• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ivan's Performance COG Open House, May 12, Congers, NY

terrynyc

Please join us for a COG Meet and Greet/Open House at Ivan's Performance Products in Congers, NY.  Details on the calendar on the club website.  Vittles will be provided for lunch.  Normal shop hours are 10am to 2pm but if COGgers want to stay and schmooze they will stay open till 4pm.  Free t-shirt to registered attendees.  If you ever wanted to try a reflash on for size this is your chance C14 owners.  I'm planning to attend, my FZ-1 jet kit from Ivan's needs to see his home LOL.

Ahh man; you're going to make me cross the river.  ;D This sounds interesting hope to make it. Thanks for putting it together Terry.

Still over a month away but if we ever get spring weather, I would like to attend. Free vittles is always a plus.

It is a great offer if the flash improves the bike. Wondering about the extra ECUs that Ivan has to be plugged into any bike. He must have a dedicated fob for those extra ECUs, no?

I  don't think it is as simple as only plugging in the ecu.  Besides the FOB issue.  Got to do a little KDS programming to mate up the ABS ecu with the KiPASS ecu etc.  TPMS won't work unless that is programmed as well.  I'm sure he's aware of that, though.  It's not difficult.

KiPass works through the KiPass ECU, not the main (engine) ECU. So the TPS and the ignition portions of KiPass do not in any way communicate with the ECU that is flashed and controls the engine. Two separate items, and only the engine ECU would be changed.

Brian

AmphibSailor said:
I  don't think it is as simple as only plugging in the ecu.  Besides the FOB issue.  Got to do a little KDS programming to mate up the ABS ecu with the KiPASS ecu etc.  TPMS won't work unless that is programmed as well.  I'm sure he's aware of that, though.  It's not difficult.

BDF said:
KiPass works through the KiPass ECU, not the main (engine) ECU. So the TPS and the ignition portions of KiPass do not in any way communicate with the ECU that is flashed and controls the engine. Two separate items, and only the engine ECU would be changed.

Brian

AmphibSailor said:

The engine's ecu would have to be mated to the KIPASS ecu.  The other components I mentioned would not have to be programmed again, since they are already listed in the KIPASS ecu.  The KIPASS ecu is the central part of the system. 

Amphibsailor

Whatever you think how it works. ..is wrong. . and if you want to know how it works. ... well, eventually I'll let people know,  but you are 100% wrong.

Maybe next year. .
But not now. ....

Sorry, 

Ivan

Ivan_ipp said:
Amphibsailor

Whatever you think how it works. ..is wrong. . and if you want to know how it works. ... well, eventually I'll let people know,  but you are 100% wrong.

Maybe next year. .
But not now. ....

Sorry, 

Ivan

Did I write something wrong?  Let me know and I'll rethink it and take a look at the KDS manual and other references.  I'd be the first to admit to a mistake but in this case, I don't think so.  Please prove me wrong.  If I am, no problem...I'll accept it.

Terrynyc said:
Just between you, me and the lamppost, I think Ivan might have done this once or twice before?  :)

Terry,

I didn't discount that...I believe I acknowledged Ivan's experience...in my first post (the one where Brian pointed out my mistaken ideas about the TPMS, etc...)  I also admitted that I was wrong in my second post.  But I stand behind the information in that second post.  I also have some experience with the KDS and can read the manual where it says that, "Whenever an FI ECU has been replaced it must be registered with the KIPASS ECU." 

I am not trying to discredit anyone and most certainly will acknowledge if I am wrong but generally only if there is a plausible explanation that follows or reference to existing documentation.  I hope I've made my point and not offended anyone.  Having said that, I'll bow out of the conversation. 

Ivan is inviting you to an event. He's going to let you try the flash for free on your bike. He's also going to feed you for free. Then he's going to give you the flash at 50% off if you choose to purchase it while you were there for $175. There's no risk at all. What more can a guy do to prove his product. Anyone that doesn't live remotely close to this event and doesn't go shame on you. This is the type of stuff that makes this site great. Sisf also offers a great deal if I remember correctly at every National.

I just wish somebody can figure out a way to get rid of the stupid KIPASS system

ConcoursKZ said:
Ivan is inviting you to an event. He's going to let you try the flash for free on your bike. He's also going to feed you for free. Then he's going to give you the flash at 50% off if you choose to purchase it while you were there for $175. There's no risk at all. What more can a guy do to prove his product. Anyone that doesn't live remotely close to this event and doesn't go shame on you. This is the type of stuff that makes this site great. Sisf also offers a great deal if I remember correctly at every National.

I just wish somebody can figure out a way to get rid of the stupid KIPASS system

KIPASS...; I miss you!!! My H2 has a key...

Ivan_ipp said:
A real H2.....  :nananana:

Will that be at your event for free rides? I will come from Ohio. I went from that 750 to a Z1 in 1983.

>>

If you get free rides on that you'll have a lot of visitors.

Ivan_ipp said:
A real H2.....  :nananana:

>>

Ha!!!! I laugh at your antique  :)) I'll be there on the 11th Ivan.. Any plans for a H2 SX flash?

