• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

JR heading to the ride in the sky

IronButtAl

JR, also known as Gypsy JR is in the care of Hospice and heading to home plate. Given one to two months to live, his health issue is stage 4 cancer. He lived a special life and gave most of his best years to service in Vietnam as a Ranger leader. Graduate of West Point, he was the man at that time and place. I had a chance to ride with him on many occasions, including a three week three COG rally run. Got to share many fires with him, and he always enjoyed pitching in attending to many of our rally fires like RWTW. I'll have some contact info posted here soon for anyone who wishes to send a note or text.
Al

Sad to hear this.

JR - Thank You for all you did for our country and COG, a true and proud giver.

Al, sorry to hear this.
He lived up to his Forum name "Gypsy", from his posts, I know JR was on the road a lot and living/loving life on the bike.
JR, thank you for your service in the military and the work/fun you did/shared with us fellow Coggers.

Sorry to hear this.
It's been a long ride with JR. Known him for many years.
Good guy!!

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Al, if he doesn't see the Posts, pass the word to him that we're cheering for him.

Hope he sees this. Thank you so much for your service. A belated “welcome home brother”. I know you will have an easy ride home. Prayers.

Hooah ! All the way! Thank you for your service, SIR!

Ron made the passing of JR as this slid off the board. Thought I'd reestablish the thread as there already my posts.
We all lost a friend and patriotic man

Ron made the passing of JR as this slid off the board. Thought I'd reestablish the thread as there already my posts.
We all lost a friend and patriotic man
Thanks Al. Jo says he’s to be buried at West Poimt but had no details.