• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

June 21-23 ,2013 NORTH & SOUTH 16 GET TOGETHER

Russell W Fleming

June 21-23 ,2013 NORTH & SOUTH 16 GET TOGETHER

2610 Old Fort Schoolhouse RD, Hampstead MD 21074
Friday June 21 for camping, come and setup your tent and have a cookout in the evening. There is plenty of tent space in the backyard.
Saturday June 22 Breakfast, Ride and Cookout
Breakfast will be held in the driveway. Serving Bacon and Eggs, Juice and Coffee. Starting at 8:00 am then you can leave at your free will on one of many routes that could take you in PA, VA, WV and MD of 260 miles or 1 of 2 short routes of 100 miles or a DUAL Sport Ride.   Around 6:30 pm will be the evening cookout.
  Sunday June 23 Breakfast will be held one more time in the driveway. Starting 8:00 am with a guided ride there after.

Lodging                                                                 WESTMINSTER MD
  Boston Inn              533 Baltimore Blvd               Westminster MD                       1-800-634-0846                  
Days Inn                    25 South Cranberry Rd Westminster MD                       1-800-329-7466                    
Best Western 451 WMC Drive                              Westminster MD                 1-800-528-1234

Direction From Westminster to the Fleming's
Route 140 to Route 27 North 6 miles, Right on Old Fort Schoolhouse Rd. Fleming's is 1 mile on left at top of hill.

Lodging                                                                 HANOVER PA                                                                   
Super 8                                           40 Wetzel St                           Hanover, PA                          1-800-800-8000
Clearview Motor Inn   901 Carlisle St                   Hanover, PA                          717-637-3701

Direction from Hanover to the Fleming's
Take PA 94 south into MD where it becomes MD 30. Continue to Manchester. Turn right at MD 27 (Sheetz store on left) 2.4 miles. Then a left onto Old Fort Schoolhouse Rd. Fleming's is 1 mile on left at top of hill.

Camping in the back yard at the Fleming's on Friday and Saturday night.

Please give me a call if you plan on coming so that I know how much food to fix. 
Phone 410-374-9687 or Email fleming@qis.net

Tommyhof said:
IN  IN  IN  IN,  camping at your place of course, Crispy Bacon  :))

Well since it looks like Roger's Friend is in you can also count on Roger's Friend's Close Personal Buddy!

Now we are waiting to hear from our Well-Known Compatriot "Boosthound"!!

See you there .....

OK, Russ shamed me at the spring fling about my poor attendance at these events.  :-[  So I should be coming down. Although the I'm not 100% sure whether I'm coming solo or with the wife. Solo would be on the bike. With the wife will not be on the bike.  ::)

Anyway, for folks planning on staying in the hotels that Russell listed. Well there were no rooms available at the inn(s), in either Westminster or Hanover. (according to the wife) The only one that had any rooms was the Super 8. And they were smoking rooms. I think we got the last room at the Hampton Inn.

Russel,
It was nice meeting you at the spring fling in Bedford. I guess there is really no excuse to miss out on this one since it is in my backyard! I am trying to work out some childcare logistics and pending that completion I will be there!
Matt Needham

Russell W Fleming said:
Bob & Matt Glad you are coming.
You don't have to book your room just book you tent space.

Yeah, I should have probably stated that for only the non camping folks.

Russell,
Is there  a non refundable fee on the tent space if I have to cancel? If not, put me down for 1 tent space, size small to med. I am also considering riding up in time to catch b-fast and the day rides since I live an hour away. Then maybe camp that nite?
Matt

Russell, I hate to do this, but think I have a change of plans for attending the North-South and will be backing out.

There is an event http://followyourblissfest.helvetiawv.com/ going on in Helvetia that same w/e that I don't want to miss. One of those things with too much going on, and not enough time to do them all.

Therefore, I will not be attending the North-South.

Guy

OK Y'all,
I had an awesome day riding with Russell and friends all over the eastern part of Md. Lunch was realy good in Deale, Md too!  He put together a great route for a short 4 1/2 hour ride.  I am really looking forward to meeting a lot more COG'ers at the North South weekend! Get signed up and make it happen, work is overrated!!  Besides there will always be more work to get done anyhow!  Come hang out with us, it's gonna be well worth it!
Russel, it was great seeing you again and getting to ride with you and Paul and John, and the others who can't remember all the names, sorry!
Matt

Knubbins,
Just a short TOTW over I 70. Slightly longer if you stick to the twisties! It is just a few min north of Westminster.!
Matt

Pat
You are less than a hour from Frederick.
From Frederick take 70 east to route 27 north at Mt Airy for the next 25 miles and take a right on Old Fort Schoolhouse Road the house is 1 mile on left at top of the hill.

:) :)

In 2 weeks the North South will be over if you are planning on attending please let me know so I know how much food to prepare. Sunday after the cleanup John Lippy has planed route for us to go ride for fun.

Russell,

I apologize but I will not be attending N/S this year.  I am sorry to not make it, especially given all the effort youall put into setting things up!

Both my sons have arranged to visit Blacksburg that weekend for a family combo Father's Day / Birthday -- so I'm gonna have to back out.

Hi All,

Looks like I won't be able to make it this year either - it's a bit of a hike to get there!  ;D

The regulars may remember a couple of years ago I was trying to sell my 80,000 mile Strom (with a $10k price tag - why no takers? I eventually sold it to former COG member Scott Ruffner, for a LOT less than that. Just glad it went to a good home.)

Then last year I had my Super Tenere there - all geared up, testing things for my big trip...

Which I started last September. On the road for 9 months now. Bike has been just about perfect, people, roads and scenery spectacular. Not one thing to complain about really. Anyone thinking of doing this trip - don't think, do!

I'm in Ecuador at the moment, the riding just keeps getting better and better. This is what 27000 miles looks like.

http://www.everytrail.com/iframe2.php?trip_id=2147530

If anyone's interested, I have a ride report going here;

http://www.yamahasupertenere.com/index.php?topic=5583.0

Or you can join me on Facebook, just search for me "aroadanywhere".

This will be the first North/South I've missed for quite some time, will be thinking of you guys (or at least Russell's bacon and beans, you just can't get that stuff down here!)

Salud!

Trevor

Trevor
About ever week I check on your trail and wish I was along.
At the North South next year we might try to get you give a talk on your trip.

Russell W Fleming said:
Trevor
About ever week I check on your trail and wish I was along.
At the North South next year we might try to get you give a talk on your trip.

Thanks Russell - hope I can be there, but at the rate I'm going, might not be finished!

COG-528 said:
Trevor,

Off topic: What was the point of getting a South Dakota license and registration?

Mike - a few reasons.

1) cheap bike registration!
2) I have a mailing service there which is now my address for all correspondence. Terri then scans my mail and sends to me via email. This service is also cheap - run out of an office in Madison, just north of Souix Falls. Doesn´t hurt that her office is only half a block from the county courthouse, and she will go there in person and sort out any registration issues.
3) Anyone can become a Sth Dakota resident by staying ONE night in paid accommodation. This can include the KOA. As a result, I have a Sth Dakota drivers licence, which is also cheap...

Trevor

Rod with you checking the weather dose that mean you are coming?
For the Dual Sport ride my friend Bowie put together a ride of 200 miles for you guys and yes there is a stream crossing.

yea Russell,count me in.waiting on a couple of things to put the bike back together.wheels are off at the moment,Connie G is sporting new sneakers now,lol.my front fender extension should be here tomorrow or Tues,and the last touch should be here by Thurs I hope.She is taking on a new look.I want to get a couple of miles on the new tires before Sat.,the weather is looking great after Wed,looking forward to meeting everybody this weekend.

The question came up do I have any route beside the dual sport.
Yes I have ride from 100 mile to 270 miles long that are route sheets and GPS files.
Bring your GPS and I will download one for Saturday.

Hi Russell, Jack Fredrick and myself are coming down for Saturday breakfast only. Then taking a route back home.

