• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Italian Bike Sales are Up

A partial reason for increased sales of Italian bikes is probably the lack of Japanese bikes on the market.
I went looking recently and there weren't many Japanese bikes available.
But, the shops that also had Italian bikes, had a good collection of those.

Ride safe, Ted

Just to clarify, the article isn't about a 23% growth in the sales of Italian-made bikes last month. It's about a 23% growth in motorcycle sales in Italy last month driven in part by BMW R 1250GS and Honda Africa sales.

Last edited:
It's good that interest in motorcycles is growing somewhere. Around here it's not. The few motorcycle dealerships within a 200 mile radius are closing or cutting way back on motorcycles and diversifying into UTV, ATV, Sled sales and service.
Just to clarify, the article isn't about a 23% growth in the sales of Italian-made bikes last month. It's about a 23% growth in motorcycle sales in Italy last month driven in part by BMW R 1250GS and Honda Africa sales.

I tried to buy a Honda CRF250L or CRF300L dirt bike yesterday.
They had none, plus the Shipping/handling/assembly/TT&l costs would be double what they were previously.
(Over $2k on a $6000 bike)

My Buddy bought a WR250 Yamaha last week. Yamaha charged him about $3k.

With so few bikes available, the dealerships are driving the assembly/shipping/delivery costs up.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
I tried to buy a Honda CRF250L or CRF300L dirt bike yesterday.
Ride safe, Ted

Didn't know you were shopping Ted, my neighbor had both those bikes in his dealership a couple weeks ago. 2020 - 2021 models with maybe 1,500 miles on them & they looked new, sold now though.

Could have got you a deal!

It's good that interest in motorcycles is growing somewhere. Around here it's not. The few motorcycle dealerships within a 200 mile radius are closing or cutting way back on motorcycles and diversifying into UTV, ATV, Sled sales and service.
Our local Kawasaki dealer has recently added Mahindra tractors.