• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Incident at Yaak 😃

kzz1king

Kind of a long story. I was filling up gas in eureka, Mt. Three other dignified riders pulled in, one on an old cbx 6 cylinder. I was visiting with the guys and they were going up to Yaak also. Let's stop to take some pictures and they passed me. Later on on the Yaak road I came around the corner and caught the side of a large hole in the road. Just a little ways up one of the guys was pulled over on his Indian. He had bent and cracked his rim. So I run his buddies down and we all came back. As we are coming back I noticed that my rear tire was a little low.

So I put it up on the center stand and found a small wire. Pulled out my plug kit and plugged it and it still had 35 lb of air. So then I hooked my pump up and it didn't work. I figured it was a switch but I didn't have a small enough screwdriver to take it apart so I ended up smashing it apart and then putting it back together after I bypass switch but I couldn't hold it together properly by then I was down to 20 lb of air.

One of the guys rolled that flat tire in Indian 25 miles back to town. He had it moving pretty good because they left me in the dirt. I was only traveling 45 miles an hour cuz I didn't want to heat the tires too much. After I got air I did finish up the Yaak ride.

The thinking though, about some of the places I ride by myself. Also got me thinking that I need a new pump 😜

Good story. Hate potholes on corners ...

How did the return ride go? Use that St Joe River route that you queried about earlier?

Good story. Hate potholes on corners ...

How did the return ride go? Use that St Joe River route that you queried about earlier?
No. I got to St Marie and there was construction and a detour. The detour consisted of clay or gravel with oil over it so I went back and took interstate to Missoula and then on to Lincoln for the night. The interstate was actually kind of fun with the curves. Especially since i didnt get caught 😃

I took that detour at St. Maries with my buddy Chuck on his Guzzi. It was not bad as detours go, 3 miles, way better than loose, deep gravel. Sorry about your Yaak Haapenings

I took that detour at St. Maries with my buddy Chuck on his Guzzi. It was not bad as detours go, 3 miles, way better than loose, deep gravel. Sorry about your Yaak Haapenings
It looked sticky to me. Pretty fresh. As it turned out I ended up in rock and fresh oil on the way home. Tar and rock stuck all over. Rocks got stuck in my rear master and jammed my brake on. Lucky I didnt warp my rotor