Attachments

• IMG_1016.jpg
    IMG_1016.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 99
I have no plans at this time for the new H2's...

The old bike isn't 50 years old yet.... so not officially an antique.

Ivan

Ivan_ipp said:
I have no plans at this time for the new H2's...

The old bike isn't 50 years old yet.... so not officially an antique.

Ivan

Too bad. You could be a very popular guy making a flash for it. Almost no one is yet.

I made arrangements to meet up with Steve Smith and crew. Remembered to register. Riding to Ivan's weather permitting....

Well the weather has taken a bit of a turn for the worse so stay tuned for a final decision for postponement and a rain date. :truce:

On the bright side the Spring Fling is a week away! :motonoises: :great: ;)

I haven't given up yet...  :great:

The forecast has been improving today and I'll make the decision sometime tomorrow before noon.

Ivan

Terrynyc said:
Well the weather has taken a bit of a turn for the worse so stay tuned for a final decision for postponement and a rain date. :truce:

On the bright side the Spring Fling is a week away! :motonoises: :great: ;)

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nananana:

Oh man Terry,  tossing in the flag, when there's a full day of sunny weather following midnight, followed by not a cloud in the sky.. :truce: :truce:

Its a COG ride... rain, should be no option, as long as there is clear skies projected...
Hope all turns out good... I can't see any rain in your map after 4 am in the morn..like 10 hours from now..

Has anyone ever cancelled "spring fling" because of a little rain, or a lotta rain for that matter?  Hahahahahahah, its guranteed to rain for certain, never seen one not have rain... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Ride safe,

As of now we are still a go for tomorrow.  My bike is actually clean right now and with the fling coming I’d like to keep it that way!  Lol.  So I will still attend but I might be on four wheels.  Let the abuse begin!!!  I’ll post if there is a change in plan.

Anyone know if this is still on for today??

I'm leaving CT. in about an hour.....    I am signed up for the 50% off flash deal...

I hope Mr. Ivan honors it rain or shine....      it's about a 1.5 hour ride....  :??:

anyway...
New board member here...

2015 Greenie

Ivan_ipp said:
I haven't given up yet...  :great:

The forecast has been improving today and I'll make the decision sometime tomorrow before noon.

Ivan

Ivan,

Even if you cancel the open house,  Can I still get the 50% off flash price if I show up??

rain don't bother me.

Thanks Ivan
Good meeting you today.

and yeah,
I noticed the difference as soon as I left your parking lot.

throttle chop is gone, much smoother with throttle inputs...

found myself passing in high gear when I would usually downshift....

Anyone on the fence about the flash and who/what/where...

All I can say is Ivan is the real deal...  I've own a few bikes in the past with Ivans airbox kits and even had a set of his pod needles....  Always high quality products and satisfaction guaranteed.

This recent flash is another awesome mod. 

One walk into his back room and you can tell...  a very well organized professional shop.

:beerchug:

Just got back to the barn after a pleasant meet and greet!  The weather took it's toll on turnout but for the hardy folks who made the trip it  was a good time.  Seven satisfied customers took advantage of the special price and left with smiles.  I want to thank Ivan again  for hosting and after seeing his shop I kinda regret not going to the source when I had his jet kit installed and dyno tuned.  Hey maybe I can pop in for a retune sometime!  Wait...daughter starts college next year...might have to go to the back burner!  Like others have said Ivan knows his stuff and answered any and all questions anyone had. 

Next stop the fling!  See you there!

We had a great time! Followed Steve above posted limit to Congers. It only rained a bit, a little harder crossing the Hudson. Got to Ivan's shop, had a test ECU installed within 20 minutes. Put the girl on the back and took off. Didn't notice much of a difference. Came back and before I could say anything, Ivan said, "Don't get off the bike" He adjusted the idle up 2 hundred RPMs, told me to go ride some more. It was a day and night difference. All shifts were very smooth, much better than ECO mode. Decel was more behaved. Rode with passenger and solo. Pillion said bike was smoother and had less vibrations. I noticed an improved response. Bought the flash. Thanks to Steve for directions home. 301 was perfect test track for the flash. Considerably less vibrations, bike purrs at nearly 40000 miles. And thank you Ivan for making my bike better.  :great:

Just want to say I finally got to meet some great cog members. Ivan was so right with the flash I had guhls flash before it had top end power Ivans is so much smoother and pulls for 6 like never before I love this flash Now it he offered before he would have saved me 350 from the other tune Ivan you Sir are the flash master thank you Sir

I want to thank everyone who attended and braved the weather for this event.
Your participation made it a great success.  :beerchug:

It was a great afternoon... so nice to meet everyone. :great:

I wish to express my sincere appreciation for your support !!

Ivan

Pic taken near end of event. Some folks had come & gone by then...

IMG_2337-M.jpg

Just another thank you to Ivan, he offers a great product/service and the open house was a fun treat! now if only I didn't have 5 out of 7 hours of cold rain to get home it would have been much better but those trips make great memories!