• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Incursion....

Gypsy JR

I will be in Flagstaff on May 5th and Lost Hills CA on May 6th, and Monterey CA on the 7th. Staying in Monterey area for a week about.

Would love to meet some of you SW folks if at all possible.

Don't have any flexibility on staying longer at any of the overnight stops except Lost Hills, since my next stop is my buddy's place in Monterey.

From Lost Hills I'm heading due west to pickup Highway 1 and go north to Monterey.

While in Monterey, I'm going to go up and get on Skyline Drive and go to Alice's Restaurant on a Sunday morning, hoping all the bikers still gather there. Its been many decades since lived there. Probably will go visit Corbin too in Hollister.

MrPepsi said:
If the schedule works, I can meet you at Alice's on Sunday.
If you guy's get something put together I would be very happy to post on the calendar and support if possible. Let me know.
Mark

Old Man on a Connie said:
You riding through JR? Gonna hit the Bun Cooler?

Starts on the 13th? I think I could make it, not sure. Its two days from Monterey unless I want to ride 16 hours (counting gas stops) in one shot. Will give it some thought. Don't want to make a reservation and then not keep it.

JR its me The Wizard I live in Vacaville near Sacramento planiing to go to Bun Cooler if you need company.No reservation yet.Ther are a few going that I have heard about. Keep me in mind.(707)718-9282 Jerry Gaither

MrPepsi said:

Sunday May 8th should work. Will have to get up very early to make a timely arrival.

Do the Harleys still own Alice's parking lot? We parked our sportbikes in the strip mall lot after doing mandatory stoppies in front.

Then have to leave for Bun Cooler on 11th.

Think my buddy might want me to come back after.

Trike's gonna get epic miles put on it.

The Wizard said:
JR its me The Wizard I live in Vacaville near Sacramento planiing to go to Bun Cooler if you need company.No reservation yet.Ther are a few going that I have heard about. Keep me in mind.(707)718-9282 Jerry Gaither

Heck yeah, that would be fun. I'll ride drag since I take up the whole lane now lol.

JR said:
MrPepsi said:

Sunday May 8th should work. Will have to get up very early to make a timely arrival.

Do the Harleys still own Alice's parking lot? We parked our sportbikes in the strip mall lot after doing mandatory stoppies in front.

Then have to leave for Bun Cooler on 11th.

Think my buddy might want me to come back after.

Trike's gonna get epic miles put on it.

Sounds great. No the Harleys show up but so do the sportbikes. Its not so much a hog only hangout.

Hey JR,

I'm just down the road from the SC KOA, so if you need anything to make the stay more comfortable (ie. camp chair, Coleman lantern, cooler filled with ice/beer) let me know. Might be a trick getting the gear back to me mid-week, but maybe the KOA would hold onto it until the next weekend when I can swing by

Cheers,
Dan

SantaCruzRider said:
Hey JR,

I'm just down the road from the SC KOA, so if you need anything to make the stay more comfortable (ie. camp chair, Coleman lantern, cooler filled with ice/beer) let me know. Might be a trick getting the gear back to me mid-week, but maybe the KOA would hold onto it until the next weekend when I can swing by

Cheers,
Dan

I've got all that (except the beer, which I don't drink lol) in my TimeOut trailer, so am good. Thanks for offering!

Stop by and say hello. You will recognize the red-ish Harley Davidson Tri Glide Ultra, it will be the only one in the KOA probably. Plus the blue tent of the TimeOut camper opened up.

This years Bun Cooler is gong to be epic!!! So I've been told. Number 25 you know. Lots of fun with good people. Looking to break attendece record of 62. And Charley always comes up with some worth while door prizes. 

I made a reservation at Winnemucca RV for night of May 11th. Then arriving Bun Cooler 12th. Have spot 193 there, between the cabins and tents or something. Going back to Monterey afterward, stay a week or two, then back to Tennessee and then the National.

JR said:
I made a reservation at Winnemucca RV for night of May 11th. Then arriving Bun Cooler 12th. Have spot 193 there, between the cabins and tents or something. Going back to Monterey afterward, stay a week or two, then back to Tennessee and then the National.
What are your post BC plans? Gonna leave that Sun Morn and pondering routes back to the Garagio.

