• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

I'll be riding again!!!!!!

funsize

I got off the phone with Jacksonville Power Sports this morning.  They're the ones that are fixing my bike and they gave me the great news that my Vulcan S should be ready by Friday!  I can't wait to get back on Pearl and ride her. 

I'm still dealing with the other driver's insurance company.  He's still claiming it's my fault.  Go figure.

Irene

Bummer about the finances -- and BS approach of the driver to not take responsibility.

But great to hear that you're ready to ride and soon will have your bike in similar condition.

Ride on!

I spoke with my insurance company today and was told the insurance company of the driver who hit is taking full responsibility for the accident!  I thought they were going to drag their feet.  I'm glad this is over.

Irene

Ins Co $uck, I was in a car accident at a 4 way, other driver ran a red 90 degrees from my left. Had witness on the corner, driver got a ticket for running the light. His insurance was questioning why I didn't take evasive maneuvers to avoid the collision. Here in Ct you can be found partially responsible for an accident?!?!there was a two story building on the corner that blocked my view, I ended up putting in a complaint to our state insurance commissioner and got a settlement two days later. 

Good luck with the bike

connie_rider said:
Irene, I wasn't aware you had a crash?
I knew of foot surgery, was it related to a crash?

Ride safe, Ted

The foot surgery was not related to the crash.  The crash was on April 19th and the surgery was on December 6, 2017.  The guy was too busy on his phone to pay any attention that I was on the road.  Thankfully, I'm fine and my bike should be ready for me to pick up and ride her again.  I sure do miss riding.

Irene