• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Injury To Insult (yeah I got that right)

roaster

Bicycle
I would like to add another notch in the 'How We Drop Our Connie's' Post.
Add one to the 'Kickstand Not Fully Deployed' set.
My wife and I pull up to the local Mexican place Jalapeno, last night about 5 after Eight.
I pull to the right side of the lot, which is unusual as i usually park on the left...no idea there why. My wife was parking her Voyager and not able to help.
Stopped, and started to get off and realized the bike was 'coming with me' as I left.
I quickly sprang to life and it easily laid sort of on its side, no crunching sound.
I had tried to stop it and obviously hyper extended my left hamstring. On the severity level its pretty minor injury but it hurts like hell now. I had to go in and eat (Well I was there) and then had to ride it home, always choreographing every stop to end up on my right side.
Absolutely no damage, but i am definitely interested in the side bars that Murph sells now (Besides I really wanted a set of those Bug lights that go on them)
What did I learn?
-always park in the same place.
-ALWAYS check that the kickstand is ALL THE WAY extended.
:coffee2:

Roaster,

Sorry to hear about your "let down" but at least you didn't break anything. Still check that
foot peg bracket closely for a hair line crack just to be sure. Hope the leg heals up fast.
Now the very important question, How was your dinner? ;)

Pat and Sher in MA said:
Roaster,

Sorry to hear about your "let down" but at least you didn't break anything. Still check that
foot peg bracket closely for a hair line crack just to be sure. Hope the leg heals up fast.
Now the very important question, How was your dinner? ;)
I had the #8 El Patron. (A Chili Relleno, Chicken Enchilada and 2 Chicken Taquitos.) Very nice. Although I did eat most of it standing up...the same way I am typing now.
I did however come home and have the new Brazilian Daterra Estate Yellow Bourbon coffee that just arrived yesterday and I actually managed to roast and put in my pack before I left for dinner, so coffee on the deck made the night...along with an icepack and some ibuprofen.

Roaster, CDA0345.
That kickstand not fully deployed will sneak up on ya for sure.
Been there with the hamstring pull - black and blue for a few weeks.
Way to go saving the bike and yes the tip-over bars work great!

Roaster, I feel your pain... my first "pre-CDA" recordkeeping CDA occurred much the same way.  However, my bike squashed a brand new Piaggio scooter in the process.  Again, sorry for your injury AND insult, but know you are in plenty of good company... and my company too. LOL  :)

You got to watch those darn kickstands! It's amazing how many people have dropped their bike having to do with the kickstand. (Myself being one of them)!!!!!!!!!!!

Came close my self when I rolled the bike forward a little to get access to the air stem on the rear tire. Was watching the rear tire to see the stem and didn't notice the kick stand was not all the way down anymore.  I managed to keep it from going all the way down and got it back up and on the kick stand but then imagine my surprise to discover I had put it down on my shoe lace.

:mad: