• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

July 1 Independence Ride to Big W BBQ, Wingdale NY

S Smith

Northeast Area Director
What better way to kick off the Independence celebration than to go for a ride and enjoy great BBQ. 

Like last time, there will be 3 meet points to kick off rides and make a three prong attack (like the three corner hat of the time) and converge on Big W BBQ in Wingdale, NY. The 3 planned ride meet points will be in White Plains, NY, Newburgh, NY, and Waterbury, CT, or you can meet us at Big W.

The individual ride meet times and locations have been set and posted in the event listing in the Northeast Calendar of Events.

Click here to go to the Calendar of Events to review complete details, meet times, and locations.

922072760_NYC58-M.jpg

Only 9 days until the Big W ride on July 1, 2012. 

Only 5 signed up as of today. Please sign up online even if you plan to ride on your own and meet us at Big W - we need to give them a heads up if the size of our group will be large so they are prepared.

The ride leaving from Connecticut will leave exactly at 9AM, and will be approximately 73 miles, 2.2 hours in length.  Check out the  preliminary route here:  http://mapq.st/MquWT3

Along the way we will cross the two drivable covered bridges in Litchfield County - West Cornwall Bridge and Bulls Bridge.

I'm in the process of making a route, unfortunately my knowledge of the roads in the area is pretty sketchy.  I have one road that was recommended (Rt 301) and I have a preliminary route to it.  Right now my biggest problem is my Mapsource software is not usable due to the fact i got a new computer and when I reloaded it I needed to unlock the maps (again) and can't find my unlock code.  LEEEEEWWSER!!!! :'(

Right after I'm done here I'm gonna take another crack at it...hell I love phone hold muzak! :))

I'm expecting to attend but the idea of going to White Plains or Newburgh for a 9 AM departure holds no appeal for me.  So I'll pass on any of those group rides to Big W BBQ.  I'll probably go to Rhodes North Tavern for breakfast and then depart from there around 9 AM.  I can easily cross the Bear Mountain Bridge and ride 2 - 2 1/2 hours of nice back roads to meet the group riders there.

COG-528 said:
I'm expecting to attend but the idea of going to White Plains or Newburgh for a 9 AM departure holds no appeal for me.  <snip>

Well there's no big surprise.  ::)

Imagine having to leave your house by 8AM. (OK maybe even a little before 8am)  :eek:

OH THE HORROR.  :rotflmao:

Cap'n Bob said:
COG-528 said:
I'm expecting to attend but the idea of going to White Plains or Newburgh for a 9 AM departure holds no appeal for me.  <snip>

Imagine having to leave your house by 8AM. (OK maybe even a little before 8am)  :eek:

Not everyone wants to get up at 4:30 AM to go riding.  :nananana: 
I'll have to leave the house before 8 AM if I'm going to eat breakfast in Sloatsburg before departing at 9 AM.
  :motonoises:

COG-528 said:
Cap'n Bob said:
COG-528 said:

I'll have to leave the house before 8 AM if I'm going to eat breakfast in Sloatsburg before departing at 9 AM.

:ecomcity:

COG-528 said:
Cap'n Bob said:
COG-528 said:

images

COG-528 said:
Cap'n Bob said:
COG-528 said:
Well, if I didn't have to work the night before, I'd get up early and hook up with the Newburgh ride.  But I only get out of work at 8am.

So, Bob, if you've got a route planned, let me know, maybe I'll ride it in reverse until I find you guys.

S Smith said:
What better way to kick off the Independence celebration than to go for a ride and enjoy great BBQ. 

Like last time, there will be 3 meet points to kick off rides and make a three prong attack (like the three corner hat of the time) and converge on Big W BBQ in Wingdale, NY. The 3 planned ride meet points will be in White Plains, NY, Newburgh, NY, and Waterbury, CT, or you can meet us at Big W.

No whining here.  Just letting everyone know that I've chosen the last option as presented in the announcement. 
Now why is that a problem for some people?
:confuse:

COG-528 said:
S Smith said:

No whining here.  Just letting everyone know that I've chosen the last option as presented in the announcement. 
Now why is that a problem for some people?
:confuse:

I think it was the negative tone of the post (or apparent tone) that seemed to come across.  The outright dismissal of meeting for the group ride ("it has no appeal for me") was kinda unnecessary.  Just say you'll meet us at Big W's rather than dismiss it out of hand?

Then maybe you won't get Bob's dander up! DOOOH!!!!! ;)

Still working on my Mapsource...only called three times so far maybe fourth times the charm!

After my herculean (there's a 10 cent word for ya!) efforts I have wrestled my mapsource software into temporary submission and mapped out a route about 76 miles long with an estimated duration of 1 hour 42 min.  We'll be stands up and rolling at 9am sharp so plan accordingly.  Anyone interested in downloading the route into their gps just give me a holler.  Now we wait for the weather report! O:)

I'm in for this one. . . I hope! Having outpatient knee surgery this Wednesday, but am counting on riding on Sunday. See the First Wave at DD North Broadway White Plains/Valhalla. We'll see how good the surgeon is. . . . ??
:great:

I'm planning to meet at the commuter lot rain or shine... use you best judgement if weather conditions are safe for you. I'll be arriving early and grabbing breakfast at the deli across the street.

Latest preliminary ride route map from CT:  http://mapq.st/MquWT3
Prelim route sheet attached.

Attachments

• Route Sheet.pdf
    215.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 2012-July1-COG Ride to Big W.gpx
    98.3 KB · Views: 99
OK, I will be there! Thanks for putting this on. The weather should be great,I bet a lot of people will show up.

kathybrj said:
This will be my first solo event....... :'( so I'll make a showing for both Blaise and I!
Since there don't seem to be many of us coming from the north, want to meet up somewhere?  You can follow a (somewhat dirtier) 2006 C10, and feel right at home.  ;D

I get out of work at 8am.  (Assuming I don't get stuck for mandatory overtime)  Willing to ride north for a while to meet up and then ride south to Wingdale.

Not to be a downer. But it's suppose to be 100 degrees F in Wingdale (where Big W is located) on Sunday. I don't live that far from there so I noticed this. It's suppose to be 102 F at my house on Sunday. Hopefully that's later in the day.  :eek:

Outback Jon said:
kathybrj said:
This will be my first solo event....... :'( so I'll make a showing for both Blaise and I!
Since there don't seem to be many of us coming from the north, want to meet up somewhere?  You can follow a (somewhat dirtier) 2006 C10, and feel right at home.  ;D

I get out of work at 8am.  (Assuming I don't get stuck for mandatory overtime)  Willing to ride north for a while to meet up and then ride south to Wingdale.

Thanks Jon!

I'm taking Rt. 67 to Rt. 22 all the way down. It's a nice scenic ride. I don't know where we'd meet or what time, though. Remember, I was a follower up until recently! :-[

Google is telling me 3 hours and 20 minutes, but I'm not sure about that. I was planning on leaving here at around 8am, fill up and get going.

Cap'n Bob said:
Not to be a downer. But it's suppose to be 100 degrees F in Wingdale (where Big W is located) on Sunday. I don't live that far from there so I noticed this. It's suppose to be 102 F at my house on Sunday. Hopefully that's later in the day.  :eek:

It got a little toasty in Arkansas. I was definitely happy to have the mesh. Rode most days in shorts and tee shirts and then the mesh/armor over. It wasn't terrible as long as we were chuggin' water.

kathybrj said:
Cap'n Bob said:

It got a little toasty in Arkansas. I was definitely happy to have the mesh. Rode most days in shorts and tee shirts and then the mesh/armor over. It wasn't terrible as long as we were chuggin' water.

I agree.  I brought my mesh jacket with me to Arkansas just in case, but found I was not terribly uncomfortable in my TourMaster Transition II jacket with a wicking tee and hydrapack full of ice water underneath.  Since the forecast calls for thunderstorms in the afternoon on Sunday, I'll probably leave the mesh jacket home unless I decide I'll be more comfortable being wet in the rain.

I honestly don't mind riding in the rain...now pouring rain, that's not for me....but a shower or even just rain and no wind....I can handle that. Got me a new Froggs Toggs high viz jacket in North Carolina before going to Arkansas if I really need to cover the mesh.

I'm finding my Tour Master Trinity jacket, even without the liner and with vents open, is just too heavy for riding from May-September.

And- I figure...with a belly full 'o BBQ....I'll be sweating anyway! :)

Yes,
please-2.gif
NO CROSS WIND GUSTS!  I already came close enough to dying three times this month :truce: . . . and they were all within a five minute period.  :(

I'm not whining.  I'm thankful
2313156080102652906S600x600Q85.jpg
to still be alive. :clap:

COG-528 said:
Yes,
please-2.gif
NO CROSS WIND GUSTS!  I already came close enough to dying three times this month :truce: . . . and they were all within a five minute period.  :(

Oh boy. I'm now looking forward to Mike's tales of woe!    >:D

Cap'n Bob said:
COG-528 said:
Yes,
please-2.gif

Oh boy. I'm now looking forward to Mike's tales of woe!    >:D

Hopefully he'll leave the smiley face signs and other graphics at home.

Depending on social scheduler (SO) we will try to attend, weather dependant (also SO). Will ride in from the n'east with Steve in Waterbury. Steve if we're not there by 8:50 don't wait for us we'll be knee deep in other shananigans.
Everybody enjoy if we don't make it.

kathybrj said:
Outback Jon said:
kathybrj said:

Thanks Jon!

I'm taking Rt. 67 to Rt. 22 all the way down. It's a nice scenic ride. I don't know where we'd meet or what time, though. Remember, I was a follower up until recently! :-[

Google is telling me 3 hours and 20 minutes, but I'm not sure about that. I was planning on leaving here at around 8am, fill up and get going.
Well, assuming there isn't a thunderstorm when I leave for work Saturday night, I'll take the bike, and leave directly after work in the morning and head north on 22.  If/when I see you, I'll turn around and catch up.  If I don't, I'll turn around when the GPS tells me "Turn around or you'll be late for lunch!"  ;D

Outback Jon said:
kathybrj said:
Outback Jon said:
kathybrj said:

Thanks Jon!

Well, assuming there isn't a thunderstorm when I leave for work Saturday night, I'll take the bike, and leave directly after work in the morning and head north on 22.  If/when I see you, I'll turn around and catch up.  If I don't, I'll turn around when the GPS tells me "Turn around or you'll be late for lunch!"  ;D

Ok sounds good!

Well it looks to be a nice day, though warm again. But it doesn't look to be too bad. I'm already beat up from 13 hrs in the heat yesterday. So I'm really looking for a nice morning ride before it gets warmer. Then that tasty BBQ and seeing folks again. But I do question how I'll be for afternoon riding. I'm sitting here hydrating right now.  :))

See y'all there.

Cap'n Bob said:
Well it looks to be a nice day, though warm again. But it doesn't look to be too bad. I'm already beat up from 13 hrs in the heat yesterday. So I'm really looking for a nice morning ride before it gets warmer. Then that tasty BBQ and seeing folks again. But I do question how I'll be for afternoon riding. I'm sitting here hydrating right now.  :))

See y'all there.

The ride down, some good BBQ and company and the ride back is going to do it for me!

Just got back from Big W's. Good food, friends and riding what can be better.

The ride down was a little warm, time for a new mesh jacket, but the ride home was nasty
as I hit heavy rains, wind and chilly temps in the northwest hills of CT.  Now I just have to
get Capt Bob to come over and detail the GPz 750 Turbo because she looks pretty bad after
all that rain and crap.

Here's a link to the few pictures I took (old camera as well)

http://community.webshots.com/slideshow/583043643ouxuNi

Got back in the barn at 3:50pm after a quick dowsing in a pop up thunderstorm just as I reached Rt 17 in NJ.  The overpasses were crowded with harleys and more than a few cars!  Hell its just water folks!  Even had some rocket scientist pull her jeep to the left under one to put up her soft top....unfortunately she was still halfway into the left lane!  Lord help us all!  Hell I found it quite refreshing and it was over in 10 min if you kept riding.

All in all a great day even with the heat and although the turnout was a bit thin compared to last run we still had a good amount of folks make the trek.  I had three other folks along for the ride from my D&D rendezvous on Rt 22 and the roads I picked turned out to be pretty nice with only some intermittent traffic.  Great riidng with you Adam, Alex, and Bill.

Good folks, good vittles, good roads....what could be better?!? :))

Pat and Sher in MA said:
Just got back from Big W's. Good food, friends and riding what can be better.

The ride down was a little warm, time for a new mesh jacket, but the ride home was nasty
as I hit heavy rains, wind and chilly temps in the northwest hills of CT.  Now I just have to
get Capt Bob to come over and detail the GPz 750 Turbo because she looks pretty bad after
all that rain and crap.

Here's a link to the few pictures I took (old camera as well)

http://community.webshots.com/slideshow/583043643ouxuNi

I didn't get far up  Route 22 before the rain started. I had to stop at the Wassaic Metro North Station. Didn't even make it out of the parking lot and dove for a bus stop cover. The hail, lightening and thunder were something else.

Coming up off Rt. 199 and on to County Rt. 8 (no clue what county) I encountered a tree branch down across the road. I slowed down enough to ride over it and then pulled over and yanked it out of the road.

it was a much more exciting ride home than going down! :)

389014_10151009450058276_1085284904_n.jpg

It was great to see everyone. The BBQ is always good there.  Maybe we need to make this an annual outing. 

I had 2 in my entourage from Waterbury... Karl & Chris.  Chris came all the way from eastern Long Island via the ferry to come on this ride.  Heading there we had a great 80ish mile ride from Waterbury with a few roads and areas I've been wanting to check out. One section was along the CT/NY border and through Macedonia State Park.  Little did I know this roads was hard pack dirt.  Glad we toughed it out as it was very scenic.

I departed with a few in tow.  Karl & Chris were going to follow into CT, then head diagonally SE toward Thomaston & RT 8.  gMitch and I proceeded to Bull's Bridge, and then through back roads through Kent.  While heading north on RT 45 in Warren we could see the menacing black storm clouds ahead. As the drops started I ditched the mesh and donned the 'stich.  The rain dropped the temps a good 10-20 degrees. It was quite refreshing. We continued east through Warren, Cornwall, and Goshen, where Greg & Lisa ditched to head north and I continued east to Torrington to locate Mr Johnny Rocket.  I hung around there waiting for the lightening to pass. Then I was southbound to home.

All in all a very good day.

kathybrj said:
I didn't get far up  Route 22 before the rain started. I had to stop at the Wassaic Metro North Station. Didn't even make it out of the parking lot and dove for a bus stop cover. The hail, lightening and thunder were something else.

Coming up off Rt. 199 and on to County Rt. 8 (no clue what county) I encountered a tree branch down across the road. I slowed down enough to ride over it and then pulled over and yanked it out of the road.
Guess I left at the right time.  My son and I had beautiful weather for the ride home.  Even with a stop for ice cream in Germantown.  Set the GPS to "Shortest Distance", as I usually find some nice back roads that way.  Found some really nice roads through Dutchess and Columbia counties.

That probably would have been Dutchess County Route 8 that you were on.  I was on Columbia CR 8, but that is up near Germantown.

Outback Jon said:
That probably would have been Dutchess County Route 8 that you were on.  I was on Columbia CR 8, but that is up near Germantown.

