• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Impressive rig...

S Smith

Northeast Area Director
...but what is it?  It's not a bike or trike.

attachment.php

OK I can already hear the comments. So try to be nice guys. But I do believe that it is suppose to be a tractor-trailer!  :rotflmao:

Actually, it's cool.  8)

That's one of the coolest wastes of cash I've ever seen.

Thanks for the post. Do you have any background on it?

Just Great!
I can hardly wait to get stuck behind fifty of these things in Texas Hill country.  :truce:

S Smith said:
...but what is it?  It's not a bike or trike.
Cannot be a trike, it's got four wheels.

Wait for it....

and two of them are Truck Tires!

So this answers the question of whether or not you can mount such tires on your Harley.  :motonoises:

It's another HD rider wishing he was a trucker!

Actually, it's to ride behind an HD group to put the broken ones in. Makes sense....

Rev Ryder said:
Just Great!
I can hardly wait to get stuck behind fifty of these things in Texas Hill country.  :truce:

I suspect the wait would be short.  Assuming there are taverns in Texas Hill Country!  :rotflmao:

All the pics i find on the internet show conventional forks.  i'd like to see more of the engineering shots. 

Bruce_Reafsnider_TN said:
Rev Ryder said:
Greg said:
So in this pic it only has one front wheel?

Look at rear wheels of the bike section; I think it's a different rig.

I think you're right, I also think it's a totally different rig.

I was just wondering also, that when they pass a "real" big rig what kind of buffeting they can handle and what about a sudden strong crosswind?

lol, I'd be scared to ride that at highway speed, let alone pass an 18 wheeler. I think it is just a show thing, parades and stuff.

fartymarty said:
ManWorkingHere said:
So this answers the question of whether or not you can mount such tires on your Harley.  :motonoises:

Oh great, another truck tires on bikes thread!  :-[

Mostly they want to put car tires on, some of the threads over at the hd forum are hilarious. I always ask them, ever watch pro stock and top fuel motorcycle drag racing? See those big wide slicks on back? See how wide a turn the rider has to make at the end of the run to get on the return path? And you want to ride a bike with a wide, flat, rear tire like that WHERE?

WillyP said:
lol, I'd be scared to ride that at highway speed, let alone pass an 18 wheeler. I think it is just a show thing, parades and stuff.
So, are you thinking that this rig gets hauled around on another tractor-trailer rig?

What would be the size of that ?
  :eek:

Privateer said:
fartymarty said:
Oh great, another truck tires on bikes thread!  :-[
Mostly they want to put car tires on....
(Just for the record, I was joking.)

Privateer said:
I always ask them, ever watch pro stock and top fuel motorcycle drag racing? See those big wide slicks on back? See how wide a turn the rider has to make at the end of the run to get on the return path? And you want to ride a bike with a wide, flat, rear tire like that WHERE?

Excellent, very good point, what do they say about that?  ???

ManWorkingHere said:
WillyP said:
So, are you thinking that this rig gets hauled around on another tractor-trailer rig?

What would be the size of that ?
  :eek:

I would say at least slightly bigger. Look at the size compered to the guy standing next too it, it could be hauled in a trailer towed behind a pickup truck. It's not that big.