• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Just a one-night stand, I swear it! ST1100

coffee_brake

One of my local riding buddies is a great person but has no patience with BS. So...when I met him he got a pretty rough ST1100 and fixed it up really nice, then he took a ride on my CBR1100 Blackbird, and immediately went and got one for himself. The ST sat unridden until...

...I had a project Honda Dream and this guy, unwilling to follow through with the BS required to sell an older bike on CL, traded his ST for the Dream. So I rode the ST all weekend and now I am re-affirmed as to why I LOVE my Connie so much! This ST is in better shape than my Connie but...it's not a C-10! It's slower,, heavier, less nimble and harder to work on.

The plan all along was to sell the ST and recoup my costs on the Dream. I'll do that, and gladly. My Connie is STILL my best bike, ever.

I have to agree...my ST1100 was...well...just...kind of vanilla...I mean, it was a nice bike...but, it had no personality...

I've got a friend with a '99 ST that he's looking to sell/trade. He wants to downsize as he's getting older, doesn't ride as much and seldom rides two-up anymore.  I've ridden his; it's okay but ... .

I had a friend who just upgraded from a ST1100 to a C-14....  I don't think he has quit smiling yet.....

The STs are very good bikes - smooth and good torque.

However, for me, after putting so many miles on a C10 Concours, I felt the ergonomics of the ST were such that I was sitting up on top of the bike, rather than down "in it" like the Concours.

You would get good service out of either bike, but I also prefer the Concours.

best

mqqn

Yeah it really is a sweet bike in terms of its usefulness. I like the motor, a lot, and the ergos are great for me but...I like my old C10 more!

Got a potential buyer lined up for tomorrow. Then my Connie will be the star of the garage again.

Sport Rider said:
there haven't been any fights break out in the garage, have there?  :rotflmao:
My brain is just idling

Attachments

• bring them inside.jpg
    bring them inside.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 129
ST-1100's & ST-1300's are nice bikes but are heavier than the C-10 by a bunch. Nice smooth tractor type motor - just no soul. Just sayin...

Yeah, it's still in the garage, this is a bad time to sell a bike.

Unless it's a kid's dirt bike or ATV, those are moving like hotcakes around here.

I'm not worried, the ST is not odious to me, in fact it's a really useful machine that does everything well. But y'all are right, it hasn't got the soul of my old Connie.

IT'S GONE!

I traded it. Local older rider, a really tall big dude, had one that he regretted selling years ago, and traded me a sweet clean 96 Triumph Trident for it!

This Trident is right up my alley. It's the first generation of the Hinckley motors, the 900, but it's a smaller frame and no fairing. Looks super classy in the black with red and gold pinstripe. And, it's carbureted! We're bonding very well, this might be a keeper for me.

My new riding buddy with the ST is a really cool dude and they do a "riders' supper" every week locally. You know I'm all over that.

So....if there was no such thing as a C-10, I'd happily ride a ST1100. But I have no intention of replacing my C-10 with anything else while I can still lift it off the side stand and ride it, so...the garage is looking very different these days.