• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Jacket EMOJI Displays

I don't think it's any worse idea for a cyclist to have a turn indicator than it is for a motorcycle. But I do think this is overkill and likely FAR more expensive than a simple light on the front and back that flashes for a turn.

It's no more distracting for a cyclist to flip a signal switch on the handlebar than it is to hold their arm out in a hand signal that half of motorists probably don't even understand.

after looking at that, and it's original "application", I find it very promising... I'm not that keen on the "smile face / other rediculous emoji's" but the signal and caution, and also a "stop" signal, works for me.. I do find it to be quite applicable to a "vest" worn over the riders "protecto-gear", especially during periods of night time, or low visibility.. great idea..... holding an "arm signal" at night, is silly.. they will never see it.. but if it's glowing and flashing.. no dispute it would be a wise use... I like it...  Much more visible than the "led signals" that a couple companies have made for "sticking on the back of a helmet",

after all, it is about visibility, and the following cars "clarity of seeing it, and understanding it.." :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great:

Problem is that many of these people will probably not signal anyway....just like they drive their cars . Cool idea though .

My distraction point was not simple turn signals. We do that on bikes without looking. This unit has many other things - emojis. Look at the video. There are three buttons and then two arrow buttons to go through many emojis. Also if you are doing a quick stop, how the heck are you going to push the caution sign button? As I said, stupid.