• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

international Motorcycle Show, Cleveland

I'm a definite maybe. I'm near Cincinnati and Cleveland weather end of January can be iffy. I'd like to go on Saturday but depends on my daughter's gymnastics competition schedule. So it's kinda like this...

Good weather/no gymnastics - Saturday
Good weather/Saturday gymnastics - Sunday
Bad weather - stay home
Wife pitches a bitch - stay home

Well..since no Detroit show this year...I was thinking I "might" make the 3 hr. trip....
We'll see as it gets closer....  Also see who else I can get to tag along...

I plan on going it is always a good show .                                                                                                                                                                  Matt

I've gone to this show for the last ten years or so with friends from Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.  Last year I went to the Chicago show to give the sconsin guys a break. Going back there again this year,  but I might make Cleveland a day trip on Saturday. I'll see the closer it gets to showtime.

No gymnastics that weekend so there's one obstacle out of the way. Now working on the wife.  >:D

Looks like my Johnstown gang will end up at the Red Roof Inn, Rockside Road for the weekend.

Going to site see Saturday and visit the Motorcycle show Sunday.

There is a Winkin Lizard right next to the Red Roof if any of you want to try and meet up.

Jason
cog 32

Jason, when are you and the gang heading to Cleveland?
Wil you be there Friday night too or just Saturday?

works4me said:
Jason, when are you and the gang heading to Cleveland?
Wil you be there Friday night too or just Saturday?

Most likely will drive out Saturday Morning.
jason

I may make the trip from Central Pa.  I went two years ago, will wait until the first of the year to decide.  If you have time go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, it is awesome...spend a whole day.

bearbait said:
I may make the trip from Central Pa.  I went two years ago, will wait until the first of the year to decide.  If you have time go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, it is awesome...spend a whole day.

Bearbait,
The motorcycle show has become a secondary reason to go to Cleveland.............
We like the Rock N Hall too, and if you do some research there are TONS of things to do in Cleveland, like most mid sized cities.
There is an inside Market on Saturday that has caught our eye. Look fun.
If you can't ride you might as well be a tourist.
jason

lemme know when youn's are coming into town, Dona and I could run over and see ya, you'll be going right past our place to get there if you are coming in on Rt 90.

there's cheaper and better places round here than the Red roof over there, and there are multiple Winking Lizards, one is like 3 minutes from our house in Mentor. :beerchug:
there's also Quaker Steak, 2 miles from us.

If you are planning to go to the Westside Market, check closely the hours for weekends..
Best time to go is early, and during the week.. too many tourists on Saturdays... ooops, sorry, but you will be in a big crowd on a Saturday afternoon.
they close at 6, and are'nt open sunday..
http://westsidemarket.org/location-and-directions/hours/
when we go there, we go early, and leave early... pretty much 4 hours to taste and eat, and buy, and be outta there by 4 p.m.

it's an awesome food fest...

Rock H-O-F is on my list this year, I've boycotted it since I got ripped off 30 years ago, when the Mayor was trying to drum up build money, and I bought 3 bricks with memorials and names, to be placed on the walkway, for mega hundreds - o buck$ and they never got installed, nor did I get a response or an apology, because the city went into default on the project...somewhere I have the cancelled check, which was cashed... then they enacted a "sin tax" on cigs and alcohol... and raked in the bucks...thanks Mayor White 20 years ago, they built it..finally,  I'm over it now. Stevie ray Vaughn and Lou Reed, Paul Butterfield Bluesband, and Joan Jett & the Blackhearts made this years Induction list... awesome...I'd like to go, and can be your group's "city guide". knowing every back street venue, and hidden treasures here... lemme know... there are numerous underground venues that offer an awesome Cleveland Rock scenario... and you can easily hit 3 or 4, in a cab, safely, from central free parking...along with lotsa beverages...

I'm not planning on going to the show, but would like to see ya. :beerchug: :beerchug:

Here is Joanne and I’s itinerary for a trip to Cleveland for the Motorcycle Show.

We’ll stay at the Red Roof Middleburg Heights, OH on Saturday night. Rooms are around $50.00 Been her before it's a good room for $50.

We going to leave home Saturday morning with plans to visit this market in Cleveland.  http://westsidemarket.org/ Hoping to arrive around 10:30/11:00
We looking for some other attraction to visit in the afternoon. Perhaps a visit to Great Lakes Brewing.

Sunday morning we’ll get up and go to the Motorcycle show.
http://www.motorcycleshows.com/cleveland

And perhaps catch a late lunch at Sterle’s before heading home.
http://sterlescountryhouse.com/

If anyone would like to join us for any or all of the trip we’d love to have you come along.

Jason
814 615 918 or cog62 at kaplitz.com

I usually go on Friday afternoon (1st day) with a fellow riding buddy.  Good food at Alladin's in Strongsville if you are coming in from the south?

gsjay said:
Here is Joanne and I’s itinerary for a trip to Cleveland for the Motorcycle Show.

We’ll stay at the Red Roof Middleburg Heights, OH on Saturday night. Rooms are around $50.00 Been her before it's a good room for $50.

We going to leave home Saturday morning with plans to visit this market in Cleveland.  http://westsidemarket.org/ Hoping to arrive around 10:30/11:00
We looking for some other attraction to visit in the afternoon. Perhaps a visit to Great Lakes Brewing.

Sunday morning we’ll get up and go to the Motorcycle show.
http://www.motorcycleshows.com/cleveland

And perhaps catch a late lunch at Sterle’s before heading home.
http://sterlescountryhouse.com/

If anyone would like to join us for any or all of the trip we’d love to have you come along.

Jason
814 615 918 or cog62 at kaplitz.com

We've changed lunch locations on Sunday to
http://www.geracisrestaurant.net/

Other plans unchanged.
Jason

I'd like to have joined all of you for lunch or dinner as I'm a few miles away but I work Saturday and am going to southern Ohio Sunday morning. Maybe next year.

Chris,  this isthe discount code I gave for the Chicago show, don't know if it is for all of them or not but here it is.
Motorcycleshows.com  IMS15S. Hope it helps.

i was givin this dicount code
PRG15E
from a local ADV dude, but looked and tried, and couldn't over ride the dicount code on the website when you buy tickets at
http://www.motorcycleshows.com

there is a place wher you get automatic facebook discount, but it's $4, the code I gave was for $5

a buddy picked up my tickets, and I dont know how he did it, but my cost ended up as $10 out of pocket..

good luck

I'll be there saturday, see y'all at the kawi booth, I'll be the ugly old M/F with the COG shirt on...
buy me a beer. :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Hazy said:
I'll be there on Sunday as well. Anybody have any discount codes? COG had some years back.

what time you going? might wanna get out on sunday with momma, and hit it again, and do lunch at Haufbrau Haus in town before rollin home for supa-bowel party...

Pretty big crowd, walked in as the doors opened, and rolled out about 2ish, felt sorry for those arriving when we left, as they had to walk 1/4 mile across that huge lot.... :rotflmao:
Not a bad show, but again, it was an adventure squeezing thru the crowd of people standing and starring...  some interesting new machines this year.

Wow Jason, not a good day for drivin home, were getting a major storm here now, p/m me if you wanna stop here this afternoon, there's a cheap local hotel about 4 miles from my house, if you choose not to tackle rt 90 on the way home..... were super bowl watchin this eve... just to sin it out, p/m me here and I'll give ya my number....
Gonna get a foot for sure, and they may close the freeways......

Oh, should put the correct phone numbah on your post.... tried to call ya, went thru nine numbers figuring you dropped the last digit.... didn't work....

Dohhhhh :mad:

Indeed not a good day to travel out of Cleveland!
We left town about 3:30 and had BAD conditions until Lordstown were the snow stopped and the roads became nothing but wet.

Now the rest:
Sorry about the number.

You were correct about the market being packed on Saturday morning but we had a blast! Great experience and one that I will look forward to again.

We stopped at the Great Lakes Brewing after the market and had a great time there! Had some snacks, took the tour and enjoyed a couple of the brews. Also got to meet Guitar Man out in front of the bar. FUN for sure.

We walked into the show before it opened about 9:15. I will never go to  the show on Saturday again! Sunday's crowd was much smaller making the whole experience better. You weren't packed in and could actually see and touch all you wanted.

Kawi had a nice display with a Kaw Green Concours catching my eye. Nice!
The new Versys looks cool and the 1000 CC version is sure to attract some new customers.

Yamaha had their new 900 Adventure bike there too. Everyone's in the game except Honda.

Lots of new V Twins in the Indian and Victory booths. Not my kind of ride but I wanted a V Twin it would be something they are offering not an HD.

We did have a nice lunch at Geracis' but .........................
They don't take cash!
Our waitress didn't understand No Tomato's on the salad or hoagie
And if you don't ask for separate checks the owners throws a hissy fit when you ask her to separate the check.

All in all a great trip to Cleveland.
Jason

Glad you had a good IX experience, I agree on the bikes you pointed out, and stood around the Yammi booth quite a while looking at that 900... sweet ride.
I was very worried they were gonna close down the freeways for your return trip home, I'm sure that was a nerve wracking jaunt back for ya, it never stopped snowing here till about 5am.
Had some friends over for the bowl game, one was the guy that drove to the show on saturday, I had to snowblow the drive 4 times before halftime of the game, I think we had about 18 inches total, still gotta do the driveway one more time, between doing the driveway and splitting and hauling firewood yesterday this old man is whooped....
Glad you made it home safe, we would have gladly had y'ouns stay over, and snack with us, my door is always open when ya come into town.