Old Man on a Connie said:
JR said:
What are your post BC plans? Gonna leave that Sun Morn and pondering routes back to the Garagio.

Going back to Monterey CA, leaving Sunday morning.

SantaCruzRider said:
Hey JR,

Cheers,
Dan

Thanks for the offer again. My dates at the SC KOA should be 8-11 May (leaving morning of 11 for Bun Cooler) and then 16-23 May again until I leave to back to the east coast. So stop by, we can go riding.

Whos up to meet at Alice's Restaurant on Sunday morning, 8 May ? Or meet me at SC KOA and ride up? Or just make fun of my trike?  :rotflmao:

With one mother and one wife who's also a mother in town (and neither interested in pillion), I think a Mother's Day ride to Alice's would be detrimental to my emotional well-being.  :'(

But I'll be around the weekend after Bun Cooler, and up for a ride then.

Dan

Talked with JR a bit ago and he's currently in Monterey, so leg one of his trip is done. Butt... he had a bit of trouble on his way here and was going to cancel his run up to Kamiah - someone stole his heated jacket liner and he's concerned about continuing on without it. So I'm going to meet him at Alice's in the morning and see if we can get my Gerbings stuff integrated with his Harley stuff and keep him on the road. Fingers crossed.

JPavlis_CA said:
Talked with JR a bit ago and he's currently in Monterey, so leg one of his trip is done. Butt... he had a bit of trouble on his way here and was going to cancel his run up to Kamiah - someone stole his heated jacket liner and he's concerned about continuing on without it. So I'm going to meet him at Alice's in the morning and see if we can get my Gerbings stuff integrated with his Harley stuff and keep him on the road. Fingers crossed.

Great to meet you in person! And thanks for the loan of the jacket liner. Bun Cooler here I come.

MrPepsi said:
I'm sorry to say I was not able to make the run up there. Sorry JR.

I'm in the Santa Cruz / Watsonville KOA on San Andreas Road, which is between Santa Cruz and Watsonville. Its a very nice KOA too, with pool and spa. Stop by or call, 240-291-8603.

Last year I was here, in June, it was warmer off course. Next year I'll come out after the National.  :rotflmao:

JR said:
I'm in the Santa Cruz / Watsonville KOA on San Andreas Road, which is between Santa Cruz and Watsonville. Its a very nice KOA too, with pool and spa. Stop by or call, 240-291-8603.
Ahhh.... OK, I thought you were at the other Santa Cruz KOA. See, there are two - the one you're at which is officially the Santa Cruz/Monterey Bay KOA, locally known as the Watsonville KOA to avoid confusion with the other KOA, the Santa Cruz North/Costanoa KOA known locally as the Pescadero KOA.

They're both nice but the Costanoa one is more upscale with a hotel and lodge with a restaurant serving good seafood and a bar.

MrPepsi said:
How long will you be there?

Leave 11th for Bun Cooler, back 16th until 25th. Will have phone with me, usually. Not always at campground but am now, its overcast, chilly, and damp, and I'm sitting at the table in my TimeOut using KOA wifi and have the heater going, so snug as a bug.

JPavlis_CA said:
JR said:
Ahhh.... OK, I thought you were at the other Santa Cruz KOA. See, there are two - the one you're at which is officially the Santa Cruz/Monterey Bay KOA, locally known as the Watsonville KOA to avoid confusion with the other KOA, the Santa Cruz North/Costanoa KOA known locally as the Pescadero KOA.

They're both nice but the Costanoa one is more upscale with a hotel and lodge with a restaurant serving good seafood and a bar.

I'm not surprised the Costanoa is more upscale, it being Pascadero / Santa Cruz proper.  :) :beerchug:

I like to cook simply when camping. Though when I go to MotoCampers event in TN in early June I'm taking my small pressure cooker because they are cooking fools and everyone has to provide something to the evening meals. So I'm going to have to step it up. Good thing I cook a lot at home, always have since I got out of the Army in 1977.