Chuck Landis

Look like it will be a good turnout for this year the head count is at 30 this evening. There is 8 new people coming to see what COG is all about.

The wife and I will be there. Although because the wife is coming, I will be in the cage.  ???  But I will get quality time extra credit.    :))

Also just as a reminder, we won't be camping over night (hotel). But we should be around for the festivities on Friday afternoon/evening, probably Sat morning and Saturday evening. Looking forward to it. See y'all there.

Russell,
I am sorry but I have to cancel. My childcare plans backed out last minute. I was really looking forward to this weekend.
Matt

I hope you all have a great weekend at Russell's and Martha's...........

I'm heading to Snowshoe for the 20th Anniversary of the Yamaha GTS 1000.
We're expecting 20 - 25 GTS's to be in attendance.

Miss the Bacon inferno Saturday morning in the driveway :motonoises:
Jason

Russ,
We spoke on phone.
We (my cage and I) should be there mid to late afternoon on Friday and just staying one night.  In fact, Michelle will be bringing her own ride.  This is practrice for BRP/Tail of the Dragon trip coming up in July.

Weather will be great can't to meet everyone.

Simon 2002 Connie
Michelle 2007 1200 Sportster

Well we'll be on our way in a little bit. I'm probably going to spend a little time in Gettysburg on the way. We'll see y'all later on today.

The Flemings house is becoming the mad home this morning. I have to go to work for a couple hours then come home and get thing ready for the weekend. This will make the weekend more fun.

finally,everything is back together and Connie G is ready to roll in the AM,,,,,,,,,,,, gonna be a beautiful day tomorrow ! see you guys in the morning,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Cindy and I made it home safe after a nice ride home including RT 125 in PA. It was in the 90's by the time we got back to NY. I want to thank Russell and Martha for opening up their home for all us flunkies to invade.  :))  It was nice seeing some folks and meeting some new ones. We had one very enjoyable weekend. Thank you.

Hope everyone made it home safe. This weekend was a BIG help to keep Martha improving on Saturday morning she ask me if she could work one of the frying pans making eggs and she done a GREAT job at frying eggs. There was 8 new COG members here for Saturday morning breakfast and they didn't really that there was ride they could do and the cookout in the evening. They were used to seeing talk about meet and greet. They said next year they will try to make the hole weekend. Mark your for this event in 2014 for North South 17.

Russell and Martha, Thanks for another great weekend. The friends, food, and weather were all great. Thanks again.        Andy-WV

gsjay said:
I hope you all have a great weekend at Russell's and Martha's...........

I'm heading to Snowshoe for the 20th Anniversary of the Yamaha GTS 1000.
We're expecting 20 - 25 GTS's to be in attendance.

Miss the Bacon inferno Saturday morning in the driveway :motonoises:
Jason

You shoulda stopped by Helvetia:

http://gbyoung2.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/2013-Follow-Your-Bliss/30148095_zLVrMp

:))

Spent an incredible w/e over in Helvetia attending the http://followyourblissfest.helvetiawv.com/.

I got over there a day early and had a chance to meet a number of the locals, who welcomed me into their homes and made me feel most welcome. I pitched in Friday to help set up some of the event sites, stage audio equipment, and just generally help out where I could. Had a chance to meet many of the musicians that were performing over the course of the w/e as well. Many of them hooked up after the day’s events at one of the local’s homes and just jammed into the wee hours of the morning…. like to 4:00 in the morning. Some of the music they put out was absolutely incredible.

They’re already talking about a repeat event for next year, and you can bet you bippy I’ll be there.

2013%20Follow%20Your%20Bliss%20Helvetia%2C%20WV%20190-L.jpg

2013%20Follow%20Your%20Bliss%20Helvetia%2C%20WV%20055-L.jpg

2013%20Follow%20Your%20Bliss%20Helvetia%2C%20WV%20114-L.jpg

2013%20Follow%20Your%20Bliss%20Helvetia%2C%20WV%20134-L.jpg

2013%20Follow%20Your%20Bliss%20Helvetia%2C%20WV%20164-L.jpg