• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Idle Adjuster Froze

bonedizzle

My idle adjuster is frozen. Tried to turn the screw with a screw driver while holding the knurled portion with a vise clamp and started stripping the screw head... Is there a way I can adjust the idle by the throttle body?

My idle adjuster is frozen. Tried to turn the screw with a screw driver while holding the knurled portion with a vise clamp and started stripping the screw head... Is there a way I can adjust the idle by the throttle body?

I maybe reading your description of procedure wrong, but the knurled knob is what turns. Sounds like you were trying to turn the screw that holds the knurled knob on.

Well that could be it. I was trying to turn the screw, not the knurled knob. I will give it another shot. The service manual doesn't tell you much besides "turn the adjuster". Which direction raises the idle? clockwise or counter-clockwise?