I do not know a RT 199 that intersects with DC 8.  The RT 199 I know is further north and is esat/west through Red Hood, Rhinebeck, etc.

S Smith said:
Outback Jon said:

I do not know a RT 199 that intersects with DC 8.  The RT 199 I know is further north and is esat/west through Red Hood, Rhinebeck, etc.

I took Rt 199 off Rt. 22 north of Amenia (where I sat out the storm), then took a County Rd 60 to Pulver Road (Co. Rd. 8) to Rt. 82 at Ancramdale.

I've never been on these roads before....it was a nice ride!

kathybrj said:
S Smith said:
Outback Jon said:

I took Rt 199 off Rt. 22 north of Amenia (where I sat out the storm), then took a County Rd 60 to Pulver Road (Co. Rd. 8) to Rt. 82 at Ancramdale.

Ok.  That would be Columbia county rt 8 and 199

S Smith said:
kathybrj said:
S Smith said:
Outback Jon said:

Ok.  That would be Columbia county rt 8 and 199

Ok- good to know......it really was a nice ride!

Guess I was lucky, I was one of the last to leave and headed south on RT 22.  Nice ride home and no rain just lots of sunshine and heat.  It was great seeing everyone, I'll be seeing some of you in WV.

Nice Day! Great ride up with Terry , Alex and Adam. . . some sweet roads I'd never found before. Insanely great BBQ too. I left at 12:30 and hightailed it for home, basically Route 7 all the way down. Hot.

Here are a few pix of the action. Looking forward to the next one!

Attachments

• Big_Ws_COG-10a.jpg
    Big_Ws_COG-10a.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 118
  • Big_Ws_COG-13a.jpg
    Big_Ws_COG-13a.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 113
  • Big_Ws_COG-22a.jpg
    Big_Ws_COG-22a.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 120
  • Big_Ws_COG-26a.jpg
    Big_Ws_COG-26a.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 123
Great photos Bill & Pat.  Thanks to Terry F & Bob B for being the other two point people and organizing rides.
Anyone who attended feel like writing up a short newsletter story on the day, including a few photos?

S Smith said:
Great photos Bill & Pat.  Thanks to Terry F & Bob B for being the other two point people and organizing rides.
Anyone who attended feel like writing up a short newsletter story on the day, including a few photos?

My story would be too short:

"BBQ was delicious......company was AWESOME!"  :)

kathybrj said:
S Smith said:

You underestimate yourself Kathy. The ride down where you didn't recognize the person you were suppose to ride with. Lunch, and the folks @ Big W. The ride home and almost getting killed by a tornado. (OK maybe not quite that bad)  :))

Cap'n Bob said:
kathybrj said:
S Smith said:

You underestimate yourself Kathy. The ride down where you didn't recognize the person you were suppose to ride with. Lunch, and the folks @ Big W. The ride home and almost getting killed by a tornado. (OK maybe not quite that bad)  :))

LOL...well, yeah I didn't recognize Outback...I did pull over and wait for a short time, but he must have traveled up farther and then turned around. I was thinking Hi Viz for his jacket....ooops!

Nearly DYING on the way home.......well, yeah, there's a seriously NOT interesting story!  :))

45 minutes of watching rail, hail and lightening and my a** getting wet. I'm not certain I can write a good story 'bout that!

As usual good company, good food and good roads made for another good COG event.  When it comes to BBQ I think I prefer Fat Daddy's, but I'll have to ride up to Big W's a few more times to eat some more of their BBQ to know for sure.  After all, so far all I've compared is the pulled pork sandwiches.  YMMV. 

I pulled out just ahead of Cap'n Bob & Terry and got home around 5 PM.  The only rain I saw was during the last mile and it only lasted five minutes and I was actually in the garage for most of it.  On the way home I decided to do a jacket comparison so I stopped and switched from my TourMaster Transition II to my Kushitani Mesh jacket.  Initially the mesh felt cooler, especially on my arms but after about 10-15 minutes I didn't notice much difference.  I suspect that initial feeling of coolness was due to the breeze hitting the sweat on my skin that evaporated after riding in the mesh for awhile. 

Outback Jon: Regarding my Transition II looking cleaner than yours.  I thought about it some more and although I've never put it in a washing machine, during my 13 day No Bad Roads Sport Tour  I did get drenched in three different heavy downpours.  Therefore, maybe the difference in our jackets is I just ride in the rain more than you do.
;D

ProfessorKonk said:
Nice Day! Great ride up with Terry , Alex and Adam. . . some sweet roads I'd never found before. Insanely great BBQ too. I left at 12:30 and hightailed it for home, basically Route 7 all the way down. Hot.

Re:  Konks last photo.  I think Steve needs hold a class or two on parking.  Are you kidding me?  :rotflmao:

BJ_CT said:
ProfessorKonk said:

Re:  Konks last photo.  I think Steve needs hold a class or two on parking.  Are you kidding me?  :rotflmao:

See what happens when you're not there??

S Smith said:
BJ_CT said:
ProfessorKonk said:

See what happens when you're not there??

Hey, we were hungry! Smell that smokey meat and you don't care where you leave the bike. 

Many thanks to all of you for the hospitality on my first COG event. The day started early for me here on eastern Long Island as I had to catch a 7am ferry across Long Island Sound. Getting up at 430 was easy for once as I only recently got my 2010 Connie after a 30 year hiatus from riding and this was my first trip with her. The ferry ride over to Bridgeport was smooth going and the day got off to a beautiful start. I was running tight on getting to the meeting point on time, so with Steve's directions I blasted north on RT8. As I was approaching the exit to get off along came a Triumph who waved and motioned for me to follow. It turned out our third group member, Karl, was aboard and he took me right to the meet point in Waterbury. We 3 departed and for the next hour drove  wonderfull twisties, elegant lakeside curves and some up and down hills through the Conn countryside. I am still learning the nuances of riding the Connie so, needless to say, the ride was thrilling. After a short break in Cornwall, CT we continued northward through a State Park on wonderful back roads along lakes, streams and wetlands, even a dirt road and through 2 covered bridges. Steve and Karl are much better riders than I am and many thanks to them for holding back to accommodate my lower skill level. It was a great opportunity to learn a lot about riding the Connie being behind Steve and Karl. I learned a lot about how to ride the bike and gained a lot of confidence. Thanks Steve and Karl! Upon arriving at lunch the camaraderie of the COG group was immediately evident and fun. I can tell you all have made friendships for a lifetime. After lunch Steve cut north and Karl led the way back east. Halfway back saw dark ominous clouds to the North and to our luck we got to our turn south before it got to us and we avoided it. It looked bad though and from some of your accounts it was. There was much to reflect upon on the ferry ride back and the ride eastward on the Long Island Expressway. New friends, new memories and new confidence riding a great machine. A great adventure to kickoff the July 4th week! I am a much better and more confident rider now than when I set out early in the day. Thank you all for being so nice to me. Have a safe holiday and I hope to see you all again........Best, Chris

Ocean said:
Many thanks to all of you for the hospitality on my first COG event. The day started early for me here on eastern Long Island as I had to catch a 7am ferry across Long Island Sound. Getting up at 430 was easy for once as I only recently got my 2010 Connie after a 30 year hiatus from riding and this was my first trip with her. The ferry ride over to Bridgeport was smooth going and the day got off to a beautiful start. I was running tight on getting to the meeting point on time, so with Steve's directions I blasted north on RT8. As I was approaching the exit to get off along came a Triumph who waved and motioned for me to follow. It turned out our third group member, Karl, was aboard and he took me right to the meet point in Waterbury. We 3 departed and for the next hour drove  wonderfull twisties, elegant lakeside curves and some up and down hills through the Conn countryside. I am still learning the nuances of riding the Connie so, needless to say, the ride was thrilling. After a short break in Cornwall, CT we continued northward through a State Park on wonderful back roads along lakes, streams and wetlands, even a dirt road and through 2 covered bridges. Steve and Karl are much better riders than I am and many thanks to them for holding back to accommodate my lower skill level. It was a great opportunity to learn a lot about riding the Connie being behind Steve and Karl. I learned a lot about how to ride the bike and gained a lot of confidence. Thanks Steve and Karl! Upon arriving at lunch the camaraderie of the COG group was immediately evident and fun. I can tell you all have made friendships for a lifetime. After lunch Steve cut north and Karl led the way back east. Halfway back saw dark ominous clouds to the North and to our luck we got to our turn south before it got to us and we avoided it. It looked bad though and from some of your accounts it was. There was much to reflect upon on the ferry ride back and the ride eastward on the Long Island Expressway. New friends, new memories and new confidence riding a great machine. A great adventure to kickoff the July 4th week! I am a much better and more confident rider now than when I set out early in the day. Thank you all for being so nice to me. Have a safe holiday and I hope to see you all again........Best, Chris

Well Chris, I can say that it was our pleasure to have you come meet some of the north east folks. I enjoyed speaking with you (while you attempted to eat your lunch).  :))  It's very cool that you decided to take the ferry over and join Steve and Karl on the ride over. I know you do not live in the most convenient spot to make events like these. But your always welcome to come join in on the fun at one of our events. I know if I can ever do anything to assist your making one. I would do my best. Again, thanks for coming and it was a pleasure meeting you. Hopefully we'll see you again.

Bob

Looks like a good time was had by all! Sorry to have missed the event but I didn't get back from my 17 day trip till July 2. Hope to see you folks in Newburgh.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Hey Chris from LI it was nice to meet u & glad u enjoyed the ride as u helped keep Steve & I in check from ridin to krazy as my top speed for the day was only 87.3mph & I think I did that when I took off out of the Big W goin up rte-22  :) & glad u enjoyed the ride to rte-8 as I tried to take u on as many scenic roads as I could to get u there & when I got home I realized I finally hit the 10,001 miles on my bike & I think I need to start ridin it more often & hope to c u again on another ride!!!  :great:

oh yeah & I got my bike put away & I closed the garage door & it started pourin out as I got into my cage to go home!!!  ;D

Karl......glad you wrote because I was wondering if that storm system we saw caught up with you or not......sounded close and you were headed that way!.....some of the others caught it pretty bad......appreciate you and Steve being tolerant....I had a terrific run......if you and/or Steve can put up with me again let's plan another ride......I'll be game!.....I am switching over from the stock Bridgestone tires to Michelin PR3s......Alex who I met at BigW BBQ has generously offered to do the switch with his new tire changing station setup.......looking forward to seeing the difference in ride since so much is said about how bad the stock tires are.........trailering the bike down to the Shenandoah Mntns this weekend for a family gathering and will be riding some backroads with my nephew on his Suzuki. It was a pleasure to ride with you guys......be well!....Chris

Chris if I would've stopped for fuel I would've got soaked as I decided as I passed the station to just get to my storage garage cause I was hot & tired & I have the PR2's now & so far so good & they r better than the stock Bridgestone's & they say the PR3's have a better wet weather lean angle, so PR3's for me next time!!!  :)

This is where I order my tires unless the dealers will give me a price close to these to include mountin & next time I'm goin to get the TPMS!!!  ;D http://www.americanmototire.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=33_176_187

Gee guys...the storms weren't that bad.......I just stood under the bus canopy and watched sideways rain and hail for about 45 minutes. The lightening bolts were quite the thing!  :)

kathybrj said:
Gee guys...the storms weren't that bad.......I just stood under the bus canopy and watched sideways rain and hail for about 45 minutes. The lightening bolts were quite the thing!  :)

Dinner and a show. What a great day!  :D

kathybrj said:
What storms?  :nananana: