• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

It's starting to warm up in Death Valley

CaffeineMan

In the shadow of the Valley of Death
Saturday 2/11 forecast:  82

https://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:92328.11.99999?MR=1

And from the Death Valley National Park website:

"Peak Blooming Periods for Death Valley are usually...

Mid February to Mid April

Where: Lower elevations on alluvial fans and foothills.
Wildflowers: Desert Gold (Geraea canescens), Notch-leaf Phacelia (Phacelia crenulata), Caltha-leaf Phacelia (Phacelia calthifolia), Golden Evening Primrose (Camissonia brevipes), Gravel Ghost (Atrichoseris platyphylla), Bigelow Monkeyflower (Mimulus bigelovii), Desert Five-spot (Eremalche rotundifolia)"

https://www.nps.gov/deva/learn/nature/wildflowers.htm

Hmmm...

It was awesome last year. With these latest rains should be mo' betta' ? When we go?

The SoCal group is planning a ride this month.....I better get the dates out soon February is a short month.

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:

:great:
I'm interested; may even get another local rider,COG member to join us. Been through DV a few times, but never really visited the sights. Weather has been perfect for riding lately. it's now on my calendar just need details of where to meet,time.

Bob Young
COG #5753

Water in the river near Ashford Mill ruins.  Bodes well for wildflowers, even if it does not match last year.

Attachments

• DV water Ashford Mills Jan 29 2017.JPG
    DV water Ashford Mills Jan 29 2017.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 124