply from an ebay seller who has a nice one for $20 shipped. I just need the lens but will probably end up buying the whole assembly. I will let you know and thanks for the reply, and for not charging me.  :))

Hey Trav, sorry to be long getting back but I've been busy moving again the past few days.  Anyway, I cannot swear to the condition of my lens as it is 250 miles away from me right now.  If you're in a rush I can't do anything for ya.  But if you have some time to wait on me getting it back (probably a week or two until I can talk my bud into riding down here with it) then I'd let you have it for... mmmmm, I dunno... say the price of shipping it to you.

My whereabouts is near Houston, Texas, the lens is in Kerrville, Texas.  My bud called me Friday wanting to come down and go fishing this weekend, but I couldn't do it.  I asked him to come down THIS next weekend, but he said he couldn't do it... so I'm hoping to get him down here the following weekend (June 4th).  OR I will be up there on or about June 10th to stay a week at HUnt, Texas to lead a youth Leadership Conference at Mo-Ranch ( www.moranch.com ).  I can get the lens then and get it shipped.  Randy doesn't ship anything.  He's illiterate... he rides a Harley.    :rotflmao: