• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Informal non-official COG RTE {Ride to Eat} 23 Oct Powhatan, VA

DustyStrom

COG 4 HORSEMEN invite you to join them for an informal non-official COG RTE (Ride to Eat)

When: Sunday Oct 23 meet at 1230

Where: Wildwood BBQ
2470 Anderson Hwy C, Powhatan, VA 23139
(for our Canadian buddies: https://what3words.com/bitterness.polo.parents)

We will be coming from diverse locations (Falls Church, Virginia Beach, Blacksburg, Richmond) so if you arrive early there is a Sheetz nearby suitable for pre-lunch "kicking stones and telling tales".

Additionally, Clyde (Mr Smooth) Watson has offered to guide a short (couple hours) tour of the area after lunch.

This event is designed primarily as a RTE and disperse, but I'll be signing up for Clyde's tour, camping overnight and heading home Monday.

Last edited:
Ok, ok due to the unrelenting pressure from those early risers we will lunch at

1130 not 1230

Grumble grumble, it's 180 miles from home so save me a seat!

Great RTE Sunday!

In addition to the Four Horsemen (Roger, Tom, Paul and myself) COG luminaries Clyde Watson and Guy Young attended.

We were all assembled in the parking lot when Guy rode in - we asked him what the heck kind of bike he was on - but then we realized we had ALL had one of them ZG-1000 Concours ourselves. Super nice to see the Concours, and Guy.

After lunch Clyde led The Horsemen on a beautiful back roads ride. Great weather, great friends, great RTE!

Great RTE Sunday!

In addition to the Four Horsemen (Roger, Tom, Paul and myself) COG luminaries Clyde Watson and Guy Young attended.

We were all assembled in the parking lot when Guy rode in - we asked him what the heck kind of bike he was on - but then we realized we had ALL had one of them ZG-1000 Concours ourselves. Super nice to see the Concours, and Guy.

After lunch Clyde led The Horsemen on a beautiful back roads ride. Great weather, great friends, great RTE!
IIRC - believe I responded that I had a GOOD bike. With a little over 200K, it's still running stong now that I got the carb issue straightened out. I'm probably far enough along that I can't really justify a new bike. We'll ride the one I have until...........

It was a nice event. Look forwad to seeing ya'll again sometime in the future.